FAST 6 XXXIV CHAT

Moderator: Palmtana

• Author

Simon31

FAST 6 XXXIV CHAT

PostSat Oct 05, 2013 7:51 pm

I have to apologive for my seeming lack of interest in this game. I started to write down everything going on in real life but it got much too long. Without going into that much detail, I'll try and condense as best I can. Old house was sold so fast we didn't have time to go through what to keep and what not to so everything was packed up and brought over to the new house. 23 years worth of stuff to now go through. Wife broke her ankle but good on vacation just as we moved into a quad level. Nice timing eh? Brand spanking new boss and I mean brand new as NEVER been a manager before, so she came in like gangbusters looking to change the world. Pissed everyone off and still continues to do so. Insisted on all of us making the new computer generated numbers the Fedex program said we should be making. I get up at 5 and frequently don't get home until 7:30 at which point I have to make dinner for my wife, laundry, help her do whatever else needs to be done. Then, I have a bi-polar daughter who refuses to take her meds or keep any Dr.s appointments because she's no longer a minor and I can't make or convince her to go. It seems every day there is some new drama with her. Frankly, I'm tired! I come home some nights and just fall asleep until I have to get up again. Thats why I've had such a hard time keeping track of the Strat world. I was on the phone with Jon (Muadib) for at least an hour and a 1/2 the other night. I know he feels really bad about the situation with Kevin and I needed to address this long before now. I'm hoping I can convince Kevn to stay in the league. I don't think anybody has a problem with the way PJ puts his team together and Jon didn't know I was in contact with Kev the last league, while he was at work, getting draft picks from him. So Kev did get his 6 premium players he just couldn't participate in the frenzy. Sorry for going on but I just felt I needed to explain I have a lot on my plate right now and as much as I want to, I'm having trouble finding the time to keep up. I'll be 57 the 26th. I'm starting to feel older than that about now! Hang in there fellas! I appreciate your patience believe me! -David :)

Muadib1950

My Bipolar Sister ...

PostSun Oct 06, 2013 12:19 am

Dave: One of my Sisters is bipolar too, and my Brother literally had to save her life more than once due to some shit she'd get herself in -- usually in the depressive side of the manic-depressive roller coaster.

My contribution was to convince her that bipolar is nothing to be ashamed of. It is just like being a diabetic who MUST take insulin. Try telling her something like that ... or consult WebMD for some guidance.

If she refuses to take her lithium or whatever her doctor has prescribed, then eventually someone -- whether it be you as her friend and father, or a complete stranger -- is definitely going to have her committed, or someone will badly injure her in a conflict, or she will badly injure someone. Try to convince her its only a matter of time. My brother & a couple of my sister's friends went thru a lot of hell before she finally accepted her medication as a diabetic's insulin. Pride may get in the way too. Did for her.

But she's happily married now with a high school sweetheart she reconnected with in her late 50's, and she, my brother and I all love and adore one another after a period of some real wariness -- go figure!! Make sure your daughter knows she is NOT TRAPPED -- there are solutions. Will see if either or both of them will talk with you and your family.

-- Jon

Simon31

Re: FAST 6 XXXIV CHAT

PostSun Oct 06, 2013 7:48 pm

Thanks for the advice Jon. She has to want help and right now is very resitant to anything we try and do for her. Hopefully we can getthat to change. We won't stop trying but it is very frustrating! Right now I'm waiting for a response from PJ but the league will be 105 mil, advance, WITH DH and 5/10/20 on the drops!

Simon31

PostMon Oct 07, 2013 7:40 pm

Okey doke! Kev (PJMB) will be sticking with the league! Excellent! Let me go back and see what dates look good for everyone! I'll be back! 8-)

Private Jet Mama's Boys

PostMon Oct 07, 2013 11:01 pm

Damn Dave :shock: ....and I thought I had it tough. I'll take my week over yours any day ;) . Got about a billion tons of snow dumped on us....had to cover EVERYBODY'S shift at work(almost nobody made it to work). 3 days...50 hours work...11 hours sleep. On the up side, got to chew some ass that was ABOVE ME on the food chain.....hope I got away with it :mrgreen: ....jury's still out.

Hang in there David. I can relate a little to your troubles. I too work for as***es who are slaves to the computer. Zero common sense :roll:

I'm good to go any night....provided no more storms roll in.

deepdrive

PostTue Oct 08, 2013 10:00 am

If you need any help Kevin, I can do proxies for you. :D 8-)

Private Jet Mama's Boys

PostTue Oct 08, 2013 1:44 pm

Thank you Bill.

Simon31

PostWed Oct 09, 2013 9:52 pm

I didn't see any response from PJK. Is anybody in a league with him?

Simon31

PostThu Oct 10, 2013 7:38 pm

Right now we have no internet at the house. I'm at McDonalds enjoying their free WiFi! :)
They said possibly by Sunday they could have somebody come out and try to get us up and running. If anybody knows how to get ahold of PJK, please inform him to check in on this thread. I'll be back! -David

PJK

PostFri Oct 11, 2013 4:08 pm

PJK lives. sorry guys. Joe had to come and give me a gentle kick [thanks joe]. the bottom line is YES, i'm on board for the next go 'round. after all, i've taken my turns at 11th and 12th; so why stop now! FYI 57 is not a bad age (at least so far) with the exception of the continued deterioration in my ability to recall information from memory in a timely manner --- with the exception of 60's and 70's sports stats of course!. to all those in the state of "life happens", all the best. i don't travel 'til november 14th or so, so i should be available to draft almost any evening over the next few weeks. many thanks. PJK
Next

Return to Individual League Chat