D2D trash talk and draft comments thread

Moderator: Palmtana

• Author

oldmansmith2

Re: D2D trash talk and draft comments thread

PostWed Apr 06, 2022 12:24 pm

Paul_Long71 wrote:
Roscodog wrote:
oldmansmith2 wrote:Paul I would like to forfeit my last 2 picks in the free agent draft and promote prospects Mitch White and Brandon Marsh instead. Thanks.

Prospect promotions have to be done prior to draft.
You can however trade a player to open a roster spot and then promote a player.

This is correct. Prospect promotions have to be done prior. and the second part is correct as well. Promotions can occur when you trade and drop below 30 on your roster.

Does it say that in the rules somewhere about the distinction between a trade opening up a spot and choosing not to make your last couple draft picks which you already confirmed I could do?

Hamilton17

PostWed Apr 06, 2022 12:35 pm

I know that I'm new, but what difference does it make whether he promotes a prospect to his active 30-man roster or not during the draft?

Is it because it essentially trades 7/8 round picks in the FA draft for 7/8 picks in the "prospect draft" so he gets to replenish his roster from different sources?

I'm not sure I fully understand the rationale for the rule here, but if it is explained I'll take the education!

oldmansmith2

PostWed Apr 06, 2022 12:35 pm

It's not like roscodog had a full 30 man roster when he made the 2 for 1 trade but he was allowed to make the promotion even though the draft had started and prospect promotions were done. Hey but if the distinction is in the rules than I have no problem with it.

Eddie E

PostWed Apr 06, 2022 12:37 pm

Delaware Blue Rocks trade:

SP Deivi Garcia and 2023 third rd prospect pick

to Victorlogo for:

2022 1st rd prospect pick (#6)

Victor to confirm

Paul_Long71

PostWed Apr 06, 2022 12:42 pm

Prospects are promoted prior to the seasonal drafts. In this case by promoting the prospect now, he would gain back a pick in the prospect draft that he had already forfeited by having more prospects than picks.

This is what I said (or confirmed) would happen. Randy has 8 prospects and had 3 picks in the draft. I said he could keep the 8 but would forfeit the 3rd draft pick in the prospect draft as it would take him over the allowed 10 prospects.

I don't know what the line "which you already confirmed I could do" is referring to unless it is what I just mentioned above.

Paul_Long71

PostWed Apr 06, 2022 12:45 pm

oldmansmith2 wrote:It's not like roscodog had a full 30 man roster when he made the 2 for 1 trade but he was allowed to make the promotion even though the draft had started and prospect promotions were done. Hey but if the distinction is in the rules than I have no problem with it.

every "distinction" and quirk is not in the rules....they'd be awfully long.

All prospect promotions need to be made prior to the FA draft....I said this several times when we were making cuts/promotions. I explained the reason for it (that it affects how many picks you get in the upcoming prospect draft)

It does state that a prospect can be promoted due to a roster dropping below 30 (due to trades, etc...)

Hamilton17

PostWed Apr 06, 2022 12:47 pm

Paul_Long71 wrote:Prospects are promoted prior to the seasonal drafts. In this case by promoting the prospect now, he would gain back a pick in the prospect draft that he had already forfeited by having more prospects than picks.

This is what I said (or confirmed) would happen. Randy has 8 prospects and had 3 picks in the draft. I said he could keep the 8 but would forfeit the 3rd draft pick in the prospect draft as it would take him over the allowed 10 prospects.

I don't know what the line "which you already confirmed I could do" is referring to unless it is what I just mentioned above.

Thank you, Paul. This makes sense to me.

So if I had 7 prospects that I wanted to keep, I would only have rounds 1, 2, and 3 of the prospect draft; so I could NOT trade my 4th or 5th round prospect pick.

All perfectly clear from this side. Thank you!

oldmansmith2

PostWed Apr 06, 2022 12:51 pm

Paul_Long71 wrote:
oldmansmith2 wrote:It's not like roscodog had a full 30 man roster when he made the 2 for 1 trade but he was allowed to make the promotion even though the draft had started and prospect promotions were done. Hey but if the distinction is in the rules than I have no problem with it.

every "distinction" and quirk is not in the rules....they'd be awfully long.

All prospect promotions need to be made prior to the FA draft....I said this several times when we were making cuts/promotions. I explained the reason for it (that it affects how many picks you get in the upcoming prospect draft)

It does state that a prospect can be promoted due to a roster dropping below 30 (due to trades, etc...)

Don't understand how rosco's trade dropped him below 30. He had made 1 FA pick and was at 21 I believe.

VICTORLOGOTHETIS

PostWed Apr 06, 2022 12:55 pm

Eddie E wrote:Delaware Blue Rocks trade:

SP Deivi Garcia and 2023 third rd prospect pick

to Victorlogo for:

2022 1st rd prospect pick (#6)

Victor to confirm

Confirmed

oldmansmith2

PostWed Apr 06, 2022 1:28 pm

oldmansmith2 wrote:I have traded my 2nd and 4th round free agent picks in the upcoming draft. Do I get picks at the end of the draft in order to get to 30 players? And if I do, do I have the option of not making those picks as long as I meet all strat roster requirements?

This is the question I asked. I wanted to make sure I was able to make my last 2 picks to get to 30 since I had traded away 2 picks. I also wanted to know if I could choose not to make those picks so i would be at 28 when the draft was over therefore having 2 open roster spots. The answer I got was yes and yes. And when Roscodog made his 2 for one trade and was allowed to promote his prospect even though the draft had begun and promotions had concluded, this just confirmed for me that I would be able to make 2 promotions at the end of the draft. The rule says prospects cannot be promoted during the regular season unless there is a roster spot open.
PreviousNext

Return to Individual League Chat