Netplay III

Postby ktoe072031 » Sat Jul 15, 2006 11:04 am

What's the deal with Garciaparra? He can be on both Boston and Chicago. I'm not sure if there are any others. That's why I say it's better to not use the multi cards at all. If we use them, the team with the Roster card, and also the player has more ABs there, should get that player.

How is the final stage gonna be. I see a player I could use who has been cut.
ktoe072031

Postby ROBERTMAVIN » Sat Jul 15, 2006 1:27 pm

Can not blame you Ace for blocking out my cuts...
Last edited by ROBERTMAVIN on Sat Jul 15, 2006 1:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ROBERTMAVIN

Postby ROBERTMAVIN » Sat Jul 15, 2006 1:29 pm

my cuts were fairly easy as these players were the worst of a bad, bad bunch

[quote:7aaf317272]oronto Blue Jay cuts 09 Jul 2006 19:57
Simon Pond
Adam Peterson
Mike Nakamura
Dave Maurer
Chad Hermansen
Pat Hentgen
Kevin Frederick
Eric Crozier
Howie Clark

a lot more deserved to be cut.. like about at least 15 -20 more.. but will hold off until I really get the feel on how this works... I think my protected list is now about 32...

usage.. so we will have usage limits.. LOL..LOL..
ohhh this team is SOOOOO bad !!!!!

with 18 pitchers on my rosters... and some of them being called pitchers is a stretch ...... I have a total of 1200 IP... !!!!!!!!!!
Very Happy [/quote:7aaf317272]
ROBERTMAVIN

Garciaparra

Postby GREGGZILIANI » Sat Jul 15, 2006 2:42 pm

My understanding with Garciaparra is that his multicard belongs to the Cubs, where he played a majority of his games in 2004. Ill gladly send the card over to you Toi, since it has an injury roll on 6. :shock: I figure you will use his Major league card.
GREGGZILIANI

Postby Paul5757 » Sat Jul 15, 2006 3:17 pm

My cuts will be: Kelton, Murray, and Pratt. That should leave my roster at 35.
Paul5757

Postby rjohaire » Sat Jul 15, 2006 3:24 pm

[size=18:d5abdd0943]You begin with your entire 40 man roster protected. [/size:d5abdd0943]

Which year are you talking about? Your 2004 40 man roster or your new 2005 roster - I assume from your answer you mean your 2004 roster using the 2005 player cards?????????

I don't think this makes much since, giving the theme is managing a franchise.

I will not have many of the Yankee 2005 starters. In 2004 they had starters of Brown, Hernandez, Vasquez, Lieber, Loaiza - none are on 2005 roster - I would need more than 3 drafts to pick up the starters, no less the bull pen.

Tony Clark, Lofton, Olerud and Sierra aren't on the 2005 team either - all replaced by someone.

How will this be like managing the francise - the stated theme of this league?
I would think most teams will be in the same boat.
rjohaire

Postby rjohaire » Sat Jul 15, 2006 3:42 pm

Constitution
Games are played in one month periods. In each month you will play a Home and away series VS every other team in the league. The Commissioner’s office will send out an updated file each Monday including all games played and a list of games that still need to be played that month. ***Please do not begin play on Mondays until you have received the latest league update and restored it to your game.*** When the month is over the commissioners office will auto play all games that managers were not able to get in using the latest Computer manager settings the two managers have submitted.On another front - having the schedule play out over a month[b:b468245aa3]

Translatted - we have a 1 month slow play league - I think if you talk to the managers that tried this, it was an abject failure - no one played any games until the last week of the month and then there was a big rush and most games were unplayed.

Having an exception of maybe playing a series the next week is fine. But that is a one week delay and on an exception basis. The way I interped this, you have a month to play the games.

[b]I strongly object to this.[/b:b468245aa3] I'm here to play every week, but can see how someone can get too busy to play and you can work out a time the following week. So a one week delay on an agreed apon exception is fine.

Also, the way it is written, there will be no games played by a manger where the opposition can't make the game. I think this should be allowed for - why have the commissioner play the CMs and punish both managers when it was only one manager who was tardy or non-responsive.[/b]
rjohaire

1975 Semi finals for Netplay III

Postby ROBERTMAVIN » Sat Jul 15, 2006 3:59 pm

Congrats to Toi san for winning our season. IT was a 7 games series and at one time I thought I had Paul on the ropes.. but he hung in there and came back to win 4 games to 3.

Good luck to Toi San and Ace in the finals !!!!
ROBERTMAVIN

Postby aceventura55369 » Sat Jul 15, 2006 8:15 pm

[quote:25373d9957]What's the deal with Garciaparra?[/quote:25373d9957]

He's on the Cubs, they have the Major league card for him.

[quote:25373d9957]How is the final stage gonna be.[/quote:25373d9957]

We will use the same draft order and have unlimited rounds.

I apologize Bob :oops: your cuts have been entered into the league.

MD Actually Toi would have to use the Major League card since the AB's on his Multi card occurred in a Red Sox Uniform. To avoid confusion on this issue int he future we will only use Major league cards.

rjoh - As I said above if you have some different wording that would make things more clear I am more than happy to change it. The bottom line is you are currently developing a 40 man roster and that will be your starting point for the 2005 season. I don't know how else to explain this.

[quote:25373d9957]Translatted - we have a 1 month slow play league [/quote:25373d9957]

I was also invited to play in that league and the name alone made me say no.

We definitely do not have a slow play league the way it is described. The five leagues that I have participated in have averaged 40-45 games/month and it seemed to me that too much time was wasted trying to connect with someone to get games in. The proposed schedule for this league should eliminate a lot of that wasted time in two ways. First, each month you are playing every other team in the league so you will almost always find someone online whom you need to play during the first half of the month. Second, we are playing a Home and Away series each time you play against so you only have to arrange three times throughout the season with each other player in the league instead of 7 or 8 times like the other leagues. With all of that being said we should get in 54 games/month so we will actually be playing faster than the other leagues.
aceventura55369

Postby rjohaire » Sat Jul 15, 2006 8:38 pm

Schedule
Call it what u will - giving some managers a month to play the games had resulted in most games being held until the last week of the month.
Hopefully this league will be different. But I am sceptical.

Next Season
If my interpetation is correct, we are not playing in a francise league as was earlier indicated. This is true only in the 1st year, then it is a keeper league.
I thought, it had been stated that the fun was to see if you could manage better than the manager of your franchise. Clearly this will not be the objective of the 2nd and subsequent years since your roster won't even come close to that years roster.

Unless I don't understand the 2nd and subsequent year leagues.
This is my understanding:
For 2005 league, I will keep all of my 2004 players even those who are on other teams in 2005 and therefore not have the players that were on the 2005 Yankees unless they are on the 2004 team as well. Except for 3 players that can be traded in.

[b:6e2d66a45b]Is this correct?[/b:6e2d66a45b]
rjohaire

PreviousNext

Return to Individual League Chat