10. Worley Vance SP

Prospect Promotions

1. Sanchez Aaron RP
2. Santana Danny SS
3. Springer George OF

Prospect Drop

Zimmer Kyle SP

40 -10 + 3 = 33 (7 picks)

You have to cut 3 more, we have to be at 30 prior to the start of the draft.

Ninersphan

Re: GMKL 2015 Draft Order and Drops Thread

PostSat Feb 28, 2015 1:19 pm

Apparently I have the rules wrong in this league. Palmtana's cuts stand, you only need cut to 30 then you make promotions taking away from you picks. I believe qksilvers cuts are the ky ones that might be effected at this point he may edit them as he wishes.

PleAse ignore my minimum cuts post above I'll edit it later don't have the time right now.

I WILL be petitioning the league to change this rule for next year once the draft has ended and things settled down. I believe the way it is now allows for to much hoarding of talent and makes it to difficult for lower teams to contend. I also believe it serves to water down the spring draft.

KEVINEHLE

PostSat Feb 28, 2015 1:22 pm

DROPS:
Butler Billy 1B
Dominguez Matt 3B
Gonzalez Miguel RP
Hunter Tommy RP
Lowrie Jed SS
Medlen Kris RP
Peralta Joel RP
Rutledge Josh IF
Wilson C.J. SP
Young Chris SP

PROSPECT DROPS:
Lake Junior OF
Albers Andrew SP

Keep: Great American Ballpark

40-10 = 30 - 10 Picks

Cubit

PostSun Mar 01, 2015 1:28 am

8-) I was about to cut 15 and promote 5, but I guess that is not what we can do here. I'll wait to see what transpires.

I thought these were the RULES:

Annual Spring Free Agent drafts:
1) A 15 round non-serpentine free agent draft will be held each year after the new set has been released. Draft order is determined by cumulative
win/loss records from the previous season.
2) All owners must drop enough players to bring their rosters to a maximum of 30 players allowing for 10 draft picks; Owners can drop more players, to allow for picks into the 15th round and/or to allow for prospects to be promoted from the prospect roster. It would be possible to cut up to 25 players in this scenario. However no team will allowed to draft past the 15th round, with one exception. In the event a trade occurs during the draft that is unbalanced that would leave a team with less than 40 players at the end of their predetermined last round, that player would be awarded a Supplemental draft pick at the end of the draft to bring their roster to 40. If this happens with multiple teams, the draft order would follow the same order as earlier rounds.
An owner may drop more than 15 if there are enough prospect promotions to bring the active roster to no less than 25 players

Ninersphan

PostSun Mar 01, 2015 9:28 am

Cubit wrote:8-) I was about to cut 15 and promote 5, but I guess that is not what we can do here. I'll wait to see what transpires.

I thought these were the RULES:

Annual Spring Free Agent drafts:
1) A 15 round non-serpentine free agent draft will be held each year after the new set has been released. Draft order is determined by cumulative
win/loss records from the previous season.
2) All owners must drop enough players to bring their rosters to a maximum of 30 players allowing for 10 draft picks; Owners can drop more players, to allow for picks into the 15th round and/or to allow for prospects to be promoted from the prospect roster. It would be possible to cut up to 25 players in this scenario. However no team will allowed to draft past the 15th round, with one exception. In the event a trade occurs during the draft that is unbalanced that would leave a team with less than 40 players at the end of their predetermined last round, that player would be awarded a Supplemental draft pick at the end of the draft to bring their roster to 40. If this happens with multiple teams, the draft order would follow the same order as earlier rounds.
An owner may drop more than 15 if there are enough prospect promotions to bring the active roster to no less than 25 players

What makes you think we can't do that??? I don't understand your confusion???

the ghost of roger maris

PostSun Mar 01, 2015 10:09 am

2) Prospects are not counted as part of the 40 man roster while they maintain their prospect status.
3) Owners control the rights of their prospects for no longer than 2 years. At the end of 2 years (from time of draft) a prospect must either be promoted to
the MLB roster or released.
4) Prospects can be traded, but the 2 year timeline remains constant for each prospect. Prospects moving from one team to another must be promoted or
released when the original 2 year cycle has been reached.
5) Prospects can be promoted to the major league roster at any time, provided there is roster space available. Once promoted all prospects lose their \prospect status, and cannot be demoted back to prospect status.

If they have less than 2 years don't promote them until after the draft and then cut players to make room which effectively means those cut are of no use to anyone. Making 9ers choice of not drafting them nicer

If they are at 2 years they become part of the 30 thus forcing said owner to release more players into the free agent pool.
vivan Correcaminos! Andale! Andale!

Cubit

PostSun Mar 01, 2015 10:48 am

Thank you both for helping me sort out the rules-- they are clear and seemed so to me, but I was thrown off a bit by your earlier post Niners, especially the bit about a future rules change, but I thank GoRM for directing my eye to the Prospect part of the rule and the "5) Prospects can be promoted to the major league roster at any time, provided there is roster space available. Once promoted all prospects lose their \prospect status, and cannot be demoted back to prospect status."

I will be promoting Jose Abreu and probably Mookie Betts, but since both are 2014 prospects, I need not do that until after the Draft I now understand.

