PostWed Apr 06, 2022 1:47 pm

pm'd ya oldmansmith.

dc irish

Re: D2D trash talk and draft comments thread

PostWed Apr 06, 2022 1:51 pm

TRADE ANNOUNCEMENT:

DcIrish Trades:
2022 Prospect Pick #7
2023 Fourth Round Prospect Pick (Rosco's)

To Hamilton for:

Nick Gonzales (prospect)
2023 Second Round Prospect Pick

Joseph to confirm!

Eddie E

PostWed Apr 06, 2022 1:55 pm

As far as the promoting of prospects after the draft starts: There are ways to game the system by keeping a prospect down and holding onto a nice trade chip on your major roster. Then you make a trade and go ahead and promote the prospect. We should (in the future) NOT ALLOW any prospect promotions once the draft starts. Set your roster before the draft and make the tough decisions then. This would clearly simplify things and reduce the need for extra rules addendums.

Hamilton17

PostWed Apr 06, 2022 1:58 pm

dc irish wrote:TRADE ANNOUNCEMENT:

DcIrish Trades:
2022 Prospect Pick #7
2023 Fourth Round Prospect Pick (Rosco's)

To Hamilton for:

Nick Gonzales (prospect)
2023 Second Round Prospect Pick

Joseph to confirm!

Yes, we did this. Thank you. I'll post my prospect selection shortly.

Paul_Long71

PostWed Apr 06, 2022 3:18 pm

to any of you that were following oldmansmith's questions earlier. Here is the post that he mentions:

I have traded my 2nd and 4th round free agent picks in the upcoming draft. Do I get picks at the end of the draft in order to get to 30 players? And if I do, do I have the option of not making those picks as long as I meet all strat roster requirements?

to which I replied yes....and yes.

Randy then (incorrectly) assumed that since that would leave him at 28 he would be able to promote prospects at that time. This is not the case...you can't wait to promote. that would allow people to see if they liked what was left or not and circumvent the prospect cuts/promotions etc...

I think that a work-around (FOR THIS CASE)... is to let the new player (oldmansmith) promote 1 prospect without also allowing him to recover that prospect pick. I hope that is amenable to all. I think that being new to the league he didn't know that we have talked many times about the fact that the only times to promote are during the cuts/promotions phase and to recover from an uneven trade.

thanks....Paul

oldmansmith2

PostWed Apr 06, 2022 3:29 pm

Paul_Long71 wrote:to any of you that were following oldmansmith's questions earlier. Here is the post that he mentions:

I have traded my 2nd and 4th round free agent picks in the upcoming draft. Do I get picks at the end of the draft in order to get to 30 players? And if I do, do I have the option of not making those picks as long as I meet all strat roster requirements?

to which I replied yes....and yes.

Randy then (incorrectly) assumed that since that would leave him at 28 he would be able to promote prospects at that time. This is not the case...you can't wait to promote. that would allow people to see if they liked what was left or not and circumvent the prospect cuts/promotions etc...

I think that a work-around (FOR THIS CASE)... is to let the new player (oldmansmith) promote 1 prospect without also allowing him to recover that prospect pick. I hope that is amenable to all. I think that being new to the league he didn't know that we have talked many times about the fact that the only times to promote are during the cuts/promotions phase and to recover from an uneven trade.

thanks....Paul

That's acceptable to me if it's OK with everyone. sorry to have made the incorrect assumption. Just to be clear, it's ok for me to trade a rostered player away at some point before the season and if I only get a draft pick in return I would then be able to promote another prospect (basically what roscodog did)? Thanks for everyone's patience

Roscodog

PostWed Apr 06, 2022 4:06 pm

I’m in 8 keeper leagues. My experience is that every league handles it differently. Some leagues you’d have to wait until after the FA draft to do so. Others may not allow it at all.

seanreflex

PostWed Apr 06, 2022 4:40 pm

your proposed compromise is reasonable Paul. Giving a little latitude to a new manager is reasonable and part of your discretion as the commissioner (an outstanding commissioner, IMHO, BTW).

Eddie E

PostWed Apr 06, 2022 4:48 pm

Kiss,Kiss LOL

seanreflex

PostWed Apr 06, 2022 11:37 pm

Eddie E wrote:Kiss,Kiss LOL
. :lol: :lol: :D

Trying to make up for all the work I create for him with my trading habit!!
PreviousNext

Return to Individual League Chat