Event 5/ L3 (AL)

the official tournament of SOM Baseball 20xx

Postby LMBombers » Thu Jul 27, 2006 8:17 am

Warrior has been able to pick for 22 hours now without doing so. Is skipping him the answer? What if we progress another 3-4 rounds skipping him every time? No one will want his team at that point with what players would still be available. This will only hurt all of us. I think we should either wait till he ever shows up or replace him.

I wonder if he could be replaced by someone else who would then have all of his picks? The only other possiblity would be to scrap this draft, replace Warrior and start over.

We just can't go through 24 HR (or more) delays every time Stoney, Warrior or any player's pick comes up.
LMBombers

Postby raiders91sc » Thu Jul 27, 2006 8:20 am

I think we deserve an explaination from Smokey and Warrior. If this is going to happen every round why waste our time or if Warrior still hasn't made a pick at 10 EST we are going to have to wait when his next pick comes up.

I still say we start a new draft and get 2 new people who want to play.
raiders91sc

Postby raiders91sc » Thu Jul 27, 2006 9:04 am

DEANTSC you are up. Try putting in your draft pick and let us know what happen if you can't. I hope we can get this started up again or we start a new draft. :x
raiders91sc

Postby Stoney18 » Thu Jul 27, 2006 9:11 am

LM, you keep using me as an example :oops: and I believe you mean Smokey. All my picks have been proxies.

I agree with you about skipping people on multiple picks. At that point in time they would probably bail.

I've been in drafts with Smokey & Warrior so hopefully it's a temporary thing.
Stoney18

Postby LMBombers » Thu Jul 27, 2006 9:36 am

Stoney I apologize :oops: You are right, I was meaning Smokey.

What are we to do? I think we need to hear from everyone on what they suggest. I don't want 1 or 2 people making a decision for the entire league.
LMBombers

Postby spicki17 » Thu Jul 27, 2006 9:52 am

someone PM teepack and ask what to do.
spicki17

Postby FRANKZAHN » Thu Jul 27, 2006 9:57 am

It is my opinion that we should wait to see what happens today.

I would like to get an explanantion from Smokey and Warrior regarding their absence from the draft. If they are unable to continue, obviously we need to start over with new participants. If they do not provide a satisfactory explanation and continue to delay the draft, we also replace them and start over.

Who is to say that we would not have the same problems if we start with replacement managers. This is one of the obvious shortcomings of the live draft format. This league is not due to start until August 6 any way so we have time to wait.
FRANKZAHN

Postby LMBombers » Thu Jul 27, 2006 10:09 am

[quote:bb74946036="fjzahn"]This league is not due to start until August 6 any way so we have time to wait.[/quote:bb74946036]

I will wait it out if that is what we decide but the above is not a valid reason to wait. It is not like Warrior & Smokey will start picking quicker just because we get closer to that date.

We can start the league as soon as we finish the draft, whenever that is.
LMBombers

Postby FRANKZAHN » Thu Jul 27, 2006 10:23 am

Your right LM, waiting will not make them start picking quicker. They are both due up again in a few picks. Assuming we get past the current delay, if we get delayed again on their next picks, I say start all over with someone else.

I repeat I would like for them to explain the delay. They could a least set their proxies.
FRANKZAHN

Postby raiders91sc » Thu Jul 27, 2006 10:27 am

Now we have a third guy holding us up. Dean can pick at any time now. Guys need to post and let us know what the issue is. We are only hearing from three to four people. We need to hear from everyone. A great idea is give us your phone # and the LC will call you when your pick is up and make your pick for you. I would have no issues doing the calling and making the picks.
raiders91sc

PreviousNext

Return to --- Player's Championship