Summer - Winter Keeper League - SEASON 30

Moderator: Palmtana

• Author

jflatour99

Re: Summer - Winter Keeper League

PostSun Jun 27, 2021 6:19 pm

Something that will need to think about for this league, with the MLB draft now in July, instead of June, this league allows prospects who are signed prior to our draft to be available, but with our draft ~July 1, this would make any player drafted in MLB draft this year ineligible. I can see a couple different refinements to account for this or keep as is.

1. Leave as is and prospect pool very thin this year
2. Move prospect draft to Aug 1st (or some other date, but keep FA draft July 1st, is this adequate time for teams to sign draft picks?)
3. Remove all restrictions to prospect pool
4. ????

1. jflatour99 - 2
2. willmurr24 - 3
3. ironwill1 - 2
4. JMP1 - 1
5. lakeviewdave - 3
6. ironwill1 - 2
7. oldmansmith2 - 2
8. kihoover - 2
9. tcochran - 2

Options 1 and 3 can no longer get the required 8 votes to be approved. Anybody care to switch to option 2?

Denorien

PostSun Jun 27, 2021 6:28 pm

Something that will need to think about for this league, with the MLB draft now in July, instead of June, this league allows prospects who are signed prior to our draft to be available, but with our draft ~July 1, this would make any player drafted in MLB draft this year ineligible. I can see a couple different refinements to account for this or keep as is.

2. Move prospect draft to Aug 1st (or some other date, but keep FA draft July 1st, is this adequate time for teams to sign draft picks?)
4. ????

1. jflatour99 - 2
2. willmurr24 - 3
3. ironwill1 - 2
4. JMP1 - 1
5. lakeviewdave - 3
6. ironwill1 - 2
7. oldmansmith2 - 2
8. kihoover - 2
9. tcochran - 2
10 denorien - 2

Options 1 and 3 can no longer get the required 8 votes to be approved. Anybody care to switch to option 2?

Denorien

PostSun Jun 27, 2021 6:31 pm

Prospect rules include:

3) Owners control the rights of their prospects for no longer than 2 years. At the end of 2 years (from time of draft) a prospect must either be promoted to the MLB roster or released.

Question from ironwill1: "Some of the keeper leagues I am in have allowed the GMs to hold needing to promote minor leaguers for this year since their was no season for the players. Are we going to have that same courtesy in this league?"

Shall we forego the requirement about promoting the minor leaguers this year? (i.e., make it optional?)
1. ironwill1 - YES
2. jflatour99 - YES (sorry, didn't understood at first)
3. Lakeviewdave - YES
4. Oldmansmith2 - YES
5. willmurr24 - YES
6. tcochran - NO
7. denorien - YES

lakeviewdave

PostSun Jun 27, 2021 6:58 pm

4. ????

1. jflatour99 - 2
2. willmurr24 - 3
3. ironwill1 - 2
4. JMP1 - 1
5. lakeviewdave - 2
6. ironwill1 - 2
7. oldmansmith2 - 2
8. kihoover - 2
9. tcochran - 2
10 denorien - 2

To make things easier perhaps, move prospect draft to after season 1? No preference to me, Aug 1st may not be enough time to sign prospects. I guess it depends on what the intent of timing of the prospect draft. I would have to look to see when the prospect draft actually started last year, likely mid July, after FA draft completed, so Aug 1st probably not long enough to sign drafted prospects, thus option to move after Season 1?

I looked July 14th last year for prospect draft, so would probably need at least to Aug 14 at a minimum given MLB draft was pushed out a month.

tcochran

PostSun Jun 27, 2021 7:38 pm

OK, so we have 8 votes to delay the start of the prospect draft.

Unless there are objections, I will plan on starting the prospect draft on August 14.

jflatour99

PostMon Jun 28, 2021 1:30 pm

Drops done: (still missing 5)

1. knight1 -
2. Oldmansmith2 -
3. tcochran - YES
4. damien666 - YES
5. kihoover - YES
6. ironwill1 -
7. tpiercersn -
8. willmurr24 -
9. JMP1 - YES
10. Denorien - YES
11. jflatour99 - YES
12. lakeviewdave - YES

oldmansmith2

PostMon Jun 28, 2021 6:01 pm

jflatour99 wrote:Drops done: (still missing 5)

1. knight1 -
2. Oldmansmith2 -
3. tcochran - YES
4. damien666 - YES
5. kihoover - YES
6. ironwill1 -
7. tpiercersn -
8. willmurr24 -
9. JMP1 - YES
10. Denorien - YES
11. jflatour99 - YES
12. lakeviewdave - YES

Don't we need to get the rest of the votes in on whether the 2018 prospects are getting an extra year or not because of covid non season before having to be promoted ?

tcochran

PostMon Jun 28, 2021 6:19 pm

oldmansmith2 wrote:
jflatour99 wrote:Drops done: (still missing 5)

1. knight1 -
2. Oldmansmith2 -
3. tcochran - YES
4. damien666 - YES
5. kihoover - YES
6. ironwill1 -
7. tpiercersn -
8. willmurr24 -
9. JMP1 - YES
10. Denorien - YES
11. jflatour99 - YES
12. lakeviewdave - YES

Don't we need to get the rest of the votes in on whether the 2018 prospects are getting an extra year or not because of covid non season before having to be promoted ?

Vote needs to be completed before rosters are finalized, yes.

On the other hand, if we do not have 8 YES votes for the change by July 5, the starting date of the draft, then the current rule stays in force.

lakeviewdave

PostMon Jun 28, 2021 6:43 pm

Prospect rules include:

3) Owners control the rights of their prospects for no longer than 2 years. At the end of 2 years (from time of draft) a prospect must either be promoted to the MLB roster or released.

Question from ironwill1: "Some of the keeper leagues I am in have allowed the GMs to hold needing to promote minor leaguers for this year since their was no season for the players. Are we going to have that same courtesy in this league?"

Shall we forego the requirement about promoting the minor leaguers this year? (i.e., make it optional?)
1. ironwill1 - YES
3. Lakeviewdave - YES
4. Oldmansmith2 - YES
5. willmurr24 - YES
6. tcochran - NO

6 managers to vote still on this topic

Denorien

PostMon Jun 28, 2021 7:51 pm

Prospect rules include:

1. ironwill1 - YES
3. Lakeviewdave - YES
4. Oldmansmith2 - YES
5. willmurr24 - YES
6. tcochran - NO
7. denorien - YES

5 managers to vote still on this topic
PreviousNext

Return to Individual League Chat