WBKL chat thread - league full. Let's rock

Moderator: Palmtana

• Author

bigmahon

Re: World Baseball Keeper League chat thread

PostSun Jan 19, 2014 5:48 pm

Lol, so I'm home now and I see that the trade was made before I even got to see it.

Please do not do this again!

Here are the steps:

1) Agree a deal with another team
2) Team A announces the deal on the chat thread
3) Team B confirms the deal on the chat thread
4) Commissioner reviews and confirms the deal on the chat thread
5) The transaction is made

And for the record, fredpaii will no longer require his round 40 pick (barring further league sanctioned deals of course!) :mrgreen:

Thanks guys!

azpanthers11

PostSun Jan 19, 2014 5:52 pm

Hey big I have no problems with that process but since I'm sure it will come up at some point I hope this will just eliminate that problem.

Who then becomes the governing body when you are involved in a trade?

bigmahon

PostSun Jan 19, 2014 6:14 pm

We could use league votes if an objection is raised about a trade I'm involved in. Fair?

azpanthers11

PostSun Jan 19, 2014 6:16 pm

Good enough for me.

fredpaii

PostSun Jan 19, 2014 6:22 pm

I'm not a fan of any interference from a Commissioner or anyone else regarding trades made. If this is going to be the way it's going to be then I need to leave the league. There was nothing regarding approval of trades mentioned in the league rules that I could see. I'm not mad or anything, I just don't like it and prefer not to have to deal with some overlord type person in regards to any deals I make. So even if this were to be added to the rules at this time I'd still want to leave.

Please tell me if this league will have any interference regarding trades from either the Commissioner or a voting process among other players. Then we can proceed from there.

Thank you,
Fred

the ghost of roger maris

PostSun Jan 19, 2014 6:27 pm

i see approval as unnecessary
the only exception is trades that violate a written rule
vivan Correcaminos! Andale! Andale!

azpanthers11

PostSun Jan 19, 2014 6:29 pm

I really don't care either way but I will just say if there is a trade agreed upon it's probably cause both teams feel it will be better for them either short term or long term. So it's the disgression of the owner.

azpanthers11

PostSun Jan 19, 2014 6:32 pm

I'm not a mind reader but could the review just to be to see of other action is needed such as cuts and what not?

I think we might have just taken what he meant the wrong way.

The Turtle

PostSun Jan 19, 2014 6:32 pm

fredpaii wrote:I'm not a fan of any interference from a Commissioner or anyone else regarding trades made. If this is going to be the way it's going to be then I need to leave the league. There was nothing regarding approval of trades mentioned in the league rules that I could see. I'm not mad or anything, I just don't like it and prefer not to have to deal with some overlord type person in regards to any deals I make. So even if this were to be added to the rules at this time I'd still want to leave.

Please tell me if this league will have any interference regarding trades from either the Commissioner or a voting process among other players. Then we can proceed from there.

Thank you,
Fred

I think this is standard in most leagues, just to check to see if the trade is valid per the roster sheet. I think that is all he is asking.

fredpaii

PostSun Jan 19, 2014 6:34 pm

azpanthers11 wrote:I'm not a mind reader but could the review just to be to see of other action is needed such as cuts and what not?

I think we might have just taken what he meant the wrong way.

That's a good point. Another thing I need to say is I like you guys and it would suck hard to leave this league.
PreviousNext

Return to Individual League Chat