GMKL Chat/Trades

Moderator: Palmtana

• Author

Palmtana

Re: GMKL Chat/Trades

PostTue Apr 18, 2023 10:14 am

Thanks for picking another player, Brian.

blsmith7

PostTue Apr 18, 2023 11:51 am

fredpaii wrote:
blsmith7 wrote:Way to create a false equivalency Fred. These are obviously two different scenarios and no one is asking for preferential treatment. But I'll abdicate my legitimate pick in the name of harmony and pick someone else and I'm sure Bob will get the language cleaned up.

It's the same rule. The only difference is that Bill and Terry's picks would be the ones directly affected by a vote. Once approved I would keep Holliday as my pick to begin with.

What I really liked was the "I'll take my ball and go home if I don't get my way" aspect of the exchange. Just because it is the same rule does not make the scenarios the same. They are different aspects of the same rule, but they are not the same. Your situation was an aspect of decency in that individuals did not understand the rule regarding who was signed by a ML organization. Clarity and decency called for making sure it was understood by all, as it obviously wasn't given that two individuals made the same error. I had the last pick of the draft and chose a player who was available at the start of the draft to everyone. You could have chosen him with any of your three draft picks and I would have supported that. You are questioning the decision regarding my pick because you didn't get your way on another matter not relevant in my case. But whatever...I'll choose someone else and I don't really care that much because it's a fantasy game I engage in for enjoyment.

chilliards

PostTue Apr 18, 2023 12:24 pm

My opinion.... draft was reset due to the clarification (I was on deck and ready, reset delayed pick a day and cost me my choice....I took my lump)......later in the draft, prior to choosing, I would check baseball reference on a player to see if a game was played in MLB.....I never thought to check the date of any game .....Taj was one of those, however, I would have likely passed on him anyway. And looking back, his first start was announced on the 11th prior to our prospect draft.....so the window was tight. Just my take on it.

Palmtana

PostSun Jun 25, 2023 3:11 pm

Keith and Neil left for drops.

Palmtana

PostMon Jun 26, 2023 4:23 pm

fredpaii wrote:I'm waiting for Brian to get back to me before making my pick. Please check PM's.

fredpaii

PostWed Jun 28, 2023 1:33 am

Luis Guillorme ($4.70) is available. Guillorme is a 2B-1e3 and 3B-2e8. Looking for a decent pitcher for next year. Starter or relief.

blsmith7

PostWed Jun 28, 2023 9:15 am

If anyone is paying attention this morning...I had originally drafted Isaac Paredes, but then realized he is on KLX's roster (but spelled incorrectly). I then pivoted to Moniak.

Palmtana

PostWed Jun 28, 2023 10:56 am

Always here Brian. Thanks for the spellcheck. Fixed.

the splinter

PostWed Jun 28, 2023 11:34 am

Too bad…I was hoping Mickey would fall to me

Jerlins

PostWed Jun 28, 2023 1:06 pm

Anyone in need of a quality RFer for next year, let's talk! Have 5 good ones:

Betts
Tatis
Verdugo
J. Lowe
L. Thomas

Looking for a comparable LFer or 2nd baseman. Also have a few extras at 3rd and SS I can move as well. Minor trade or blockbuster, open for anything really.
PreviousNext

Return to Individual League Chat