WBKL chat thread - league full. Let's rock

Moderator: Palmtana

• Author

fredpaii

Re: World Baseball Keeper League chat thread

PostSun Jan 19, 2014 6:38 pm

bigmahon wrote:We could use league votes if an objection is raised about a trade I'm involved in. Fair?

This statement troubled me. I don't want to vote on anyone's trade as I wouldn't want anyone voting on mine.

bigmahon

PostSun Jan 19, 2014 6:40 pm

the ghost of roger maris wrote: the only exception is trades that violate a written rule

That's the whole point! I don't consider this interference at all. It's not about me deciding whether I like a deal or not, or arbitrarily rejecting deals. The process is only there to check that the deal is consistent with league rules. And I've never been in a keeper league where this didn't take place.

I don't really appreciate being referred to as 'overlord', after the work I've already done, and the work that lies ahead keeping this thing going. So decide now what you want to do.

fredpaii

PostSun Jan 19, 2014 6:43 pm

bigmahon wrote:
the ghost of roger maris wrote: the only exception is trades that violate a written rule

That's the whole point! I don't consider this interference at all. It's not about me deciding whether I like a deal or not, or arbitrarily rejecting deals. The process is only there to check that the deal is consistent with league rules. And I've never been in a keeper league where this didn't take place.

I don't really appreciate being referred to as 'overlord', after the work I've already done, and the work that lies ahead keeping this thing going. So decide now what you want to do.

I'm a little confused right now. Did I violate any written rules? If not, why mention anything about the trade?

azpanthers11

PostSun Jan 19, 2014 6:46 pm

fredpaii wrote:
bigmahon wrote:

I'm a little confused right now. Did I violate any written rules? If not, why mention anything about the trade?

I think he only mentioned it cause that was the first trade we have had.

bigmahon

PostSun Jan 19, 2014 6:51 pm

Fred, no but I assumed that commissioner review was a given, for the reasons just written in my last post. As others have said, this is a fairly standard process, and I intend to review all trades for consistency with the rules. Again, not to judge the deal for any other reason.

Jeez, never saw this storm in a teacup coming...

the ghost of roger maris

PostSun Jan 19, 2014 6:54 pm

bigmahon wrote:Fred, no but I assumed that commissioner review was a given, for the reasons just written in my last post. As others have said, this is a fairly standard process, and I intend to review all trades for consistency with the rules. Again, not to judge the deal for any other reason.

par for the course when reading posts folks always read too much or to little into them as there are few context clues
vivan Correcaminos! Andale! Andale!

azpanthers11

PostSun Jan 19, 2014 6:56 pm

Agreed ghost.

fredpaii

PostSun Jan 19, 2014 6:59 pm

bigmahon wrote:Fred, no but I assumed that commissioner review was a given, for the reasons just written in my last post. As others have said, this is a fairly standard process, and I intend to review all trades for consistency with the rules. Again, not to judge the deal for any other reason.

When you say consistency with the rules you only mean whether or not the rosters will support the trade? And if not then cuts may need to be made? That's it?

And if your trade gets voted on (you the Commish) then that effects the person you're trading with as well. Everyone is okay with that?

And I come from different leagues than you, Big. I've never encountered anything from a Commissioner regarding trade reviewing.

fredpaii

PostSun Jan 19, 2014 7:04 pm

it's really just about preference. I've never seen any mention regarding a trade review from the Commissioners I've played with so that's why I'm seeking as much detail as possible..

The Turtle

PostSun Jan 19, 2014 7:05 pm

fredpaii wrote:

When you say consistency with the rules you only mean whether or not the rosters will support the trade? And if not then cuts may need to be made? That's it?

And if your trade gets voted on (you the Commish) then that effects the person you're trading with as well. Everyone is okay with that?

And I come from different leagues than you, Big. I've never encountered anything from a Commissioner regarding trade reviewing.

Stop bellyaching and pick (YOU ARE UP), every trade is checked in every league by the guys keeping the books. otherwise, people could go over roster size, stash prospects too long, etc. Every commish has to do that.
PreviousNext

Return to Individual League Chat