D2D trash talk and draft comments thread

Moderator: Palmtana

• Author

bigmahon

Re: D2D trash talk and draft comments thread

PostSun Feb 21, 2016 11:38 am

willmurr24 wrote:IT IS NOT THAT HARD TO BELIEVE THAT ONLY A YEAR HAS PASSED SINCE WE MOVED TO THE STADIUM PART OF OUR DRAFT. NOW THAT THE 2017 CARDS ARE OUT, DID YOU SEE THAT ROUGHNED ODOR CARD 55 HRS,22 TRIPLES MVP AND THAT GREAT NY POST HEADLINE ' ODOR DON'T STINK'.
WITH TRUMP IN THE WHITE HOUSE AND HILLARY IN THE BIG HOUSE IT HAS BEEN A GOOD YEAR EXCEPT FOR OUR DRAFT BOGGING DOWN LIKE A DESERT WAR. PEYTON MANNING CAME BACK AND WON ANOTHER SUPER BOWL, TIGER CAME BACK AND WON ANOTHER MASTERS AND DAVID BOWIE CAME BACK AND STARTED ANOTHER RELIGION.
OTHER STRAT LEAGUES EXCELLED . IN MY ' 2015 KEEPERS NO INFIELDERS LEAGUE ' I TOOK THE TITLE. AND MLB HAD AN UNBELIEVABLE STATISTICAL YEAR WITH ALL KINDS OF RECORDS BEING SHATTERED ,WITH OF COURSE THE NEAR TRAGIC REVELATION OF MASSIVE STEROID ABUSE AMONG OFFICIAL SCORERS LEAVING THE ENTIRE SEASON UNDER A CLOUD.

AND NOW WE FIND ,JUST WEEKS BEFORE THE PROJECTED ENDING OF OUR 2015 STADIUM DRAFT THAT THE CHINESE HAVE BOUGHT STRAT. MADE THEM AN OFFER THEY DON'T CONFUSE, AND OUR ONLINE FANTASY PLAYLAND IS TO BECOME AN ALL YOU CAN EAT ASIAN BUFFET ,WHILE THE CHINESE USE HAL TO RUN THEIR NUCLEAR SUBMARINE FLEET

Medication time! :lol:

rburgh

PostSun Feb 21, 2016 2:04 pm

I sure hope that all you guys who are so insistent that we keep the draft moving are right there with your picks when your turn comes up the rest of the way. My impression is that Willmurr and Turtle have both been consistently rather slow, but I could well be mistaken.

willmurr24

PostSun Feb 21, 2016 2:08 pm

SLOW NOT ABSENT LIFE GOES ON HOURS CAN BE MISSED DAYS MAYBE NOT

The Turtle

PostSun Feb 21, 2016 2:12 pm

rburgh wrote:I sure hope that all you guys who are so insistent that we keep the draft moving are right there with your picks when your turn comes up the rest of the way. My impression is that Willmurr and Turtle have both been consistently rather slow, but I could well be mistaken.

Outside of the first 2 picks, I would venture, that my pick hasn't taken more than 15-20 minutes each time and more than a few times within 5 minutes. So :P

gbrookes

PostSun Feb 21, 2016 2:34 pm

I'm really more interested in how Michael is doing with the emergency , to be honest... The draft is moving fine from my perspective . It just takes time

fredpaii

PostSun Feb 21, 2016 2:37 pm

gbrookes wrote:I'm really more interested in how Michael is doing with the emergency , to be honest... The draft is moving fine from my perspective . It just takes time

Yeah, whatever Michael has going on at the hospital can't be good times.

Dr.Publix

PostSun Feb 21, 2016 2:46 pm

I don't know if you're referring to me Wilmurr, but I'm not at all absent. I've been ready to make my next pick ever since I made my last one. I'm only waiting because Ghost has repeatedly indicated that the stadium draft should happen between rounds 15 and 16 and not during either. If he gives me the go ahead, I'll gladly get the player draft rolling again. But it's not my decision to make so I'm just waiting for the stadium draft to finish. Me picking a player wouldn't speed up the stadium draft anyway though.

And all the best to Michael and his family as well.

The Turtle

PostSun Feb 21, 2016 3:09 pm

Dr.Publix wrote: I'm only waiting because Ghost has repeatedly indicated that the stadium draft should happen between rounds 15 and 16 and not during either. If he gives me the go ahead, I'll gladly get the player draft rolling again. But it's not my decision to make so I'm just waiting for the stadium draft to finish. Me picking a player wouldn't speed up the stadium draft anyway though.

I just asked why we were waiting and not doing both. But, no one has said. Makes no sense to pause the FA draft. Heck, we could have done stadium draft in another thread. I had hoped we would finish before the online cards/prices came out so no one in the middle of a round gained an advantage by knowing pricing. We motored through about 12 rounds, then it has been slow. Although, if we come back to Michael and wait, that is understandable. There are more important things than this draft.

Paul_Long71

PostSun Feb 21, 2016 4:59 pm

guess we will wait for ghost to make the call on starting the FA draft in conjunction with the Stadium draft.

Unless I missed something, pricing has no effect on this draft as the salary cap is 200M which means salary is negligible, right?

The Turtle

PostSun Feb 21, 2016 5:34 pm

Paul_Long71 wrote:guess we will wait for ghost to make the call on starting the FA draft in conjunction with the Stadium draft.

Unless I missed something, pricing has no effect on this draft as the salary cap is 200M which means salary is negligible, right?

Salary is not that important (except as an extra valuation), but the cards are and I assume not everyone has the ratings disk. But after 15 rounds, it shouldn't matter too much.
PreviousNext

Return to Individual League Chat