Please.. need lineup help for bomber team

Postby GREGKOESTER » Tue Oct 11, 2005 8:16 pm

Offense looks great now with Joe. Now lose 2 of those pitchers you don't need 12. Your pen will be used a LOT. So I'd beef it up a bit.
GREGKOESTER

Postby atcjet » Tue Oct 11, 2005 8:17 pm

This is Nuts. Ok I got j.jackson. I thought that playing in fenway r jackson would be better because of the HR #'s . But Im just a rookie, putting the team in your hands

Thanks again
How about some lineups
atcjet

Postby atcjet » Tue Oct 11, 2005 8:22 pm

Hey guys KIKI cuyler just beacme available . could this be my new RF anf leadoff guy????
atcjet

Postby GREGKOESTER » Tue Oct 11, 2005 8:25 pm

I love Kiki but I think Joe AND a beefed up pen would be better for this team.
GREGKOESTER

Postby boss_of_um » Tue Oct 11, 2005 8:38 pm

Cuyler and Joe have the same strengths and weakness. Great OBP and average but a 15 game injury.

Also, we are not saying Reggie is not a good choice for Fenway, but you need a leadoff hitter. Are you trying to win, or just hit the most home runs? This type of team is usually .500 or worse.

Also, since Cuyler or Shoeless will be your leadoff hitter (bat Yaz second due to his low double plays) I would turn Boggs into Money.
boss_of_um

Postby sschu » Tue Oct 11, 2005 8:55 pm

Here are your numbers from the cards:

vs RH
OBP 0.427
SLG 0.521
OPS 0.948
HR 4.1
PBHRs 44
vs LH
OBP 0.451
SLG 0.553
OPS 1.003
HR 3.9
PBHRs 40

Observations:

You might be too weighted toward LHs, this depends on division and league SPs, RH or LH, count them.

Your HR rate and BPHRs are too low, target 5.0% HR rate and 50+ BPHRs both sides.

Change out 2 of Musial, Joe Jackson and Boggs for more power and BPHRs.

Suggest: Trade (do NOT drop) Musial for something and get Cepeda, McCovey or Money
Drop Boggs for Brett, Bando or Eddie Mathews
Keep Joe Jackson or get Kiki.

Get 3 SPs, Wyatt type, Lamp type and Tincup type.

All this will be a real challenge, but if you get it done, you can win.
sschu

Postby atcjet » Tue Oct 11, 2005 9:31 pm

Thanks again for all the help. Most of the players that have been suggested are no longer available.

What do you guys think about downgrading j.gordon for c. gheringer and maybe upgrading musial for j. foxx.

How about upgrading boggs for schmidt. Other than that there not much available unless your going in to 14 mil range --joe d. t . william and l. gehrig

SSCHU.. how do you come up with those numbers . they are a great tool.

thanks again
atcjet

Postby boss_of_um » Tue Oct 11, 2005 9:50 pm

What type of league is this? Shoess, Cuyler, and Gehringer all on the FA wire? Wow. As for your question, Gehringer is not a good fit. He is a leadoff hitter and that is it. Gordon will hit the homeruns you want, but he will not hit for a high batting average. That's not to say Gehringer does hit .300, but Charlie is a .400 OBP leadoff hitter whereas Gordon hit home runs.

Money is a 40+ home run hitter so he is more valuable than Boggs for your ballpark.

Do not drop Musial. Send a league mail saying he is available for trade.
boss_of_um

Postby egvrich » Wed Oct 12, 2005 10:24 am

Personally on a bomber team, I would prefer Cuyler over Shoeless. Though either will do. It would also depend upon the parks you're playing against and what the other teams pitching staff makeups are (LHP vs. RHP). I prefer Cuyler's 1 (-3) e9 in RF over Jackson's 2 (0) e10. Plus Cuylers a better baserunner and has more power.

Drop Drucke and Yerkes and Wyatt, use the money on one top quality pitcher. You've got the makings for a good cheap staff there, but your pen needs work.

Drop Boggs, get a real third baseman for your park. Brett, Bando, Money (and a backup) or Rosen will put up the same or better numbers with a lot more power.

Boyer is a cheaper, bulletproof option who will contribute offensively.
egvrich

Postby GREGKOESTER » Wed Oct 12, 2005 10:46 am

Sschu, how do you do that with the number thing and what is considered standard or good?
Boss, Gehringer hits pretty well 2nd too.

Have you guys REALLY had success with Bando? He never has gotten the job done for me whereas Boggs has never had a bad year. I've had so many disappointments at 3rd that Boggs, Rolfe, and Pendleton are about all I like to use anymore. Even Mathews and Weaver have faltered for me. Foxx is doing well, but that price tag. Eyie. It hurts me elsewhere.

Coach, how do you keep Rosen healthy?
GREGKOESTER

PreviousNext

Return to Strat-O-Matic Baseball: All-Time Greats