NLD 49 - New and improved with "Louisana Lightning"!

Moderator: Palmtana

• Author

Stoney18

Re: NLD 49 - New and improved with "Louisana Lightning"!

PostWed Oct 31, 2018 9:51 am

Joe, sorry to hear about your father. Just went through this with my mom and know how hard it is.

Mike

joethejet

PostWed Oct 31, 2018 3:56 pm

Stoney18 wrote:Joe, sorry to hear about your father. Just went through this with my mom and know how hard it is.

Mike

Hi Stones,

Thanks, I appreciate it. Yeah, he passed while shortly after I left for Spain/Portugal. I didn't find out until I got back on Monday (this was by design) I knew he would pass while I was gone, but it was still hard to get my head around when I returned.

joethejet

PostMon Nov 05, 2018 7:32 pm

Hey Guys,

I'm back in the country and my life should be returning to normal. I have the ratings so I'll try to get those out tonight or tomorrow.

Board has been very quiet in my absence. :(

joethejet

PostTue Nov 06, 2018 2:40 am

Curious what you guys think of the graphs under the standings now. I think they show up ticks and slumps much better then total wins. It's really easy to see your winning pct go up whereas, the wins are always going up and it was hard to see the trend.

FALCON29

PostTue Nov 06, 2018 7:43 am

joethejet wrote:Curious what you guys think of the graphs under the standings now. I think they show up ticks and slumps much better then total wins. It's really easy to see your winning pct go up whereas, the wins are always going up and it was hard to see the trend.

I'd gotten used to the old one and kind of liked it, but the change isn't killing me at all. I'm getting used to it. I'd like to see the W-L record in the bubble that pops up when you hover over a spot instead of just the number of wins.

klx22

PostTue Nov 06, 2018 8:37 am

joethejet wrote:Curious what you guys think of the graphs under the standings now. I think they show up ticks and slumps much better then total wins. It's really easy to see your winning pct go up whereas, the wins are always going up and it was hard to see the trend.

I think they are fine. I never really look at them much, but able to follow easy enough when i do.

milleram

PostTue Nov 06, 2018 4:58 pm

If you look at the 20xx board you know I dislike the new graphs--the old ones were much better and told you more info at a glance--your trends, streaks, relative standing over the long haul, and even expected W/L over the season with a projected upward line without having to calculate it.

The new ones are just winning pct-- a Ziggy Zaggy mess to me. I don't even bother to look anymore.

I wish they would have kept the old graph and stuck this new one on the expanded page--won't stop me from playing but the old graph was better eye candy.

joethejet

PostWed Nov 07, 2018 5:16 pm

I wish they would have kept the old graph and stuck this new one on the expanded page--won't stop me from playing but the old graph was better eye candy.

Interesting. See, I found it very hard to tell trends in the old chart because it ALWAYS moved up. How do you tell when you've hit a down stretch? unless you lost a bunch in a row, you couldn't see if very well. With Win pct, it's much easier.

Now, that said, I do think they need to zoom in some, there's no reason to have the top be 1.2 and there should be a line at .500 which would be very valuable. To me the chart should be from .200 to .800 with anything above and below just off the chart since this only happens at the very beginning of the season anyway.

milleram

PostWed Nov 07, 2018 7:50 pm

It didn't always move up, it was flat on a losing streak and a diagonal upward on a winning streak. Also it was a linear graph as opposed to a exponential graph that will always tend toward .500. Winning or losing streaks of the same length late in the season will not have as much amplitude on the new graph as the old one.

I think what they are trying to simulate is the projected prediction models and the odds of making playoffs four and five months ahead, but it doesn't work very well with the general parity Strat-online teams have vs actual MLB, the separation of team talent is not as great.

Anyway it's not important--but I would like to have the old graph back--even if they put the old one on the expanded page, Strat never listens anyway.

I would much prefer to have some real improvements to HAL, especially with noDH double switches, and handling L/R combos/PH in general. The AI is really poor in some areas--especially PH in a timely manner, when the game is at a turning point in the 5th or 6th, instead of never PH till the 8th or 9th, or change a platoon earlier in the game.

joethejet

PostThu Nov 08, 2018 12:30 am

I would agree that the old chart showed 10-0 and 0-10 streaks fine, win one, lose one were a lot harder to tell.

I think the improvements I suggested would make the graph more useful as you'd be able to see the differences a little more clearly

http://joethejet.x10host.com/WinPct.jpg

See if that is better.
PreviousNext

Return to Individual League Chat