D2D trash talk and draft comments thread

Moderator: Palmtana

• Author

ycbill

Re: D2D trash talk and draft comments thread

PostSun Feb 07, 2016 4:07 pm

fredpaii wrote:How about if we don't want to pick when we're up, we don't have to pick (in regards to the 1st round of prospect draft). And no skipping of course.

I am looking forward to that policy when applied to the regular draft. ZZZZZ.......

As a newcomer to keeper leagues and prospects, I would favor delaying the prospect draft to allow more research and entrail divination time.

buzz082308

PostSun Feb 07, 2016 4:14 pm

I now have 73 players, of the remaining players, that I would be interested in picking. That should take me through the forth round I think. I'll get my prospect list ready.

FALCON29

PostSun Feb 07, 2016 4:15 pm

So who knows this guy? Where's the time limit when you need it? Twenty hours and counting...

Paul_Long71

PostSun Feb 07, 2016 4:24 pm

after my trade yesterday, I had to wait for Mossy, then I am up again....then off for 73 picks. figured at least 10-20 would be picked yesterday afternoon/evening and today (after yesterday's good pace)....damn

lev.cohen

PostSun Feb 07, 2016 4:26 pm

Yeah this is a major bummer. Guess we just wait until the time limit starts tomorrow, although at this point I'd really be in favor of just skipping the guy. At some point, enough is enough.

fredpaii

PostSun Feb 07, 2016 4:39 pm

Here's the thing I worry about in regards to hkmossy's team...Going by his limited history with us (latest person giving Ghost his email, latest person in the first round by at least three hours, and now this 20-hour wait) I can't say I'm optimistic about him making his slotted time for his pick tomorrow morning. What happens if/when he misses his pick? Well, it's only my opinion but I believe this early in the draft if you miss picks - and have to make a late pick after several players are off the board - that strongly reduces the potential strength of your team. Yes? And who's going to want take over a team that has several missed early picks where it's pretty obvious that make-up picks have been made?

You could say I'm jumping the gun I suppose, after all nothing has been timed yet, but thus far I'm not full of confidence that things will be any different starting Monday. Anyone?

Michael Grammes

PostSun Feb 07, 2016 5:06 pm

I sorta agree with Paul on this.

I think that right around the stadium draft, our teams will be mostly set starter wise anyhoo. If we start the prospect draft then, I think we will all know who or what position we may want to target. I vote wait, unless there is a huge uprising that says do it now..

MG

FALCON29

PostSun Feb 07, 2016 5:15 pm

Michael Grammes wrote:I sorta agree with Paul on this.

I think that right around the stadium draft, our teams will be mostly set starter wise anyhoo. If we start the prospect draft then, I think we will all know who or what position we may want to target. I vote wait, unless there is a huge uprising that says do it now..

MG

I have absolutely zero interest in doing a prospect draft now. Although many won't care to admit it, SOM isn't the only thing going on in our lives. And this isn't the only SOM team I have on the go.
If there's a large faction that wants to do it now, you'll probably be just skipping me and I'll pick when everyone else is done.

Terry101

PostSun Feb 07, 2016 5:30 pm

If someone knows hkmossy he should get in contact with him. Maybe hk is in a league with someone here. Having said that I know he is a veteran player- maybe something happened, but we should have a plan.

FALCON29

PostSun Feb 07, 2016 5:32 pm

Terry101 wrote:If someone knows hkmossy he should get in contact with him. Maybe hk is in a league with someone here. Having said that I know he is a veteran player- maybe something happened, but we should have a plan.

I agree. With or without a time limit we can't just start up until we know what's happening. If we need to find a replacement we're going to have to give them some time to get up to speed or nobody will join under those circumstances.
PreviousNext

Return to Individual League Chat