GOML New Chat Thread

Moderator: Palmtana

• Author

Ninersphan

Re: GOML New Chat Thread

PostTue Mar 14, 2023 2:56 pm

Thanks Dave.

I wouldn’t unilaterally call for drops without putting it to a vote. Need to see how bad the issue is. I have a commitment tonight (every Tuesday actually) so I don’t think I’ll get to it until Wednesday night.

As for why it wasn’t enforced, previous administrations were very hands off and trusted the mangers to police themselves.

You can see how well that worked out.

:shock: :| :roll:

mlbphan

PostTue Mar 14, 2023 3:44 pm

If I remember correctly we had extended prospect promotion deadline by one year because of the pandemic. basically there was NO minor league season during 2020 if everyone remembers. there was only a MLB draft that year. I don’t remember if we voted to extend the promotions by one year or we just “agreed” because everyone thought it was a good idea. so 2020 prospects were not promoted during 2022 but would have to be this year. I believe 2019 prospects had to be promoted (or dropped) last year though.

Rick
mlbphan

FYI - the consensus among the group was that it wouldn’t have been fair to have to make a decision on a prospect that lost a year (2020) of development time so it was a “one off/temporary” suspension of the two year timeline solely based on the pandemic.
Last edited by mlbphan on Tue Mar 14, 2023 4:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Ninersphan

PostTue Mar 14, 2023 4:10 pm

mlbphan wrote:If I remember correctly we had extended prospect promotion deadline by one year because of the pandemic. basically there was NO minor league season during 2020 if everyone remembers. there was only a MLB draft that year. I don’t remember if we voted to extend the promotions by one year or we just “agreed” because everyone thought it was a good idea. so 2020 prospects were not promoted during 2022 but would have to be this year. I believe 2019 prospects had to be promoted (or dropped) last year though.

Rick
mlbphan

All well and good but doesn’t explain the 2019 pick not being promoted. And I haven’t checked to see if it’s only 1.

mlbphan

PostTue Mar 14, 2023 4:13 pm

All well and good but doesn’t explain the 2019 pick not being promoted. And I haven’t checked to see if it’s only 1.

that could’ve been a clerical oversight

Paul_Long71

PostTue Mar 14, 2023 7:44 pm

not sure what all the questions regarding the prospects are about. There is a tab on the League Website titled Prospect Drafts that shows every year's prospect drafts. You can see what year your prospect was drafted there.

lakeviewdave

PostTue Mar 14, 2023 8:30 pm

Updated list of availables, PM me if interested
CF Mike Trout $9.00
SS/OF Fernando Tatis
DH Eloy Jimenez $3.00
SS JP Crawford $3.24
1B Matt Olson $7.14
SPs Tyler Anderson $5.67, Tony Gonsolin $7.63, Framber Valdez $4.77, Ethan Small

Probably a few others would deal, just a few untouchables, looking for youth (players, prospect, picks) primarily

Ninersphan

PostTue Mar 14, 2023 9:49 pm

Paul_Long71 wrote:not sure what all the questions regarding the prospects are about. There is a tab on the League Website titled Prospect Drafts that shows every year's prospect drafts. You can see what year your prospect was drafted there.

Right and at least 1 prospect that was drafted in 2019 that should have been promoted and or released wasn’t. I haven’t to checked to see if there are more. If there are we need to decide how to handle it.

STEVE F

PostTue Mar 14, 2023 10:44 pm

mlbphan wrote:If I remember correctly we had extended prospect promotion deadline by one year because of the pandemic. basically there was NO minor league season during 2020 if everyone remembers. there was only a MLB draft that year. I don’t remember if we voted to extend the promotions by one year or we just “agreed” because everyone thought it was a good idea. so 2020 prospects were not promoted during 2022 but would have to be this year. I believe 2019 prospects had to be promoted (or dropped) last year though.

Rick
mlbphan

FYI - the consensus among the group was that it wouldn’t have been fair to have to make a decision on a prospect that lost a year (2020) of development time so it was a “one off/temporary” suspension of the two year timeline solely based on the pandemic.

This is correct to my knowledge

chasenally

PostTue Mar 14, 2023 11:20 pm

I do also.
The msaegse is waht mttares msot!

Paul_Long71

PostWed Mar 15, 2023 12:02 am

Ninersphan wrote:
Paul_Long71 wrote:not sure what all the questions regarding the prospects are about. There is a tab on the League Website titled Prospect Drafts that shows every year's prospect drafts. You can see what year your prospect was drafted there.

Right and at least 1 prospect that was drafted in 2019 that should have been promoted and or released wasn’t. I haven’t to checked to see if there are more. If there are we need to decide how to handle it.

I understand that and we need to deal with that. I was simply responding to the person(s) that asked how we know when we drafted our prospects in an earlier post
PreviousNext

Return to Individual League Chat