NLD35 - The NLD Lives on!

Moderator: Palmtana

• Author

Semper Gumby

Re: NLD35 - To LD or not LD...

PostThu Mar 27, 2014 3:08 am

gbrookes wrote:Does that mean we have to have the CDROM game?

I have it , but maybe not everyone in the group does.

I've the 2014 (2013 season) game on my PC.

superflymacdaddyjuice

PostThu Mar 27, 2014 9:06 am

im am in. i will send jet a better email address for me. i can catch up with the league this weekend.

superflymacdaddyjuice

PostThu Mar 27, 2014 9:10 am

I would like to be in but did not query you about strat draft. that must have been someone else. i have used it in some other leagues though.

joethejet wrote:GB, read of your list. Thanks so much for putting it together, I guess I would say that, since you seem to know these guys, you should suggest a couple and go for it.

BTW, I heard back from Big M and I guess he really *is* stepping away.

HOWEVER, I heard from Smokey who would like to get back in, BUT he wants to use a third-party draft board. Here's the info he sent me.

I’m in a netplay league that uses straddraft.com and it is easy to use, has set times for picks and an ok proxy system. I checked with them on how it would work for us and here is what they responded with,

1) Is the online player set w/salaries loaded into your draft system?

1a) If not is there an easy way to import?

1b) If we set up the first time can we use the same player pool for a subsequent draft?

2) What is the cost of using the draft system for a year?

The salaries are not loaded but loading them should be easy with the import facility. You’d set the league to use a salary structure, export the standard players, add the salaries and import.

You can use the same player pool multiple times / multiple drafts as long as they’re your leagues that you are a member of.

ere are a few links to help understand the system.

http://www.stratdraft.com/downloads/stratdraft.pdf

http://www.stratdraft.com/importIntro_help.htm

http://www.stratdraft.com/importStratTeam_help.htm

He's checking with someone who has used it for SOMO and he's willing to pay for the cost himself. My personal opinion is that this is a much better option and maybe Big M will come back too! :)

What do you guys think?

Stoney18

PostThu Mar 27, 2014 10:04 am

:D I was the one who sent the info to Joe about stratdraft but if Smokey wants to pay.....

No, you do not need to purchase the game to use this site. I need to do a little more investigating but it's really about setting up the appropriate player pool with salaries. Worked pretty good with a netplay league I'm in.

Should be able to spend some time looking at this over the weekend.

ArrylT

PostThu Mar 27, 2014 11:19 am

Looks like we have some movement going :)

Many of the names mentioned seem familar. I concur with the idea that it should be a private invite, and it seems like we have a good list of names to hopefully get the 2-3 players we need to fill vacancies.

I'll be unavailable from April 18-21st (over Easter break / Good Friday through Easter Monday), as I'll be out of town on vacation. That is still a bit aways but I figure better the headsup now. If the draft is done by then, doubtful but you never know, I may still be able to find a way to enter a team, but if the draft hasnt started or is in progress, those dates I'll not be around.

joethejet

PostThu Mar 27, 2014 1:12 pm

Stoney18 wrote::D I was the one who sent the info to Joe about stratdraft but if Smokey wants to pay.....

No, you do not need to purchase the game to use this site. I need to do a little more investigating but it's really about setting up the appropriate player pool with salaries. Worked pretty good with a netplay league I'm in.

Should be able to spend some time looking at this over the weekend.

Ooops, sorry Stoney/Smokey. When you use your real names, I get confused! :o :oops:

Sounds like we might be able to get something done with this. :D

BTW, Jeep is having is operation today so say a prayer for him if you're so inclined.

Semper Gumby

PostFri Mar 28, 2014 1:29 pm

I trust Jeep got his name from driving a jeep. If so, he'll be fine and sporting a nice brazilian trim. :D

joethejet

PostFri Mar 28, 2014 1:30 pm

Semper Gumby wrote:I trust Jeep got his name from driving a jeep. If so, he'll be fine and sporting a nice brazilian trim. :D

LOL :lol:

Jeepdriver

PostFri Mar 28, 2014 1:47 pm

I'm here, albeit in pain, but will be checking in occasionally the next few days to see how things are progressing. Thx for the thoughts and prayers.

Semper Gumby

PostFri Mar 28, 2014 5:23 pm

Jeep

Glad you made it through the procedure

How is that scar looking? You ready to sport the Speed-O now?
PreviousNext

Return to Individual League Chat