NLD 65 - The Big Maple Takes the Mound

Moderator: Palmtana

• Author

joethejet

Re: NLD 65 - The Big Maple Takes the Mound

PostMon May 20, 2024 12:58 am

I neglected to talk about how the ratings see the divisional races

East
Big A would be the favorite, but Miller is close enough to make it a 2 team race. KLX and Dale the ratings predict to be also-rans.

Central
Semper is the definite favorite. Randal and Jeep are about the same, but the ratings would consider them outside shots. Hawk would be on the outside looking in.

West
Toughest division in terms of ratings which would predict a JTJ/Stoney battle. That said, the other two teams are close enough to be considered contenders for at least the WC, if not the division.

The reality?

East
Three team race with KLX and Miller at the top, but Big A only 1 back. Dale has a six game hill to climb over 3 teams. KLX and Big A have the best divisional records. One of the top two teams is also the current WC team. Only Big A has a positive run dif.

Central
Another three team race, maybe even a four team race with Hawk only 5 back and the division's best run dif. The team with the worst run dif, and the only one negative, is in first. :shock: Semper has the best div record.

West
Stoney's bad luck has made this, currently, a one team race. that said, JTJ is only +2 v the division while Spider is +8.

Biggest surprise by the ratings is that the West, outside of JTJ is sub .500 to the rest of the league. Interestingly, only 3 teams are over .500 outside of their division. Weird.

joethejet

PostMon May 20, 2024 6:33 pm

Jeez, not a single comment????? :cry:

milleram

PostMon May 20, 2024 6:50 pm

Nothing much to argue with as far as I see it--After checking out teams pre-season I thought you had the best one on paper.

The only comment I have is after dumping Acuna my team has a good bit better record or more likely just better luck--it makes no sense to me, but I always have issues with high power years in general.

Spider 67

PostTue May 21, 2024 8:44 am

I've been very frustrated with this team. Going in, I thought we had a decent shot at the playoffs. After a blazing start, injuries put us in a tailspin, but we never recovered - even after the injuries slowed. While I always overrate my team on paper, the ratings seem about right.

I still keep hoping we can pull back to the middle of the pack - but that may just be another dream.

As usual, the ratings are one of the enjoyable things about NLD. Thanks.

Stoney18

PostTue May 21, 2024 11:44 am

Tough team for me. Tried for my normal - good pitching, high BA, high TB (doubles) type of team and thought I had a better than .500 team. Spent 2nd most on pitching and despite the discrepancy in rolls they did ok. Really needed them to dominate more. Didn't expect to be at the bottom in runs scored but when you're last in OB that will do it.

Still working on that first pick in the next draft.

joethejet

PostTue May 21, 2024 2:13 pm

Hey Milleram,

interesting that you had my squad the best team. Did you also have Stoney towards the top?

Spider - ratings would say that you're better than you've played.

Stones - Seems like one of the best rated teams to be in the running for the #1 pick to me!

milleram

PostTue May 21, 2024 2:47 pm

I normally don't do much scouting out of division pre-season--but I do take a glance at all the teams at least once---I just liked the look and balance of JTJs team this time around, especially the pitching. AS far as the other two divisions I liked Randall and KLX (if KLX avoided a lot of long injuries with his injury team) but thought JTJs was best overall.

I knew my team had some in-division match-up problems after the draft, but not a lot I could see to do in waivers, the guys I needed were all taken. Frankly I don't know how my team has done as well as it has. I have won the one-runners and lost the blowouts for the most part so that's just getting lucky.

joethejet

PostThu May 23, 2024 1:49 am

Ok guys, I promise you this is not a game you see often.

We win 13-10 in 15 innings, but check and see what happened in the 14th!

https://onlinegames.strat-o-matic.com/game/469501/839

Spider 67

PostThu May 23, 2024 10:27 am

joethejet wrote:Ok guys, I promise you this is not a game you see often.

I don't want to talk about it! :evil:

joethejet

PostThu May 23, 2024 9:45 pm

Spider 67 wrote:
joethejet wrote:Ok guys, I promise you this is not a game you see often.

I don't want to talk about it! :evil:

I mean, shoot, I scored five runs and that didn't end the game! Pretty incredible that your team sent it to 15. I know you want to get a win, but that's a crazy game.
PreviousNext

Return to Individual League Chat