NLD 66 - Popeye Eats His Spinach

Moderator: Palmtana

• Author

joethejet

Re: NLD 66 - Popeye Eats His Spinach

PostWed Aug 21, 2024 2:36 pm

RandyW64 wrote:Okay I take back the lowly Rebels comment after tonight! They are my favorite team! Thanks Joe! Really thought after Al swept me last night, I was "ripe for the picken'"

Yeah, once I posted the ratings, my team realized that they actually *were* a good team and started playing like it. We have gone 28-14 (.667) and won 10 of 14 series including 4 sweeps since posting the ratings. Go figure.

Usually my team tanks after posting, this time, the opposite. Our reward? A worst draft pick for NLD 67. But, that's OK, I would rather have a better record and avoid the East. Right now I have the 3rd worst record and 1 game back of 3 teams. I think the best pick I can get is #3 and the worst is 6th. We'll see.

joethejet

PostThu Aug 22, 2024 1:05 am

Well, Dale pulled it out! Nice going Dale! :) Sorry Gilbo.

Meanwhile at the bottom, Miller gets the first pick based on record with Semper. Steve is 3 and Big A had the worst record against me and Spider so he's 4th. I get 5th and Spider 6th. One of the highest records at the bottom if I'm not mistaken. I'll have to look.

A tough slide for Big A as he was in first at 98 game mark.

On the flip side, we finished 31-14 (.689) over the last 15 series. I knew this team was decent, we just waited too long to get there. Kirby still finished terribly with a 5.33 ERA. That's just weird. At least Woodruff corrected to a 2.72 ERA with 16 wins. Shoot, almost made it to .500!

Jeep finished with the best record DESPITE losing the last five. Can he turn it around going into the playoffs????? He was the only anomaly with everyone else finishing with 88-75 wins

Meanwhile Randal would have finished 4th in the East, but gets a playoff spot! :shock:

Spider 67

PostThu Aug 22, 2024 8:24 am

Is this the first time the East has had the best overall division record - both with wins and run differential?

dalekeener

PostThu Aug 22, 2024 8:58 pm

I was really surprised that I sneaked in. Not having the tie breaker I figured would be my down fall. It was a great race. Good luck to all in the playoffs.

RandyW64

PostThu Aug 22, 2024 11:30 pm

joethejet wrote:Well, Dale pulled it out! Nice going Dale! :) Sorry Gilbo.

Meanwhile at the bottom, Miller gets the first pick based on record with Semper. Steve is 3 and Big A had the worst record against me and Spider so he's 4th. I get 5th and Spider 6th. One of the highest records at the bottom if I'm not mistaken. I'll have to look.

On the flip side, we finished 31-14 (.689) over the last 15 series. I knew this team was decent, we just waited too long to get there. Kirby still finished terribly with a 5.33 ERA. That's just weird. At least Woodruff corrected to a 2.72 ERA with 16 wins. Shoot, almost made it to .500!

Jeep finished with the best record DESPITE losing the last five. Can he turn it around going into the playoffs????? He was the only anomaly with everyone else finishing with 88-75 wins

Meanwhile Randal would have finished 4th in the East, but gets a playoff spot! :shock:

Do we follow a different tiebreaker than Strat? 3 team tie - first tiebreaker is division record. It would be AL, Spider and then JTJ in draft because JTJ spanked us in division.

joethejet

PostThu Aug 22, 2024 11:35 pm

RandyW64 wrote:
joethejet wrote:Well, Dale pulled it out! Nice going Dale! :) Sorry Gilbo.

Do we follow a different tiebreaker than Strat? 3 team tie - first tiebreaker is division record. It would be AL, Spider and then JTJ in draft because JTJ spanked us in division.

Yes because that is a stupid tie breaker. We use head-to-head record between the 3 teams and if a tie then run dif.

Is this the first time the East has had the best overall division record - both with wins and run differential?

Not sure, maybe. I haven't kept records by division. I suppose you could go back and figure it out, but.... I'm not doing it! ;)

RandyW64

PostFri Aug 23, 2024 8:01 am

"Yes because that is a stupid tie breaker"

FINALLY!! Someone else agrees! I have yet to understand how the stupid "best record vs. division" tiebreaker could be fair! :)

joethejet

PostSun Aug 25, 2024 1:07 am

RandyW64 wrote:"Yes because that is a stupid tie breaker"

FINALLY!! Someone else agrees! I have yet to understand how the stupid "best record vs. division" tiebreaker could be fair! :)

LOL :lol: Glad you agree! :D

RandyW64

PostSun Aug 25, 2024 11:57 pm

WOW! That was a beat down my team took by Stoney in the sweep! Through 4 games, I led TWICE (by one run for a half inning each time.) Congrats to Stoney for a well deserved series sweep. Best of luck in the finals.

Stoney18

PostMon Aug 26, 2024 10:28 am

Definitely surprising.
PreviousNext

Return to Individual League Chat