GMKL CHAT:

Moderator: Palmtana

• Author

Ninersphan

Re: GMKL CHAT: EAST TEAMS PLEASE LOAD

PostTue Apr 10, 2018 9:48 pm

NMILSTEIN wrote:A quick question on the divisions. Looking at the rules I read them to say that cumulative records determine the divisions and the East Division should be the 1-4-7-10 teams. Based on that shouldn't the East Division be Stevef, nmilstein, Palmtana and mlbphan. What am I missing?

nythawk129921 wrote:LEAGUE CREATED

Password: Mets#1

EAST
stevef - IN
ehlekev - IN
ninersphan -IN
nythawk - IN

CENTRAL
wjs6768
splinter
mlbphan
chillards

WEST
Jerlins
palmtana
smitty
nmilstein

Prior seasons, as in the last two combined, It's poorly worded, but I know the intent I'll fix the wording going forward. Divisions are correct

NMILSTEIN

PostTue Apr 10, 2018 9:50 pm

Sorry, I wasn't really paying attention to the division alignments until now. If it's last 2 season's record instead of cumulative then the divisions are still off.

Ninersphan wrote:
NMILSTEIN wrote:A quick question on the divisions. Looking at the rules I read them to say that cumulative records determine the divisions and the East Division should be the 1-4-7-10 teams. Based on that shouldn't the East Division be Stevef, nmilstein, Palmtana and mlbphan. What am I missing?

nythawk129921 wrote:LEAGUE CREATED

EAST
stevef - IN
ehlekev - IN
ninersphan -IN
nythawk - IN

CENTRAL
wjs6768
splinter
mlbphan
chillards

WEST
Jerlins
palmtana
smitty
nmilstein

Let me check the records and see if I mixed up my leagues. That said it's season cumulative and not total cumulative.

Oh and (sarcasam coming) The division's have been on every version of the roster I've sent out since last season ended, and you pick NOW to notice this?????? ;)

Ninersphan

PostTue Apr 10, 2018 10:03 pm

NMILSTEIN wrote:Sorry, I wasn't really paying attention to the division alignments until now. If it's last 2 season's record instead of cumulative then the divisions are still off.

I beg to differ names with win totals for the last two seasons straight from the records page. It's also the draft order which makes it easy for me.

Code: Select all
stevef 126
kev 141
Niners 147
nythawk 151
wjs153
splinter 155
mlbphan 161
chillards(qksilver) 167
Jerlins(cubit) 172
palmtana 177
smitty 179
Neil 195

What numbers are you using??

Ninersphan

Re: GMKL CHAT: CENTRAL TEAMS PLEASE LOAD

PostTue Apr 10, 2018 10:13 pm

I now know what the confusion is, the 1-4-7-10 thing was only the inaugural season. After that it's based solely on recoreds. Worst four teams in the east, best four in the west.

from the rules:
2) Divisional assignments will change each season. The format is this: a) initial divisional assignments will be follow the general 1-4-7-10 East, 2-5-8-11

3) Cumulative team records from the prior season will determine the divisional assignments for Season 1 each year.
3a) Season two divisions will be based on order of finish from season 1 with the 4 playoff teams comprising the west divion.

No mention of 1-4-7-10 for future seasons.
Last edited by Ninersphan on Tue Apr 10, 2018 10:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

NMILSTEIN

PostTue Apr 10, 2018 10:16 pm

So the 1-4-7-10 are the teams are not the teams with the 1st, 4th, 7th and 10th best records but instead the inverse of that?

Ninersphan

PostTue Apr 10, 2018 10:17 pm

NMILSTEIN wrote:So the 1-4-7-10 are the teams are not the teams with the 1st, 4th, 7th and 10th best records but instead the inverse of that?

Look above, BTW this is the way we did it last year too, and you didn't have an issue last year.

NMILSTEIN

PostTue Apr 10, 2018 10:29 pm

Ninersphan wrote:
NMILSTEIN wrote:So the 1-4-7-10 are the teams are not the teams with the 1st, 4th, 7th and 10th best records but instead the inverse of that?

Look above, BTW this is the way we did it last year too, and you didn't have an issue last year.

I don't have an issue with it this year either. I was trying to figure out how the divisions were determined and looked at the rules and couldn't figure out how it came out the way it did.

Ninersphan

PostTue Apr 10, 2018 10:34 pm

NMILSTEIN wrote:
Ninersphan wrote:

I don't have an issue with it this year either. I was trying to figure out how the divisions were determined and looked at the rules and couldn't figure out how it came out the way it did.

Gotcha it’s prevoius season cumulative record, worst to first. I’ve been here since the league launched 11 years ago( God I’m getting old) and I KNOW this is the way we’ve always done it. The reason for it, is it ensures at least two new playoff teams every season.

mlbphan

PostWed Apr 11, 2018 12:21 am

LEAGUE CREATED

EAST
stevef - IN
ehlekev - IN
ninersphan -IN
nythawk - IN

CENTRAL
wjs6768