Finders Keepers Keeper League Chat

Moderator: Palmtana

• Author

seanreflex

Re: Finders Keepers Keeper League Chat

PostThu Mar 11, 2021 9:53 pm

Since this is my first year in the league, I just want to make sure I understand the rules regarding prospects.

On my roster I have Daniel Lynch, who has a "Y2" next to his name. Even though he has not played in the MLB, I still need to either promote him or drop him this spring, correct?

Also, I have Michael Chavis (Y1), and Spencer Howard (Y1), who both debuted in the MLB in 2020. Can they still remain prospects until next year, even though they now have MLB experience?

Thank you for the clarifications.

Sean

Ninersphan

PostThu Mar 11, 2021 10:03 pm

seanreflex wrote:Since this is my first year in the league, I just want to make sure I understand the rules regarding prospects.

On my roster I have Daniel Lynch, who has a "Y2" next to his name. Even though he has not played in the MLB, I still need to either promote him or drop him this spring, correct?

Also, I have Michael Chavis (Y1), and Spencer Howard (Y1), who both debuted in the MLB in 2020. Can they still remain prospects until next year, even though they now have MLB experience?

Sean

You've got it backwards, Y2 do NOT need to be promoted or dropped this year and Y1's do. So for you Lynch is the only guy you do not have to promote or cut, the other 5 you will need to promote or cut. After our draft(s) the Y2's, in your case lynch, will become Y1's and the new prospects we draft will become Y2's.

seanreflex

PostThu Mar 11, 2021 10:39 pm

Ninersphan wrote:
seanreflex wrote:Since this is my first year in the league, I just want to make sure I understand the rules regarding prospects.

Sean

You've got it backwards, Y2 do NOT need to be promoted or dropped this year and Y1's do. So for you Lynch is the only guy you do not have to promote or cut, the other 5 you will need to promote or cut. After our draft(s) the Y2's, in your case lynch, will become Y1's and the new prospects we draft will become Y2's.

Thank you. That helps!

Roscodog

PostThu Mar 11, 2021 11:00 pm

And actually this year you do not need to promote or cut any prospect. We adapted the rules for one year due to Covid so they basically allow you to have them all for an additional season.

Roscodog

PostThu Mar 11, 2021 11:02 pm

Roscodog wrote:Ok guys here’s the plan.

Some teams are nearing the 20 game mark of the season.
We will start the supplemental draft officially one week from today (Monday August 17th)

Draft will be 2 rounds long, if you wish to participate you must have space on your 40 man roster.
Please post your drops here if you wish to participate. If you are opting out also please advise.

For next year all prospects will retain eligibility for another year. We will still have a prospect draft and we will simply expand the prospect limit past 10 to accommodate those picks.

As far as the free agent draft;
after listening to everyone and taking into consideration the unknowns of the current Mlb season as well as how Strat will handle the cards, I think the best course of action is to make next years draft completely voluntary.

You can carry over your entire 40 man roster if you like. The draft will still be up to 15 rounds for those who wish to make drops. I’m just trying to make the most of a bad situation at this point. Hopefully all will be well in the near future and we can get back to normal.

The Turtle

PostThu Mar 11, 2021 11:30 pm

My team is going to be interesting, really good pitching and hitting, but gloves made of iron across the diamond!

C Will Smith 4(-1)e1
1B (vs RHP) Brandon Belt 1e8
2B (vs RHP) Nick Madrigal 3e23
SS Corey Seager 3e31
3B TBD
LF Eloy Jimenez 4 (-1)e3
CF Kyle Lewis 3 (-2)e6
RF (vs RHP) Ian Happ 4(-1)e3
DH Marcell Ozuna

I feel sorry for these guys ...
SP Trevor Bauer
SP Ian Anderson
SP Zach Davies
SP Julio Urias
SP Michael Pineda

Roscodog

PostThu Mar 11, 2021 11:36 pm

The Turtle wrote:My team is going to be interesting, really good pitching and hitting, but gloves made of iron across the diamond!

C Will Smith 4(-1)e1
1B (vs RHP) Brandon Belt 1e8
2B (vs RHP) Nick Madrigal 3e23
SS Corey Seager 3e31
3B TBD
LF Eloy Jimenez 4 (-1)e3
CF Kyle Lewis 3 (-2)e6
RF (vs RHP) Ian Happ 4(-1)e3
DH Marcell Ozuna

I feel sorry for these guys ...
SP Trevor Bauer
SP Ian Anderson
SP Zach Davies
SP Julio Urias
SP Michael Pineda

Well at least you’ve got Belt at 1st

Ninersphan

PostFri Mar 12, 2021 10:55 am

Ninersphan Drops:

1 Avila, Alex
2 Chirinos, Yonny
3 DeJong, Paul
4 Descalfani, Anthony
5 Diaz, Isan
6 Hill, Tim
7 Inciarte. Ender
8 Martinez, Carlos
9 McCutchen, Andrew
10 Romine, Austin
11 Romo, Sergio
12 Straw, Myles
13 Valdez, Framber
14 Webb, Tyler

Prospect Promotions:
1 Gimenez, Andres

40-14+1=37 or 13 picks
Last edited by Ninersphan on Fri Mar 12, 2021 12:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Terry101

PostFri Mar 12, 2021 11:43 am

Drops:

Bryan Holaday
Mike Zunino
Ryan Zimmerman
Brian Dozier
Rio Ruiz
Adam Frazier
Jesus Sanchez
Spencer Turnbull
Luke Weaver
Jose Castillo
Adam Ottavino
Brandon Kintzler

Prospect Promotions:

Dylan Carlson
Luis Garcia (Wash)

40-12+2= 30 10 Picks

Roscodog

PostFri Mar 12, 2021 12:01 pm

I appreciate the enthusiasm, but Please don’t post drops here.
I will start a separate drop thread.
Currently at work and haven’t looked at anything but will get to it.

Also as mentioned on this page you realize you do not have to promote any prospects this year.
PreviousNext

Return to Individual League Chat