KellysHeroes

Re: OKTOBERFEST - AL-ONLY FRANCHISE SELECTION

PostSun Aug 18, 2024 8:26 pm

Please make sure you leave the White Sox for me!!!! LOL

oldmansmith2

PostSun Aug 18, 2024 8:32 pm

KellysHeroes wrote:Please make sure you leave the White Sox for me!!!! LOL

You have my word I won't take them on you at 11th.

unctarheel

PostSun Aug 18, 2024 8:36 pm

No promises on the KC thing, so you better trade up if you want them that badly :-)

KellysHeroes

PostSun Aug 18, 2024 10:14 pm

Draft order for AL franchise selection is as follows:
1. Terry101- NY Yankees
2. Palmtana - Baltimore Orioles
3. mykbr1 - Seattle Mariners
4. jflatour99
5. pauljkiggins
6. tcochran
7. Dr. Publix
8. baseball cfo
9. WJS6768
10. unctarheel
11. oldmansmith
12. KellysHeroes

tcochran

PostSun Aug 18, 2024 10:44 pm

Palmtana wrote:If one of my 4 franchise players is traded in the off-season in real MLB (SP Burnes of Balt. for example), I'll then have 3 franchise players. We can pick another franchise player before the FA draft each year, which would bring my team back to 4 franchise players under this scenario.

Are we required to have at least 4 franchise players at all times, or could I just play with the 3 and take my bonus FA pick?

At the moment, there is no requirement to hold any players from your MLB franchise after the first year. It's been proposed that we require a "core of four" (or something similar), but we'll need to vote on that at some later date.

Dr.Publix

PostSun Aug 18, 2024 11:03 pm

tcochran wrote:
Palmtana wrote:If one of my 4 franchise players is traded in the off-season in real MLB (SP Burnes of Balt. for example), I'll then have 3 franchise players. We can pick another franchise player before the FA draft each year, which would bring my team back to 4 franchise players under this scenario.

Are we required to have at least 4 franchise players at all times, or could I just play with the 3 and take my bonus FA pick?

At the moment, there is no requirement to hold any players from your MLB franchise after the first year. It's been proposed that we require a "core of four" (or something similar), but we'll need to vote on that at some later date.

Thus you could theoretically end up with no Orioles in ‘24 if you so chose. (Not that you would choose to drop Henderson or Rutschman, etc. but other teams don’t have the same kind of core.)

Also, Burnes is carded to Milwaukee in ‘23 so whoever drafts the Brewers in the NL draft will have the rights to him. And if they use him this year, they’ll be able to keep him for next year but have to move him to their AL team.

(Right, Terry?)

I don’t love the idea of the core of four because so few players are consistent every year. And there’s so much player movement. But I do like the idea of having to have a certain number of players from your franchise each year (Not necessarily the same ones though.) that can be taken at any point throughout the player draft.

jflatour99

PostSun Aug 18, 2024 11:09 pm

KellysHeroes wrote:Draft order for AL franchise selection is as follows:
1. Terry101- NY Yankees
4. jflatour99 - Boston Red Sox
5. pauljkiggins
6. tcochran
7. Dr. Publix
8. baseball cfo
9. WJS6768
10. unctarheel
11. oldmansmith
12. KellysHeroes

paul j kiggins

PostSun Aug 18, 2024 11:26 pm

Draft order for AL franchise selection is as follows:
1. Terry101- NY Yankees
4. jflatour99 - Boston Red Sox
5. pauljkiggins - Houstin Astros
6. tcochran
7. Dr. Publix
8. baseball cfo
9. WJS6768
10. unctarheel
11. oldmansmith
12. KellysHeroes

Palmtana

PostSun Aug 18, 2024 11:58 pm

Thank you, Dr.Publix, for the C. Burnes/Milwaukee heads up. I agree that there should be a minimum # of franchise players on our teams that don't have to be the same guys year to year. Otherwise it's not a Franchise League. Terry, when do we post our 4 keepers? Should we be doing that now with our franchise selection?

oldmansmith2

PostMon Aug 19, 2024 9:12 am

I'm ok with a small number of required franchise players (4 would make sense since we're picking 4 initially). Any more than that and I think it will be tough to compete with the weaker franchises. Imagine trying to get to 110mil with the Blue Jays or White sox next year if we're required to draft 6 or 8 of them. To me the rules as they are now means you can compete even if you're drafting 12th for your franchise. I realize that it's not really a "franchise" league but that's why I wanted to join.
PreviousNext

Return to Individual League Chat