WBKL chat thread - league full. Let's rock

Moderator: Palmtana

• Author

fredpaii

Re: World Baseball Keeper League chat thread

PostSun Jan 19, 2014 7:09 pm

The Turtle wrote:
fredpaii wrote:
bigmahon wrote:Fred, no but I assumed that commissioner review was a given, for the reasons just written in my last post. As others have said, this is a fairly standard process, and I intend to review all trades for consistency with the rules. Again, not to judge the deal for any other reason.

Jeez, never saw this storm in a teacup coming...

When you say consistency with the rules you only mean whether or not the rosters will support the trade? And if not then cuts may need to be made? That's it?

And if your trade gets voted on (you the Commish) then that effects the person you're trading with as well. Everyone is okay with that?

And I come from different leagues than you, Big. I've never encountered anything from a Commissioner regarding trade reviewing.

Stop bellyaching and pick (YOU ARE UP), every trade is checked in every league by the guys keeping the books. otherwise, people could go over roster size, stash prospects too long, etc. Every commish has to do that.

If it's only about roster size then that's great.

But do you guys understand that if Big makes a trade with one of us that YOU are affected when others may need to vote on it? Does that sound cool to everyone? I've never seen that.

bigmahon

PostSun Jan 19, 2014 7:12 pm

fredpaii wrote:When you say consistency with the rules you only mean whether or not the rosters will support the trade? And if not then cuts may need to be made? That's it?

YES! Seriously, how many times do I have to say it?

I have been driving ALL DAY. I am EXTREMELY TIRED. The bit about voting on my trades was typed by me in error, because I'm tired and misunderstood what AZ had asked. Ignore that.

I'm done with this for now.

fredpaii

PostSun Jan 19, 2014 7:14 pm

bigmahon wrote:
fredpaii wrote:When you say consistency with the rules you only mean whether or not the rosters will support the trade? And if not then cuts may need to be made? That's it?

I have been driving ALL DAY. I am EXTREMELY TIRED. The bit about voting on my trades was typed by me in error, because I'm tired and misunderstood what AZ had asked. Ignore that.

Well thank you. This is the first time it's been confirmed by you that I've noticed.

Get some sleep! :D

azpanthers11

PostSun Jan 19, 2014 7:17 pm

Now let's all take a deep breath. Hah!

fredpaii

PostSun Jan 19, 2014 7:18 pm

azpanthers11 wrote:Now let's all take a deep breath. Hah!

and a nap

bigmahon

PostSun Jan 19, 2014 7:20 pm

bigmahon wrote:
the ghost of roger maris wrote: the only exception is trades that violate a written rule

That's the whole point! I don't consider this interference at all. It's not about me deciding whether I like a deal or not, or arbitrarily rejecting deals. The process is only there to check that the deal is consistent with league rules. And I've never been in a keeper league where this didn't take place.

I don't really appreciate being referred to as 'overlord', after the work I've already done, and the work that lies ahead keeping this thing going. So decide now what you want to do.

There's once.

bigmahon

PostSun Jan 19, 2014 7:20 pm

bigmahon wrote:Fred, no but I assumed that commissioner review was a given, for the reasons just written in my last post. As others have said, this is a fairly standard process, and I intend to review all trades for consistency with the rules. Again, not to judge the deal for any other reason.

Jeez, never saw this storm in a teacup coming...

There's twice.

bigmahon

PostSun Jan 19, 2014 7:21 pm

bigmahon wrote:

And that's the third time.

bigmahon

PostSun Jan 19, 2014 7:22 pm

fredpaii wrote:
azpanthers11 wrote:Now let's all take a deep breath. Hah!

and a nap

:shock: I'm pretty close to done with this...

lakeviewdave

PostSun Jan 19, 2014 8:15 pm

Are we really done drafting for today?
PreviousNext

Return to Individual League Chat