timklucinec

Re: USKL 3 Chat & Trades:

PostTue Jul 30, 2024 10:00 pm

[quote="seanreflex"]TRADE:

seanreflex trades:

Zac Gallen SP
Wyatt Langford OF (pros)

to timklucinec for:

2024 1st Rd Supplemental Draft Pick (#4 overall)

Tim to confirm
I confirm this here Trade.

Tim K

seanreflex

PostSun Aug 18, 2024 12:19 pm

Hi Bill,

When will we start the Supplemental Draft and the summer prospect draft? Just curious. Thanks,

sean

Ninersphan

PostMon Aug 19, 2024 9:12 am

seanreflex wrote:Hi Bill,

When will we start the Supplemental Draft and the summer prospect draft? Just curious. Thanks,

sean

Sean (and the rest of the league),

Apologies for the delay. I can't give a start date as we need a replacement manager as Bob, Palmtana, told me he was leaving in the middle season 1 (no reason given BTW). I have just posted for his replacement. Truth be told I have been loath to get going as I'm currently completely burnt out on this game. I have had a dreadful go of it for almost all my teams, most especially a team I thought would be uber competitive as it has a 138million $$ roster but has drastically underperformed my expectations for two seasons. It made the game feel like a complete waste of time and money truth be told. Facing the slog of recruiting a manger and running two more drafts just felt more like a chore than a joy. Still, I committed to doing it so off we go.

Palmtana

PostTue Aug 20, 2024 3:37 am

Ninersphan wrote:
Apologies for the delay. I can't give a start date as we need a replacement manager as Bob, Palmtana, told me he was leaving in the middle season 1 (no reason given BTW). I have just posted for his replacement. Truth be told I have been loath to get going as I'm currently completely burnt out on this game. I have had a dreadful go of it for almost all my teams, most especially a team I thought would be uber competitive as it has a 138million $$ roster but has drastically underperformed my expectations for two seasons. It made the game feel like a complete waste of time and money truth be told. Facing the slog of recruiting a manger and running two more drafts just felt more like a chore than a joy. Still, I committed to doing it so off we go.

Ninersphan, why write "(no reason given BTW)"? When I let you know that I was leaving I said that I would keep the reason to myself. "No reason given BTW..." , while literally true, paints me in a bad light.

There's no crying in Strat! You've been playing our game long enough to know that RV often has nothing to do with success. Smitty had a $183M team that lost the finals. A couple of my first KL teams, USKL 2 Season 1 and Season 2 won Rings with a RV under $100M.

You just volunteered to take over USKL 3 from Ernie. I'm glad to see that you are, reluctantly or not, fulfilling your duties.

As you know, recruitment threads are hit or miss. I'll sticky yours for a day or two. I've found that success in finding a new owner comes quickly if they are contacted directly.

Ninersphan

PostWed Aug 21, 2024 8:29 am

Everyone, please welcome back Thisisdan26 taking the place of Palmtana. I've given him access to the league spreadsheet. Dan you may change your stadium just list your desire to change with your drops for the supp draft once I post the drop/draft thread.

Thanks.

seanreflex

PostWed Aug 21, 2024 3:13 pm

Ninersphan wrote:Everyone, please welcome back Thisisdan26 taking the place of Palmtana. I've given him access to the league spreadsheet. Dan you may change your stadium just list your desire to change with your drops for the supp draft once I post the drop/draft thread.

Thanks.

Welcome, Dan. Looks like you're taking over a squad with some potential. Good luck. You've got a few guys in this group (including me) who are always open to trades if you want to put your style onto the roster!

edub1969

PostWed Aug 21, 2024 5:28 pm

Welcome Dan

Ninersphan

PostWed Aug 21, 2024 5:32 pm

timklucinec wrote:
seanreflex wrote:TRADE:

seanreflex trades:

Zac Gallen SP
Wyatt Langford OF (pros)

to timklucinec for:

Tim to confirm

Tim K

Tim K owes a cut for this trade. He also has to cut two but will only make on supplemental pick.

Ninersphan

PostWed Aug 21, 2024 11:00 pm

timklucinec wrote:

seanreflex trades:

Zac Gallen SP
Wyatt Langford OF (pros)

to timklucinec for:

Tim to confirm

Tim K

Tim told me via email he drops John Berti to complete this deal.

Trade hs been recorded.

Palmtana

PostThu Aug 22, 2024 12:44 am

seanreflex trades:

Zac Gallen SP
Wyatt Langford OF (pros)

to timklucinec for:

Tim to confirm

Nice job guys. That's a fair trade. Tim and I have chatted recently about him taking ownership of his KL teams. He has let me know that he wants to succeed. I suggested that he does more research on Players Available for drafts. Hopefully the days are gone where managers offer/bundle so-so players for Tim's FA and Supp. picks. TBD. Let's all support Tim as he puts more effort into his KL's.
PreviousNext

Return to Individual League Chat