Captain Obvious League

Moderator: Palmtana

• Author

chasenally

Captain Obvious League

PostSun Feb 22, 2015 2:20 am

Thank you for excepting our invite as KEVINEHLE and I were looking for the Managers that were more the Fire Hydrant than the dog. We researched all those that we knew and tried as hard as we could to come up with the bottom of the barrel and that is you wise guys.

Akindian, edub1969, Frank M, gbrookes, jeepdriver, LMBombers, ninersphan, splinter, terry101 and Visick.

Kevin and I will keep track of the scoring and post it in the Chat room or the Inbox game site. Probably the next day before games start.

Scoring will only count when you play the other Captains team.

Here is how the scoring will work.

You Suck for not picking me sooner team. (If you are the last 2 picks that is you and you will be in the West with us.)
Win 5 pts

All other wins
Win 3 pts

Bonus points
Sweep 5 pts
No Hitter (1) pitcher 5 pts
Batter 3 or more HR's (1) game 3 pts
Shutout (1) pitcher 3 pts
10 or more SO (1) pitcher 1 pt
4 hits (1) batter 1 pt
Score 10 or more runs (winning team) 1 pt

If you would like to help out and let us know you bonus scores that would help us.

This game is for Captains scores. This League will end at the end of the season and no points rewarded for post season play.

We will start this league in about 2 weeks after the start of the new cards so everyone can work on their Keeper Leagues and get other teams going.

We thank you for joining this League and look forward to seeing if Frank even gets picked!

Mike
The msaegse is waht mttares msot!

the splinter

Re: Captain Obvious League

PostSun Feb 22, 2015 9:46 am

KEVINEHLE

PostSun Feb 22, 2015 11:31 am

the splinter wrote:Franks team jersey

http://maryloukayser.com/wp-content/upl ... -class.jpg

This is why I'm one of the captains and why Frank was invited.......so I won't be the last one picked!! :lol:

chasenally

PostTue Mar 03, 2015 1:31 am

Kevin and I will start picking our teams on Tuesday. Kevin has given me the first pick because he told me that none of you are worth a 1st pick. Obviously that was a smart move by him. This draft will drag on for 3 or 4 days so that you can

1. Build a case why you should be picked next.
2. Tell us why you shouldn't be picked next.
3. Let us know why we made a bad pick.
4. Give odds on Frank getting picked last.
5. Tell us why we made a bad pick.
6. Why the heck did you pick that guy!
7. Who has made the best picks.
8. Anything you would like to add to the draft is good with us.

Here are the draft choices:
LMBombers, Frank, Visick, Splinter, Akindian, Edub, Terry, Gbrookes, Ninersphan, Jeep

This should be a fun draft and all that want to "help us draft" even if you are not in this league can and should comment on this thread.

It's crap talking time and bring it on!

Mike and Kevin

I will pick Tuesday around 9EST and start this thing off.
The msaegse is waht mttares msot!

george barnard

PostTue Mar 03, 2015 9:06 am

Sorry to come in from the outside, but given the motley cast of characters that you have brought together, I couldn't resist. All I can say is, "Bring on Manimal"!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6iQ-mzYRl3s

Who will be your Manimal? And what more hideous creature than they already are, will they morph into? I can hardly wait :roll:

Bill

KEVINEHLE

PostTue Mar 03, 2015 11:16 am

george barnard wrote:Sorry to come in from the outside, but given the motley cast of characters that you have brought together, I couldn't resist. All I can say is, "Bring on Manimal"!

Who will be your Manimal? And what more hideous creature than they already are, will they morph into? I can hardly wait :roll:

Bill

Maybe we can invite George and start the 1st 13-team SOM league. ;)
Can't wait to do our sandlot picks. I'm headed to the airport right now, but we will start our actual human draft later today.

Ninersphan

PostTue Mar 03, 2015 12:07 pm

KEVINEHLE wrote:
george barnard wrote:Sorry to come in from the outside, but given the motley cast of characters that you have brought together, I couldn't resist. All I can say is, "Bring on Manimal"!

Bill

Can't wait to do our sandlot picks. I'm headed to the airport right now, but we will start our actual human draft later today.

We are waiting 2 weeks before we need to put teams together right??

george barnard

PostTue Mar 03, 2015 12:23 pm

I'm up for that. :D

Return to Individual League Chat