Ditch ARod or Vlad??

Ditch ARod or Vlad??

Postby ANDYCOCHRANE » Tue Oct 11, 2005 6:45 am

http://fantasygames.sportingnews.com/baseball/stratomatic/2005/team/team_other.html?user_id=28482

I am post waivers and have Vlad and ARod but have been advised to ditch one of these. Why? Is it just because they are so expensive? I am in a division with a Shea, Safeco and Skydome and two more Sheas in the League. It looks as if the teams in my league are going to have 11 LHP and just 5 RH as starters, so I obviously need hitters good against lefties. On the other hand most of the parks in my league favour LH for Home Runs, so a righty is going to be a bit neutralised. Should I stick with Vlad/ARod or are there any decent priced alternatives to either of these?
ANDYCOCHRANE

Postby visick » Tue Oct 11, 2005 8:31 am

I think you need another lefty bat instead. A lefty that hits lefties well is preferred. ie. Gload

Other possibilities include:(High priced guys)
Suzuki
Casey
Wilkerson
Damon
Broussard
Walker
Overbay
Kotsay

(On the lower end)
Chavez
Mabry
Crawford
Huff
Klesko

(Real cheap)
Giambi - DH
visick

Postby mfsleeze » Tue Oct 11, 2005 9:09 pm

I don't know - with all those lefties in your division I think it might be worth keeping those two - I'd make sure I had plenty of LH bats around them though
mfsleeze

Postby kaviksdad » Wed Oct 12, 2005 11:36 am

Ditch A$Rod and keep Vlad, then get yourself a lefty that hits lefties like Mabry
kaviksdad

Return to Strat-O-Matic Baseball Online 20xx