FAST 6 XXXI LEAGUE CHAT

Moderator: Palmtana

• Author

Simon31

Re: FAST 6 XXXI LEAGUE CHAT

PostWed Jan 23, 2013 6:45 am

We could, if you didn't want to wait, do an early Saturday afternoon draft and schedule the Frenzy for late if that works for everyone!

Crapgame

PostWed Jan 23, 2013 10:34 am

I work Saturday night and am unavailable from noon on. Do what you wish, I can put a team together. I have four 12 hour night shifts before I get days off again starting next Wednesday. I can get FB to do my proxy work. Sorry to hear the news Dan.

joeoc

PostWed Jan 23, 2013 10:54 am

Dan take the time you need.
My condolences on the loss of your wife, best friend, and partner

Muadib1950

PostWed Jan 23, 2013 1:07 pm

joeoc wrote:Dan take the time you need.
My condolences on the loss of your wife, best friend, and partner

OMG for real this time ... Dan, you know we all share our fondest sympathies & condolences for you and all your families & friends ... If there is a particular Charity that she liked that you might be noticing to family & friends, let us know ... perhaps some us can kick in a little something ... my best, Friend.

Oh ... make friends & STAY CONNECTED yourself with those you love & like, too, Laddie. She would want that.

I guess we can continue the "slow draft" as planned, and just put off the "Quick 3" Rounds for a week or two ... or whenever Dan gives us the thumbs up ... Hmmmm ... guess I better check in over there now ... I am probably the one "who's up" ...

Jon

BDWard

PostWed Jan 23, 2013 2:40 pm

Dan: Please accept my deepest and most sincere condolences on the death of your wife. I've been married 29 years, too, and am hoping for at least another 30, so this one really hits home. After 29 years, I can't imagine losing my wife, so I know how you must feel.

Hang in there and God bless. - Bernie

Frank Bailey

PostWed Jan 23, 2013 3:34 pm

My condolences Dan. I hope you and your family find strength to help you deal with your great loss.

Such as we are, we're part of your baseball family. We will be here when you are ready for a distraction. Maybe we can talk Joe and Bernie into co-hosting a Chicago-area Fast 6 family reunion. Might be a bit of a dysfunctional family we have here, but that's my favorite kind.

supertyphoon

PostWed Jan 23, 2013 5:06 pm

It's all OK, no need to change plans now. I just wanted to make everyone aware I wouldn't be able to participate Fri night, please do the remaining fast draft and frenzy without me. If some will create the league early, I can enter a team Fri morning, with the six I intended to draft at the bottom of the list like normal. That way if there's a conflict I don't steal a drafted player. My 2nd round pick has been made.

Muadib1950

PostWed Jan 23, 2013 6:19 pm

supertyphoon wrote:It's all OK, no need to change plans now. I just wanted to make everyone aware I wouldn't be able to participate Fri night, please do the remaining fast draft and frenzy without me. If some will create the league early, I can enter a team Fri morning, with the six I intended to draft at the bottom of the list like normal. That way if there's a conflict I don't steal a drafted player. My 2nd round pick has been made.

Well, if this isn't important enough to change earlier plans, Dan, I don't know what is. And I mean no disrespect to your sentiments & wishes above, but you needn't worry about our convenience at this tough personal time ... plus, I was reading some clear sentiment above to call off any Frenzy this week & wait on you to indicate when you're ready again ... be that in a few days or a few weeks. Just my 2 cents, though. Let's see what others have to say, too. Our very best ... sing your songs ... and don't be afraid of the tears ... they nourish the soul.

Frank Bailey

PostWed Jan 23, 2013 6:29 pm

I think waiting for Dan with Fast 6 is best.

If anyone needs a frenzy fix for this Friday, we could do one of Bobby's old Take Two and Hit to Right frenzies. Draft two players on ILC in advance and autodraft and frenzy on Friday night.

PJK

PostWed Jan 23, 2013 6:33 pm

first of all, here's wishing dan some peace and comfort at this tragic time. as far as the draft goes, i echo the sentiment of the group. some things are way more important than strat-o, and our comradeship is more important than speed. PJK
PreviousNext

Return to Individual League Chat