• Author

bigmahon

Re: USKL 3 Chat

PostMon Mar 10, 2014 7:21 am

Wow, Utley's value took a dive. Glad I resisted the temptation. :lol:

Ninersphan

PostMon Mar 10, 2014 7:27 am

Ninersphan wrote:I am working Monday - Thursday 8:30-3:30 this week and will not be around to watch over things and/or take proxies.
You can still send them, but send them to a second person as well.

And if you make trades look at them closely to see if they are unbalanced, I'll sort things out when I get back on, but please be careful.

Reminder 3 hour clock turns on at 10am

Ninersphan

PostMon Mar 10, 2014 3:48 pm

Ninersphan wrote:

BTW, Got a James Taylor song stuck in my head:

"Carolina in My Mind"...

Significant???

More to come. ;)

I can now explain this rather cryptic post as It's now official...

My wife has accepted the position of local advertising sales manager at FOX affiliate WGHP channel 8 in Greensboro North Carolina. She will be starting there on March 31. The rest of the family will be moving soon there after, depending on several factors, selling our house in Buffalo ( already have a buyer), finding a new house in NC, ( already have the school district picked out and several prospects ) packing up our belongings, ( most of which, I'll be doing by myself) and finally actually moving.

What's this mean for the league?? Hopefully nothing, but I could disappear for a few days once we get close to moving day. I'll keep you all posted.

The best news is, at least I'm now secure in the knowledge there will be a roof over our heads and food on our table. :D

Thanks to all of you for you thoughts, prayers and words of encouragement over the last 6 months.

nymets99

PostMon Mar 10, 2014 4:09 pm

Great news Bill. Good luck down in Carolina!!

Ninersphan

PostMon Mar 10, 2014 4:53 pm

Okay,

Sorry about the mess with the last 2 picks...

I screwed up :oops:

Qksilver made a deal with hkmossy (the previous owner of nymets99's team) that sent qksilvers 1st round pick to nymets and nymets' 5th round pick to qksilver. The complete details are on line 170 of the trades page on the league roster spread sheet. Anyway when I did the draft order, I somehow had pick 62 ( 6th rounder) as the number for the pick which was incorrect, it should have been pick #50. Again check the deal on the roster sheet.

Anyway, that's a long way of saying I had to take nymets' pick off the board and post qksilver's. Apologies to nymets99, I'm usually more on top of things. I've since corrected the draft order on the first post of the draft thread to reflect the correct picks involved in the deal.

The Turtle

PostMon Mar 10, 2014 5:35 pm

Seriously? No one wants one of these guys for a 5th or 6th rounder? How about a later pick?

Michael Bourn
Carlos Quentin
Alex Rodriguez
Lance Lynn
Rubby De La Rosa

Ninersphan

PostMon Mar 10, 2014 5:44 pm

The Turtle wrote:Seriously? No one wants one of these guys for a 5th or 6th rounder? How about a later pick?

Michael Bourn
Carlos Quentin
Alex Rodriguez
Lance Lynn
Rubby De La Rosa

In order, speaking for myself:

Michael Bourn - Not better than Fowler, so doesn't help

Carlos Quentin - If he wasn't a DH, and was at least a 4 I'd be mildly interested, but he isn't a 4 and therefore has to DH and I don't need a DH I need a LF

Alex Rodriguez - BLECH really?? He's been on the cut list in every other keeper I'm in.

Lance Lynn - Just a guy, I already have 2 of those in my rostation not an upgrade

Rubby De La Rosa - He's a prospect and I don't think enough of him to hope he'll develop while taking a spot on my 40 when there are guys in the draft I like better

Ninersphan

PostMon Mar 10, 2014 5:52 pm

Gonna be offline from 6:30-8:15 tonight...be good ;)

Palmtana

PostMon Mar 10, 2014 7:23 pm

Ninersphan wrote:The best news is, at least I'm now secure in the knowledge there will be a roof over our heads and food on our table. :D

That's wonderful Bill! All things good come to those who hang in there.

The Turtle

PostMon Mar 10, 2014 7:27 pm

Ninersphan wrote:
The Turtle wrote:Seriously? No one wants one of these guys for a 5th or 6th rounder? How about a later pick?

Michael Bourn
Carlos Quentin
Alex Rodriguez
Lance Lynn
Rubby De La Rosa

In order, speaking for myself:

Michael Bourn - Not better than Fowler, so doesn't help

Carlos Quentin - If he wasn't a DH, and was at least a 4 I'd be mildly interested, but he isn't a 4 and therefore has to DH and I don't need a DH I need a LF

Alex Rodriguez - BLECH really?? He's been on the cut list in every other keeper I'm in.

Lance Lynn - Just a guy, I already have 2 of those in my rostation not an upgrade

Rubby De La Rosa - He's a prospect and I don't think enough of him to hope he'll develop while taking a spot on my 40 when there are guys in the draft I like better

All true. Bourn I thought someone might gamble on. He could be a 6M player again next season. A-Rod? He can start at 3rd in a pinch, but the suspension next season hurts. Quentin getting a 5 hurt me too. I needed LF as well. (Had to grab Van Slyke of all guys) That said, any of the above can be had for bullpen help, 2M+ type of guys.
PreviousNext

Return to Individual League Chat