D2D trash talk and draft comments thread

Moderator: Palmtana

• Author

calbatross

Re: D2D trash talk and draft comments thread

PostSun Mar 08, 2020 2:07 pm

However, our draft is so thin with 24 teams and prospect keepers that having those 48-72 players available for our draft would do wonders.

Counterpoint: Our FA draft may be a little thinner at the top, but in general it is much deeper than other 24-team leagues I am in because so many uncarded players (prospects that haven't hit the majors, mostly) take up 20-man roster spots instead of player cards in the $1MM to 2.5MM range. And we play with the Unleashed set.

I wouldn't be opposed to eliminating the Supplemental Draft, but maybe with some tweaks, it could remain. The Supplemental gives weaker teams a chance to speculate for the following year, while it gives contenders a chance to rearrange the end of their benches. If you choose not to participate (as several have) and miss out on an opportunity to improve your team, then that's on you.

I'd recommend reducing the number of rounds from 3 to 2. And make only carded players available in the Supplemental Draft instead of any player that was eligible for the FA draft.

Paul_Long71

PostSun Mar 08, 2020 2:15 pm

Actually klx22 you and mlbphan are both new and could have changed stadiums at any point between when you joined and now. Both of you were told that when you joined. Mlbphan chose to wait and see if something opened in the first two picks. If you want to change as a new owner you can do so. Just post your pick now.

lev.cohen

PostSun Mar 08, 2020 2:17 pm

I also support eliminating the supplemental draft.

klx22

PostSun Mar 08, 2020 2:21 pm

Gavin Sheets can be had for a 4th round prospect pick and Zack Burdi

klx22

PostSun Mar 08, 2020 2:36 pm

Paul_Long71 wrote:Actually klx22 you and mlbphan are both new and could have changed stadiums at any point between when you joined and now. Both of you were told that when you joined. Mlbphan chose to wait and see if something opened in the first two picks. If you want to change as a new owner you can do so. Just post your pick now.

I actually commented that upon taking over the team & think that might be why I already have GABP and wish to keep it. Rick needs to repick.

klx22

PostSun Mar 08, 2020 2:42 pm

Drops
Salvador Perez
Peter O'Brien
Jedd Gyorko
Yoenis Cespedes
Matt Holliday
Tyler Naquin
Tyson Ross
Cory Knebel
Arodys Vizcaino
James Pazos

klx22

PostSun Mar 08, 2020 2:44 pm

klx22 wrote:We will be switching to the friendly confines of Great American Ball Park

This was the post from; Post Sat Feb 08, 2020 11:22 pm

dc irish

PostSun Mar 08, 2020 3:04 pm

calbatross wrote:
However, our draft is so thin with 24 teams and prospect keepers that having those 48-72 players available for our draft would do wonders.

Counterpoint: Our FA draft may be a little thinner at the top, but in general it is much deeper than other 24-team leagues I am in because so many uncarded players (prospects that haven't hit the majors, mostly) take up 20-man roster spots instead of player cards in the $1MM to 2.5MM range. And we play with the Unleashed set.

I wouldn't be opposed to eliminating the Supplemental Draft, but maybe with some tweaks, it could remain. The Supplemental gives weaker teams a chance to speculate for the following year, while it gives contenders a chance to rearrange the end of their benches. If you choose not to participate (as several have) and miss out on an opportunity to improve your team, then that's on you.

I'd recommend reducing the number of rounds from 3 to 2. And make only carded players available in the Supplemental Draft instead of any player that was eligible for the FA draft.

I'm in agreement with Cal's reform and would support that. I would not support banning the supplemental.

Also WELCOME STONEY!!!

Paul_Long71

PostSun Mar 08, 2020 3:13 pm

I am not at a computer. I’m at sons baseball tourney. I agree that Jax already has Great American Ballpark. Is it not showing that on the Parks and Owners tab?

Mlbphan needs to depict or stay with his Park

klx22

PostSun Mar 08, 2020 3:20 pm

Paul_Long71 wrote:I am not at a computer. I’m at sons baseball tourney. I agree that Jax already has Great American Ballpark. Is it not showing that on the Parks and Owners tab?

Mlbphan needs to depict or stay with his Park

It is showing on the parks & owners tabs
PreviousNext

Return to Individual League Chat