1st NAKL Chat: LOCKED RULES ON PAGE 1

Moderator: Palmtana

• Author

Ninersphan

Re: NAKL (North American Keeper League) Chat

PostTue Jan 22, 2013 2:46 pm

Jerlins wrote:

You may be surprised ;)

I still have Gordon, Bourne, Trout, Stanton, Prado, and Brantley for 2013, so Parra was expendable. McCann hurts, but there was no room for him on my 30 man roster, so he was gone anyway. My main goal for 2013 was upgrading certain positions, which I now have done at 2nd. I still need to upgrade a position or two and still think I have some excess to accomplish that goal.

So, if anyone puts a Verlander type player on the market, feel free to give me a shout. :D

Okay, I'll play,

I'll put King Felix out there, Not saying I'll move him, but given the price you just paid for Hill, I'd be curious to see what you'll offer, especially cause I know you've coveted him for awhile.

Ninersphan

PostTue Jan 22, 2013 2:48 pm

BTW, thanks for the hot stove talk, it's warmed me up a bit and considering it's only 6 freakin' degrees here in Buffalo, I needed it. :shock:

Jerlins

PostTue Jan 22, 2013 2:50 pm

On a side note, Rosco made 3 offers that I think everyone (except for me) would have felt more in my favor than the deal actually done. All included McCann and Johnson, coupled with either Espinosa, Rizzo, or Belt. I'm the one that countered with the other 2 players. Yep yep, I'm nuts for sure.

Roscodog

PostTue Jan 22, 2013 2:52 pm

Ninersphan wrote:BTW, thanks for the hot stove talk, it's warmed me up a bit and considering it's only 6 freakin' degrees here in Buffalo, I needed it. :shock:

-17C here in Regina, plus windchill. Will probably have to work outside most of the evening, not going to be fun.

Speaking of which I'll have to leave for work in about 30mins or so, but will be back this evening, so nobaody make any trades without me. ;)

Jerlins

PostTue Jan 22, 2013 2:56 pm

Ninersphan wrote:
Jerlins wrote:

You may be surprised ;)

I still have Gordon, Bourne, Trout, Stanton, Prado, and Brantley for 2013, so Parra was expendable. McCann hurts, but there was no room for him on my 30 man roster, so he was gone anyway. My main goal for 2013 was upgrading certain positions, which I now have done at 2nd. I still need to upgrade a position or two and still think I have some excess to accomplish that goal.

So, if anyone puts a Verlander type player on the market, feel free to give me a shout. :D

Okay, I'll play,

I'll put King Felix out there, Not saying I'll move him, but given the price you just paid for Hill, I'd be curious to see what you'll offer, especially cause I know you've coveted him for awhile.

Ooh, King Felix!!!!! Be prepared to confirm a trade later on Mr. Commish. I need to get myself a pizza first, but I'll surely make an offer by tonight.

Roscodog

PostTue Jan 22, 2013 2:58 pm

Jerlins wrote:
Ninersphan wrote:
Jerlins wrote:

You may be surprised ;)

Okay, I'll play,

Ooh, King Felix!!!!! Be prepared to confirm a trade later on Mr. Commish. I need to get myself a pizza first, but I'll surely make an offer by tonight.

Just remember you promised me Trout first. :D ;)

Madigan33

PostTue Jan 22, 2013 5:37 pm

Ninersphan wrote:
Roscodog wrote:Hill's a big bat, with very good def at a premium position. He doesn't come cheap. Looking at Jerlins lineup for this year and future years is impressive.

I agree, but he gave up a

1. #1 ace type SP (coming off a bad (for him) year I'll grant you)
2. a LH hitting Catcher with pop who tradtionlly has a great arm and is one of the top 5 defensive catchers, ( to me a rarer commodity than a 1 at 2b)
3. Probably the best defensive 4th OF in the set, a guy who can pinch run, and make a start for you in injury situations and not kill your lineup, and a guy who is likely going to play everyday now and may just blossom

4. a DH, that's all I got for Willingham

That's a steep price for a guy that isn't a 1, loses 10 points in the clutch vs RHP and will likely never have a card this good again.

I disagree with #1. I never really thought Josh Johnson would be a #1 Ace pitcher. Given his injury history and not a big enough increase in velocity. That being said he is a good pitcher and I agree with everything else you said.

I guess I was surprised because when Han-Ram was actually good, one year he was a 3 at SS and had a nice OPS, the best offer I got was Dempster/(some other above-average pitcher). It seemed like there was not much of a market. Rosco has blown up the marketplace with his wild trades :)

nythawk129921

PostWed Jan 23, 2013 9:22 am

Now you all got me wondering what the market for Strasburg might look like especially since I am not one to have many top flight SP's on any of my keeper teams.

Roscodog

PostWed Jan 23, 2013 4:33 pm

If anyone wants a real good def backup at SS, Ryan can be had for a fa or prospect pick.

Roscodog

Trade

PostThu Jan 24, 2013 11:08 am

Roscodog trades

2013 2nd round Spring prospect pick

to

Nythawk for

B. Starling OF (pros)

to be confirmed
PreviousNext

Return to Individual League Chat