GMKL CHAT:

Moderator: Palmtana

• Author

STEVE F

Re: GMKL General Managers Keeper League Chat

PostFri Aug 16, 2013 11:36 am

Ninersphan wrote:I see Strat is asking for Cubit to e-mail them, I've taken the liberty of doing so myself, given how incredibly hard it is to get ahold of Cubey, hopefully they can use my e-mail and get this resolved ASAP

I had some slight difficulty entering as well. Being new to this type of league, I was trying to join league without "ordering" my players, and it would not let me. I finally realized that even though there is no point in making a draft order for a keeper league, you still have to click "save draft order" before it will let you proceed

Ninersphan

PostFri Aug 16, 2013 11:38 am

STEVE F wrote:
Ninersphan wrote:I see Strat is asking for Cubit to e-mail them, I've taken the liberty of doing so myself, given how incredibly hard it is to get ahold of Cubey, hopefully they can use my e-mail and get this resolved ASAP

I had some slight difficulty entering as well. Being new to this type of league, I was trying to join league without "ordering" my players, and it would not let me. I finally realized that even though there is no point in making a draft order for a keeper league, you still have to click "save draft order" before it will let you proceed

This is something else, I'm in contact with Start support myself, because Cubit is so hard to get a ahold of during regular hours. Hopefully it will be resolved soon.

Ninersphan

PostFri Aug 16, 2013 11:53 am

Ninersphan wrote:
STEVE F wrote:

This is something else, I'm in contact with Start support myself, because Cubit is so hard to get a ahold of during regular hours. Hopefully it will be resolved soon.

and...

problem solved :D

STEVE F

PostFri Aug 16, 2013 11:55 am

great work commish! that was quick, I was afraid this was gonna drag on into Monday and delay season start

Ninersphan

PostFri Aug 16, 2013 11:59 am

STEVE F wrote:great work commish! that was quick, I was afraid this was gonna drag on into Monday and delay season start

Thank Strat. I sent them an e-mail with Cubits roster and they had sent back that one had been input that was for $184 mil and they weren't sure which was correct, but I explained how the league was live drafted and if there were duplicates from the 184mil draft roster, it had to be wrong.

So they took my roster and ran the draft.

Now I can't wait for Cubit to resurface and explain WTF happened. I'm seriously wondering if someone hacked his account or at least guessed his password. I just can't figure how it got as screwed up as having a $184 mil team.

the ghost of roger maris

PostFri Aug 16, 2013 12:11 pm

Am I correct we run with 25 man rosters or do we follow the strat site rules of up to 28?
vivan Correcaminos! Andale! Andale!

lakeviewdave

PostFri Aug 16, 2013 12:26 pm

I thought it was 25 until game 132 then can go to 28

the splinter

PostFri Aug 16, 2013 12:33 pm

is it opening day yet?

no

rosters are being adjusted...strategies decided...

chill people

Ninersphan

PostFri Aug 16, 2013 12:38 pm

lakeviewdave wrote:I thought it was 25 until game 132 then can go to 28

This is all in the rules but,

25 man roster until game 132, then expansion to 28

EXCEPTION: If you have an injury, you are allowed to move up a player from your 40 man roster to cover for the injury without demoting the injured player. However once the injury is healed you have 24 hours to demote a player and bring your roster back to 25. For the most part you are on the honor system for this, but I do spot check roster sizes periodically.

MOST IMPORTANT: Under no circumstances are you allowed to pick up free agents, that is players not on a 40 man roster. the only moves you are allowed are picking up players from your 40 man roster and of course trades.

All trades must be posted here in the chat thread and league commissioner must sign off before they become official. I do not have veto power, I merely want to ensure roster sizes are properly maintained. Do not simply work a trade via the game trade engine and not post it.

lakeviewdave

PostFri Aug 16, 2013 12:48 pm

I only put the comment out there as there is another ongoing keeper league where one experienced manager had a 28-man roster for nearly the entire season before it was noticed, otherwise I would not have mentioned it.

So chill this.
PreviousNext

Return to Individual League Chat