GMKL CHAT:

Moderator: Palmtana

• Author

Ninersphan

Re: GMKL General Managers Keeper League Chat

PostFri Sep 27, 2013 3:37 pm

the ghost of roger maris wrote:Ghost trades Jason Motte and 10th round free agent pick
for 9ers 9th round pick

I confirm and also send Eric O Flaherty to ghost to complete the deal...

the ghost of roger maris

PostFri Sep 27, 2013 4:59 pm

Ghost trades Justin Ruggiano and a 9th round FA pick to WJS6768 for his 7th round FA pick and drew stubbs
Last edited by the ghost of roger maris on Fri Sep 27, 2013 5:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
vivan Correcaminos! Andale! Andale!

WJS6768

PostFri Sep 27, 2013 5:03 pm

Ghost trades Justin Ruggiano and a 9th round FA pick to WJS6768 for his 7th round FA pick

Confirmed. WJS6768 sends Drew Stubbs to Ghost to complete the deal

lakeviewdave

PostSat Sep 28, 2013 4:27 pm

Lakeviewdave trades A.Laroche and 2014 8th FA to Ninersphan for 2014 4th FA.

Ninersphan to confirm.

Ninersphan

PostSun Sep 29, 2013 9:22 am

lakeviewdave wrote:Lakeviewdave trades A.Laroche and 2014 8th FA to Ninersphan for 2014 4th FA.

Ninersphan to confirm.

Confirmed and I drop Willie Bloomquist.

blsmith7

PostWed Oct 02, 2013 11:19 pm

How is it that Felix Hernandez, Zack Greinke, and Casey Fien are not on a roster? Just askin'?

lakeviewdave

PostThu Oct 03, 2013 8:00 am

They are on the bench waiting to be traded.

blsmith7

PostThu Oct 03, 2013 2:10 pm

lakeviewdave wrote:They are on the bench waiting to be traded.

I have never heard of that before in Strat (or in MLB for that matter).

If they are on your bench waiting to be traded for the last 4 days, that means that you are not putting you best roster out there for 12 games. I believe this has serious implications for the competitiveness of the league and is not in the best interests of the league.

Again, just my opinion, but they should be on your roster competing until a trade is consummated and confirmed.

Ninersphan

PostThu Oct 03, 2013 2:28 pm

blsmith7 wrote:
lakeviewdave wrote:They are on the bench waiting to be traded.

I have never heard of that before in Strat (or in MLB for that matter).

If they are on your bench waiting to be traded for the last 4 days, that means that you are not putting you best roster out there for 12 games. I believe this has serious implications for the competitiveness of the league and is not in the best interests of the league.

Again, just my opinion, but they should be on your roster competing until a trade is consummated and confirmed.

There is no specific rule against what lakeviewdave is doing, rule 9 from the general rules:

9) There are no specific rules against "roster dumping." Owners no longer in a pennant race can use their best judgement in determining the makeup of their team, provided that all general roster size limits are met. However, it is expected that all owners will act in the best interests of the game.

I do realize it also says "that owners act in the best interest of the game". I would simply contend that so long as he isn't moving guys back and forth to give one (or more) teams an advantage, he's free to set his line up any way he chooses. I haven't checked, but at this point in the season he should only be facing divisional opponents who will all see the same pitchers. Frankly it's no different than if those 3 players were all hurt, which is why I have no problem with it.

And it happens all the time in the MLB, teams out of the race start playing young guys from the minors to start getting them some experience, I believe there was a game the other night involving one of the 3 NL Central playoff teams, where the team they were playing only started 3 of their regulars and lost, which given how close that race was certianly affected the outcome.

lakeviewdave

PostThu Oct 03, 2013 2:47 pm

Its no different than trading away players for future value. Adam Laroche and Carlos Ruiz, I could have certainly kept to help team this year, but I am looking towards the next year and beyond. Since they are on my roster, I should be able to play who I want, as does anyone else. Its not just me that have traded away talent that could help them win this year for the future. Its no different that one not trading for a superstar at the beginning of the season to try and win this year. What's next, determine what settings you have to use for HAL? Like Ninersphan stated it happens all the time in MLB, and they don't get criticized for it.

I understand the issue, perhaps there should be some rules put into place that draft order is based on most wins by a team not in playoffs? Not that I would be for that rule as I see the way the league is setup is fine. Maybe a salary cap floor should be implemented at all times?
PreviousNext

Return to Individual League Chat