NLD 65 - The Big Maple Takes the Mound

Moderator: Palmtana

• Author

Spider 67

Re: NLD 65 - The Big Maple Takes the Mound

PostFri May 24, 2024 8:56 am

joethejet wrote:
Spider 67 wrote:
joethejet wrote:Ok guys, I promise you this is not a game you see often.

We win 13-10 in 15 innings, but check and see what happened in the 14th!

https://onlinegames.strat-o-matic.com/game/469501/839

I don't want to talk about it! :evil:

I mean, shoot, I scored five runs and that didn't end the game! Pretty incredible that your team sent it to 15. I know you want to get a win, but that's a crazy game.

Yeah, I know. But I can't seem to get a win - even with the luck of scoring 5 to match yours in the 14th. There were a ton of F0 pitches thrown in that game. :shock:

joethejet

PostSat May 25, 2024 1:18 pm

OMG, I hadn't noticed that, you're RIGHT tons of F0! :shock: :o

joethejet

PostMon May 27, 2024 2:33 pm

Well, we're making it exciting by getting swept by Stoney while Steve swept Spider. :(

Big series with Steve tonight. A series win for us all but clinches it. We need to get at least one or things are wide open. At least we're at home.

Meanwhile the other two divisions are 3 or 4 team races!

RandyW64

PostTue May 28, 2024 12:41 pm

Looks like it's all coming down to the last six games! 9 teams still around in the playoff hunt! Wow!
Best of luck to everyone!

Randy

joethejet

PostTue May 28, 2024 5:44 pm

RandyW64 wrote:Looks like it's all coming down to the last six games! 9 teams still around in the playoff hunt! Wow!
Best of luck to everyone!

Randy

Yeah, definitely one of the closest NLDs in awhile. We've actually clinched due to our head-to-head with Steve. Still would like to have the HF however. We've been much better at home.

joethejet

PostWed May 29, 2024 12:28 am

Races still tight, but the division challengers need sweeps.

Big A has the tie breaker with KLX so KLX needs to sweep at home.

Semper needs to sweep Randy in the Central to take the division. That will be tough on the road.

WC looks like it's down to two teams: Steve and the second-place team from the East. Steve has the tie-breaker against KLX, but needs to gain two games. If Big A gets swept he'll still make the playoffs as the WC as he has the tie-breaker with Steve.

stevep107

PostWed May 29, 2024 6:41 pm

My wildcard aspirations are not looking good. Lost a heartbreaker to stoney in the 17th inning of game 158.

Need to win last three games of the season against spider. The good news is that I'm at home. The bad news is that Stott (injury risk 1*) decided to get injured for the last three games of the season after just recovering from a three game injury.

klx is playing Big A. If klx wins at least 1 game, I think I'm out and he is in.

I don't think I'm going to make it but at least this team finished above .500 which is all I could hope for when I was 15 games below .500.

I'm heading to Canada on Saturday for a few weeks. If anyone lives in southern Ontario, let me know and maybe we can catch up. I'll be going to a couple of Blue Jays games in the third week of June.

Cheers.

joethejet

PostWed May 29, 2024 8:43 pm

stevep107 wrote:My wildcard aspirations are not looking good. Lost a heartbreaker to stoney in the 17th inning of game 158.

Need to win last three games of the season against spider. The good news is that I'm at home. The bad news is that Stott (injury risk 1*) decided to get injured for the last three games of the season after just recovering from a three game injury.

klx is playing Big A. If klx wins at least 1 game, I think I'm out and he is in.

I don't think I'm going to make it but at least this team finished above .500 which is all I could hope for when I was 15 games below .500.

I'm heading to Canada on Saturday for a few weeks. If anyone lives in southern Ontario, let me know and maybe we can catch up. I'll be going to a couple of Blue Jays games in the third week of June.

Cheers.

Hey Steve,

You have the tiebreaker with KLX so you have to win 2 more than he does tonight. If he wins 1, you have to sweep to get in.

stevep107

PostFri May 31, 2024 9:32 pm

You have the tiebreaker with KLX so you have to win 2 more than he does tonight. If he wins 1, you have to sweep to get in.

My head to head record with him was 6-6 but he had the advantage in runs scored so I think a tie would have given him the playoff berth. However, it is all academic now...Cheers.

Jeepdriver

PostSat Jun 01, 2024 9:19 am

FYI - The tie-breaker after head-to-head (for a 2-way tie) is Run Differential.
PreviousNext

Return to Individual League Chat