Thank you both for helping. And a special nod to Ninesrphan for his patience.
Last edited by Cubit on Sun Mar 01, 2015 11:18 am, edited 1 time in total.

Cubit

PostSun Mar 01, 2015 11:16 am

ROSTER CUTS
1. Bradley Archie SP
2. Brothers Rex RP
3. Corbin Patrick SP
4. Ellis AJ C
5. Liriano Francisco SP
6. Lopez Javier RP
7. Middlebrooks Will 3B
8. Ross Cody OF
9. Singleton Jonathan 1B
10. Sogard Eric INF
11. Soriano Alfonso OF
12. Straily Dan P
13. Webster Alan SP

PROSPECT PROMOTIONS
1. Sanchez Gary C
2. Almora Albert OF
3. Wong Kolten 2B

40-13+3=30 10 picks

Ninersphan

PostSun Mar 01, 2015 11:55 am

Cubit wrote:Thank you both for helping me sort out the rules-- they are clear and seemed so to me, but I was thrown off a bit by your earlier post Niners, especially the bit about a future rules change, but I thank GoRM for directing my eye to the Prospect part of the rule and the "5) Prospects can be promoted to the major league roster at any time, provided there is roster space available. Once promoted all prospects lose their \prospect status, and cannot be demoted back to prospect status."

I will be promoting Jose Abreu and probably Mookie Betts, but since both are 2014 prospects, I need not do that until after the Draft I now understand.

Thank you both for helping. And a special nod to Ninesrphan for his patience.

Okay, First let me apologize for the briefness of my answer earlier this morning, I was on my way out the door and thought it was a simple answer, I was WRONG.

Here's the issue, earlier this year I changed to rules to read as they currently do, which is reflective of how I'd like them to be, that is in essence that after your cuts and all promotions of prospects your roster will stand at 30 prior to the draft. However after I created the cuts thread and people started posting, palmtana (Bob) posted his cuts and I told him they were in error, via email, in that, he didn't have enough cuts listed to cover his prospect promotions because his pre-draft roster would be at MORE than 30. He then sent me back an e-mail I sent him from last years draft covering this very topic, where I had researched the rules and found the 30 prior to the draft was NOT actually the case.

In fact, the way the rules were originally, you have to cut to 30, then make your promotions which take away draft picks. ( If you are in Unleashed it works that way there to, but we cut to 25). So palmtana's cuts are correct, he cuts to 30, promotes 3 and has seven draft picks. Which lead to my post about ignoring minimum cuts. Basically everyone has to cut to 30, (you can cut more if you want) then you promote prospects taking away draft picks from the end of the draft forward. ( which could mean problems if you traded away late picks)

I want to change this for next year because I believe it is unfair to teams that are lacking talent and makes it harder for them to become competitive, I also think it weakens the free agent draft pool every year. So I will be proposing to change the rule to the way it's actually written in your current spreadsheet after the draft. It is a change, and does require a vote, which is not what I thought originally. It also avoids the situation of having to cut extra players to cover a traded late round (9th or 10th or higher) picks. ( Trust me it does, it's complicated and if anyone wants me to explain it I will, but it will make this post even longer that in is). This is what prompted my post after Palmtana's cuts.

That brings us to Cubit's (Ted's) confusion with the rules.

However, he's also made another erroneous assumption, based on GHOST of RM"s post which is completely wrong. ( Sorry Ghost) Ted I don't see how you think you will be able to promote your 2014 prospects ( Abreu and Betts) after the draft, when after the draft your roster will be at a full 40 and you won't have the space. If you want them for the upcoming season you need to promote them NOW, PRIOR TO THE DRAFT when your roster is under 40. You DO NOT need to add any more cuts, you simply lose the draft picks.

The one thing you can't do is get to round 9 in the draft and decide you want to promote the prospects and not make the picks, or worse, make the picks then decide you want to promote the prospects and cut 2 guys. THAT IS NOT ALLOWED.

In short, if you want to promote Abreu and Betts for the upcoming season, and given their cards I can't see why you wouldn't, you need to indicated that with your cuts.

You also need to indicate if you are keep your stadium or dropping it

Ninersphan

PostSun Mar 01, 2015 12:06 pm

the ghost of roger maris wrote:2) Prospects are not counted as part of the 40 man roster while they maintain their prospect status.
3) Owners control the rights of their prospects for no longer than 2 years. At the end of 2 years (from time of draft) a prospect must either be promoted to
the MLB roster or released.
4) Prospects can be traded, but the 2 year timeline remains constant for each prospect. Prospects moving from one team to another must be promoted or
released when the original 2 year cycle has been reached.
5) Prospects can be promoted to the major league roster at any time, provided there is roster space available. Once promoted all prospects lose their \prospect status, and cannot be demoted back to prospect status.

If they have less than 2 years don't promote them until after the draft and then cut players to make room which effectively means those cut are of no use to anyone. Making 9ers choice of not drafting them nicer

If they are at 2 years they become part of the 30 thus forcing said owner to release more players into the free agent pool.

This is totally wrong, the ONLY time your are allowed to cut players is for a draft or in the case of an unbalanced trade where you gain less players than you receive. For more, see above.
PreviousNext

Return to Individual League Chat