D2D trash talk and draft comments thread

Moderator: Palmtana

• Author

Paul_Long71

Re: D2D trash talk and draft comments thread

PostSat Mar 09, 2019 11:35 am

since you are under 30 on your roster at this time, you could also go rosco's route and just officially promote a prospect NOW as well. Both of these options are just procedural. the fact that keepers/cuts are going on now seems to be the confusing part. The easy way to understand it is that none of the keeper/cut lists have actually happened until Sunday at midnight.

Eddie E

PostSat Mar 09, 2019 11:47 am

OK cut Connor Sadzeck. But if I havent cut or released any players until Monday, then why did I have to release Maeda to get under 20? Why are we sending out lists of promoted prospects, cut prospects and cuts if none of those actions are actually taking place? I am not trying to be difficult (even though I guess I am) but I still have read everything that everyone has written and it still doesnt make any logical sense to me. And there is definitely an advantage to not putting up any list of players until the last minute.

Ok, enough conversation about it because I am never going to understand what is going on. Sorry for the lengthy attempt at getting an explanation that makes sense to me. Everyone in this league is great to compete against and Paul does an incredible job at making it all happen. So, Lets play ball!

calbatross

PostSat Mar 09, 2019 12:06 pm

One final attempt from me to bring some clarity to the matter...

You did not have to release Maeda to get under 20... you had to permanently release Maeda (or any 30-man rostered player) at the time you traded for Stroman to get under 30.

When an unbalanced trade puts you over the roster limit, cuts made in order to get your roster compliant (no more than 30 players and 10 prospects) are immediate and permanent.

"Cuts" posted for the purposes of FA draft prep are preliminary and do not become official until the deadline set forth by the commissioner.

You certainly could wait to post your list of Draft cuts until the last minute. However, that wouldn't have changed anything with Maeda because he wasn't one of your pre-draft cuts... he was one of your a-trade-just-put-me-over-30-players-and-I-must-cut-someone-permanently-right-now cuts.

When making a trade that puts you over the 30 man roster limit, instead of permanently cutting someone who you would ever consider wanting to pull back, cut someone that you would never have any intention of bringing back (like Taylor Motter, or Abraham Almonte).

Ditto on the kudos to Paul. Yes, let's play ball!

Paul_Long71

PostSat Mar 09, 2019 12:20 pm

yes to everything calbatross said. when you traded for Stroman that gave you 31 players. at that time you need to immediately cut 1 to get back to 30. had nothing to do with the keepers/cuts to get to 20.

Eddie E

PostSat Mar 09, 2019 1:00 pm

I guess I was under the impression that I had already released guys like Almonte, Pujols, etc who were easy cuts when I posted that they were cuts. So when I was told I was over the limit, I figured that meant that I had to cut one of my keepers so I cut Maeda. If all I had to do was drop Almonte then that was the obvious move. I thought I had to stay at 20 but what you are saying was that I had to stay at 30. Again, I still dont understand but lets move on.

Thanks for trying though.

tcochran

PostSat Mar 09, 2019 1:37 pm

Anybody interested in a ballpark for lefties? Progressive Field moved more to the left and I had to cut my only 2 LHB.

Would be happy to trade Progressive Field (19/12, 13/7) for either a more balanced park or for one that leans to the right.

Eddie E

PostSat Mar 09, 2019 3:07 pm

Hoping this makes it easier for Paul:

Eddie E's lists:

Cuts:

Caratini
Pujols
Asuaje
Motter
Almonte
Pence
Santander
Toles
Junis
Mitchell
Blach
Ziegler
Morgan

Keepers:

Hedges
Gallo
Bregman
Crawford
Frazier
Rosario
Broxton
Matz
Odorizzi
Tanaka
Pivetta
Weaver
Stroman
Gray
Stammen
Perez

Prospect promotions

Adames
Acuna
Mejia
Kopech

Prospect cuts

Calhoun
Senzetela

Prospect Keepers

Tatis
Harrison
Florial
Sanchez

29-13=16+4 promotions=20 + 4 current prospects

Paul_Long71

PostSat Mar 09, 2019 10:00 pm

Still looking for 3 more lists of Keepers/Cuts/Promotions. These are due by tomorrow so that we can start the Free agent draft. Emails sent to all 3 and text to the one who has provided a text number.

baseball cfo

PostSat Mar 09, 2019 11:57 pm

Keep (20)

Moreland
Bradley
Odor
Franco
Devers
Russell
Williams
Margot
Zimmer
Verdugo Prospect promo
Kingery prospect promo
Davies
Boyd
Kennedy
Hellickson
Strop
Herrera
Lorenzen
Forsythe
I Anderson prospect promo

Cuts (14)

Knapp
Mesoraco
Duda
Owings
Delmonico
Dyson
Fowler
Gillaspie prospect cut
Tomlin
Conley
Alexander
Butler
McCarty
Graveman

Prospect Keepers

Murphy
Kilome
Luzardo
Last edited by baseball cfo on Sun Mar 10, 2019 10:00 am, edited 1 time in total.

The Turtle

PostSun Mar 10, 2019 4:21 am

Drops
1. Deven Marrero 3B
2. Yangervis Solarte 3B
3. Jay Bruce OF
4. Jimmy Nelson SP
5. Alex Meyer SP
6. Doug Fister SP
7. Erasmo Ramirez SP
8. Jordan Zimmerman SP