USKL 3 Chat & Trades:

Moderator: Palmtana

• Author

bigmahon

Re: USKL 3 Chat

PostSun Mar 03, 2013 3:26 pm

And I appreciate that completely. There would have to be some pain associated with the switch, clearly. But being limited to 12 parks in perpetuity seems wrong. Perhaps owners could draft a new park, but only if they used a high draft pick to do so. :?:

KEVINEHLE

PostSun Mar 03, 2013 3:55 pm

I used to have the same mindset as Big, but after thinking about it further, the point of these keeper leagues is to be as close to owning a big league team as possible. Generally, franchises don't have the opportunity to move into a new ballpark to fit their needs. We all have to build our teams to fit our current park. When a new owner comes to the league, that owner should be able to pick any unowned park of their choosing.

However, I am open to an owner having the ability to change parks every two years at a price. It should cost them a 1st round pick or whatever other variation the league would agree. I suppose the salary of the 1st round pick would go to the down payment on the new stadium. The tax payers can pay the other $250M.......just like in real life! I personally have enjoyed paying for Target Field year after year after year.....and 27 more years to come!! :cry:

Kev

Ninersphan

PostSun Mar 03, 2013 4:33 pm

KEVINEHLE wrote:I used to have the same mindset as Big, but after thinking about it further, the point of these keeper leagues is to be as close to owning a big league team as possible. Generally, franchises don't have the opportunity to move into a new ballpark to fit their needs. We all have to build our teams to fit our current park. When a new owner comes to the league, that owner should be able to pick any unowned park of their choosing.

However, I am open to an owner having the ability to change parks every two years at a price. It should cost them a 1st round pick or whatever other variation the league would agree. I suppose the salary of the 1st round pick would go to the down payment on the new stadium. The tax payers can pay the other $250M.......just like in real life! I personally have enjoyed paying for Target Field year after year after year.....and 27 more years to come!! :cry:

Kev

Yep, that's why the no changes was instituted to try and keep it consistant. That said I understand some of the parks flucuate from year to year so i can see wanting to change.

But as I've always maintained, it's your league I'm just the arbiter of the rules. If the majority ( and it has to be a supermajority in this case) want to change the rule, propose it, vote on it ( I obstain so there will alwys be an odd number) and we'll make the change.

blsmith7

PostSun Mar 03, 2013 10:33 pm

Speaking of parks, if anyone is interested in switching theirs, I'd be willing to consider it. I'm in Philly, and my team is not built for it at all. LMK ASAP if interested to get something done before the draft starts.

bigmahon

PostMon Mar 04, 2013 3:28 am

KEVINEHLE wrote:Generally, franchises don't have the opportunity to move into a new ballpark to fit their needs. We all have to build our teams to fit our current park.
Kev

Agreed. But then why allow for the trading of parks? Is that any more realistic? :?

KEVINEHLE

PostMon Mar 04, 2013 10:55 am

bigmahon wrote:
KEVINEHLE wrote:Generally, franchises don't have the opportunity to move into a new ballpark to fit their needs. We all have to build our teams to fit our current park.
Kev

Agreed. But then why allow for the trading of parks? Is that any more realistic? :?

Big, trading parks is even more unlikely...I do agree!! For example if I traded Wrigley Field, could you imagine the costs to take apart Wrigley Field, brick by brick and rebuild it somewhere else like...perhaps Akron or Ottumwa? :lol:

Ninersphan

PostMon Mar 04, 2013 10:59 am

bigmahon wrote:
Kev

No it's not, but it does give you some way of changing to fit your personale which the league recognizes could be necessary. Think of it more as reconfiguring the OF walls and a new sponsorship to go with it. Hell MLB teams change the sponsors on their stadiums so much I don't even remember what teams play in which parks anymore.

Ninersphan

PostTue Mar 05, 2013 8:16 am

The cuts are all in. Thanks to you all for getting them done in a timely manner. Roster will be frozen as of 9am EST Wednesday. I will begin work soon on a post cuts roster including the finalized draft order, and a players available sheet. I have two other league that cut their cuts done first, so I'm doing those leagues first.
Please remember we use the regular set of players BUT every player that played in the MLB last year is eligible for the draft. If you draft an unleashed or uncarded player, you did not get a make up pick after the draft is over. I'm fairly confident I'll have the Roster and players available sheet done by Wednesday afternoon.

Once I send out the roster, I'll set up a draft thread and bigmahon can make the first pick whenever he wants. I would like to officially start on Monday.

As always there will be no clock for the first round, the clock will turn on for round 2 even if it's before Monday.

Clock rules:
Clock starts at 10am EDT and runs until 10:pm EDT Monday through Friday. No clock on weekends. I myself work 8-9 hours on Saturdays so I will not be around to monitor progress and "nudge" people like I usually do.

Managers that have consecutive picks do not get 6 hours for the picks, it's 3 hours per manager, not 3 hours per pick. If you know you will be away from the computer please leave proxies.

Once rosters are frozen, no more changes to the cuts lists may be made. Also no trades will be processed by the league office. If you are working on a deal, try and get it done before Wednesday morning.

If anyone has any questions please ask.

Ninersphan

PostThu Mar 07, 2013 11:19 am

I'm going to be delayed for a bit with the roster, there's an issue with bigmahon's that i found this morning while doing the cuts. Hopefully he'll get my e-mail and let me know what to do . I stil hope to have it all done by the end of the day.

bigmahon

PostThu Mar 07, 2013 1:54 pm

Bill, responded via email.
PreviousNext

Return to Individual League Chat