NLD 66 - Popeye Eats His Spinach

Moderator: Palmtana

• Author

stevep107

Re: NLD 66 - Popeye Eats His Spinach

PostWed Aug 07, 2024 6:38 pm

Joe:

If you are suggesting that my team has had above average luck, you are dreaming in technicolor.

My run differential is 0 and yet I am 7 games below .500.

My team ERA should be at least 1/2 run lower than it is. And several of my LH power hitters have under-performed.

Cheers,
SteveP

RandyW64

PostWed Aug 07, 2024 6:49 pm

stevep107 wrote:Joe:

If you are suggesting that my team has had above average luck, you are dreaming in technicolor.

My team ERA should be at least 1/2 run lower than it is. And several of my LH power hitters have under-performed.

Cheers,
SteveP

But Steve - if your team wouldn't have had above average luck, just think how bad it could be? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Also, of note: Jeep's team is not only the BEST rated team, but then they are 2nd luckiest? No wonder he leads his division by 70 games!

joethejet

PostThu Aug 08, 2024 1:25 am

stevep107 wrote:Joe:

Cheers,
SteveP

Well, it's true you've had bad luck in bpsi and one run games, to the tune of -3, BUT you've been +20% in bphrs which is HUGE. That's a plus 2.5 which leads us to a -.05. You could argue that that's a -1, but a 20% margin on bphrs is big. Obviously, it depends on when those are hit. Then again, you're also +.08% on rolling on your card which is close to another positive point. The overall ratings have you in the bottom third of the league so.... I guess I would say that, yes, you've had bad luck in one run games, but not sure you've been unlucky overall, your O is slightly low, but your pitching/d is a little high.

Oh, I forgot to post the Fielding.

There are some bigger dis than usual here, but it's still pretty close for the most part.

Code: Select all
Fieldng   FRt   Rtg   F%   Dif   
BigAlrc   198   1   2   -1   W
Stoney.   218   1   1   0   E
Dale...   318   3   6   -3   E
Randal.   386   4   5   -1   W
JoeTJet   421   5   6   -1   W
Spider.   436   5   3   2   E
Gilbo...   457   6   4   2   E
stevep.   580   9   8   1   C
KLX....   634   10   8   2   W
SemperG   740   11   9   2   C
Jeep...   829   12   11   1   C
Millerm   834   12   10   2   C

RandyW64

PostThu Aug 08, 2024 4:08 pm

As anticipated, I have a run of the mill team. Playing mediocre, getting some luck and rolls, then not.
Also as anticipated, Jeep swept me last night in true juggernaut fashion! My team played well enough to lose -- all three!

Looking at the standings, and it seems there are still NINE legit contenders for playoff spots, so a lot of battles still to be had! I am counting Stoney and Jeep as "legit contenders" but again -- there is not much contention there I guess, except who gets to play the WC team.

Good luck to everyone down the stretch!

Randy

joethejet

PostSat Aug 10, 2024 1:50 pm

Well we lost Smith for 15 before we cut him and picked up Naylor who is now down for 10. :( :cry:

Just one of those teams I guess.

klx22

PostMon Aug 12, 2024 6:06 am

every time my team gives me some false hope, it goes right back to sucking!

joethejet

PostMon Aug 12, 2024 3:36 pm

klx22 wrote:every time my team gives me some false hope, it goes right back to sucking!

Huh, here's a good question, is it better to just suck all season (like us) or have hope off and on????

RandyW64

PostMon Aug 12, 2024 6:26 pm

joethejet wrote:
klx22 wrote:every time my team gives me some false hope, it goes right back to sucking!

Huh, here's a good question, is it better to just suck all season (like us) or have hope off and on????

Better to have false hope I think. Then at least you can look forward to playing the games at night (or in the morning for the East guys, except Milleram and Gilbo.) Then you can go through various periods of time where you actually think "yeah, I'd like to watch how these games unfold.".... Although ----

Nothing quite as bad as starting really hot, leading mid way, then crash and burn the second half!

joethejet

PostTue Aug 13, 2024 12:32 am

RandyW64 wrote:
joethejet wrote:

Better to have false hope I think. Then at least you can look forward to playing the games at night (or in the morning for the East guys, except Milleram and Gilbo.) Then you can go through various periods of time where you actually think "yeah, I'd like to watch how these games unfold.".... Although ----

Nothing quite as bad as starting really hot, leading mid way, then crash and burn the second half!

Yeah, that might be the worst. You're like "What the heck just happened!" I think I agree that false hope is better than dismal night after night.

joethejet

PostWed Aug 14, 2024 5:38 pm

Wow! :shock:

Jeep is up by 23 games! :shock: :shock: :shock: :o :o :o

I gotta think that's the biggest lead ever. That's crazy. He can actually clinch first place tonight!
PreviousNext

Return to Individual League Chat