D2D trash talk and draft comments thread

Moderator: Palmtana

• Author

The Turtle

Re: D2D trash talk and draft comments thread

PostFri Mar 11, 2022 6:36 pm

I have two questions, and they are perhaps related:

1) If I have a non-carded prospect who is out of my two year window of player control, do I have to promote him to be one of my 30 player slots or let him go back into the prospect pool? If I promote him, does he count as one of my 20 keepers?

Yes, he would be one of your 20. (right, Covid messed this all up, so if I am wrong let me know. I got a bunch of these guys)

2) If I have a player on my major league roster that I want to keep, but he sucked in 2021, so his card is terrible; can I keep him on my 30 man roster, but NOT keep his card on my roster in-league? And he is protected from anyone else adding him off waivers during the season?

Yes, he could be one of your eventual 30 but you don't have to have him on the 25-man active roster

lev.cohen

PostFri Mar 11, 2022 7:04 pm

Hamilton17 wrote:I have two questions, and they are perhaps related:

1) If I have a non-carded prospect who is out of my two year window of player control, do I have to promote him to be one of my 30 player slots or let him go back into the prospect pool? If I promote him, does he count as one of my 20 keepers?

2) If I have a player on my major league roster that I want to keep, but he sucked in 2021, so his card is terrible; can I keep him on my 30 man roster, but NOT keep his card on my roster in-league? And he is protected from anyone else adding him off waivers during the season?

A further (perhaps obvious but still worth saying) tip: make sure you have enough carded players (and enough pitchers/2 catchers) to field a legal SOM team. You don't want to keep a bunch of uncarded prospects only to realize late in the draft that you don't have enough carded players.

seanreflex

PostFri Mar 11, 2022 7:08 pm

Hey Lev - I sent you a PM.

dc irish

PostFri Mar 11, 2022 7:29 pm

The Turtle wrote:I have two questions, and they are perhaps related:

Yes, he would be one of your 20. (right, Covid messed this all up, so if I am wrong let me know. I got a bunch of these guys)

Yes, he could be one of your eventual 30 but you don't have to have him on the 25-man active roster

I think legal SOM rosters are 25 players this year? So, another obvious point to be made but worth making, is that would limit a team to 5 uncarded players to carry, either prospects or injured players...

Paul_Long71

PostSat Mar 12, 2022 1:05 pm

yes, due to the 1-year amnesty of being allowed to keep 14 prospects, this year is going to result in a lot of prospects either being promoted or cut. You must have 25 carded players (and enough pitchers, etc....) to put into your autodraft. Thus you can only have 5 uncarded players. Some really tough decisions could be out there.

The Turtle

PostSat Mar 12, 2022 7:56 pm

The Turtle trades

Jarred Walsh, 1B

to Eddie E

for

Josh Jung (prospect)
Francisco Meija C

Eddie to confirm

I will drop Bo Naylor from my prospect list for the time being to be legal before I officially post my drops.

Eddie E

PostSat Mar 12, 2022 9:31 pm

The Turtle trades

Jarred Walsh, 1B

to Eddie E

for

Josh Jung (prospect)
Francisco Meija C

Eddie to confirm

I will drop Bo Naylor from my prospect list for the time being to be legal before I officially post my drops.

I confirm

Dr.Publix

PostSun Mar 13, 2022 8:58 pm

Trade announcement

Dr. Publix trades

Trevor Larnach
Ryan Weathers
‘22 2nd round prospect pick

To the Turtle for

Tony Watson
Steven Duggar

Turtle to confirm

The Turtle

PostSun Mar 13, 2022 11:26 pm

Dr.Publix wrote:Trade announcement

Dr. Publix trades

Trevor Larnach
Ryan Weathers
‘22 2nd round prospect pick

To the Turtle for

Tony Watson
Steven Duggar

Turtle to confirm

Confirmed and will promote Weathers and Larnach to the main roster
Last edited by The Turtle on Tue Mar 15, 2022 4:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

paul j kiggins

PostMon Mar 14, 2022 6:43 pm

are we doing drops now?
PreviousNext

Return to Individual League Chat