NLD35 - The NLD Lives on!

Moderator: Palmtana

• Author

BigAlric

Re: NLD35 - LD on New Site! - Smokey is up

PostThu Apr 17, 2014 5:35 am

Semper Gumby wrote:
joethejet wrote:It would appear that Smokey and Jeep are both looking at LH teams. At least I think given the pens and the lineups so far. In a variance from most NLDs, none of the early parks taken have been LH parks. Usually that's the first one to go!

LH parks are for woosies and liberals :o

Real men take RH parks ;)

Real men are liberals!

Stoney18

Re: NLD35 - LD on New Site! - Corky is up

PostThu Apr 17, 2014 6:37 am

I think Joe was concerned about the clock settings and when it started. I started the draft again.

gbrookes

PostThu Apr 17, 2014 7:35 am

Corky wrote:
gbrookes wrote:Arryl T and Corky - there's an expression that I hear in business, especially dealing with tax authorities - people call it "hurry up and wait". I agree that this draft is better than some recent ones. We've had some drafts where there's been a day or 2 where we've waited for a pick to be made. I meant what I said, I really think that this draft is going well!

I really honestly wondered if I'm holding things up, and if so , then I can take a bow for next time. But it doesn't feel like I'm holding it up any more than anyone else - every now and again, things interfere with strat, or something goes wrong with a pick. I meant everything I said. And I am a ditz with somethings sometimes.

But if it's ok, then great. If not, I'll take a bow for next time. Not a problem. I'm actually really enjoying this particular draft a lot with the new card set.

GB,
Not sure why you think I was singling out you. You have usually picked within your limits this draft and the previous drafts as well. I thought I was pretty specific with my complaints. You really didn't fit any of them. But lets not kid ourselves and say this is going great, far from it. Those delays you mentioned about in previous drafts are mostly from the first round with no clock. Then it would speed up afterwards with the clock on. Those day long delays of a day or two were impossible after that with the clock on. Everybody here is busy and life of course takes precedence, we all know that. But I also try to be fair to everyone here and do my best to check in as much as possible, even at work during break periods. Not to be gross but it could be as quick as it takes me to use the bathroom. Log in, check the status, log back out. I know you do the same, so please do not think I was referring to you in any way. I know your resume here and its quite impressive, I really think you are one of the best in the 20XX game. Your 3 trophies in a row in here are a testament to that and something I think will not be duplicated. I would hate it if you were to bow out as I love competing against the best.

Now enough of that, there has been more communication of late and that's a good thing. Lets move forward and enjoy the rest of the draft, however long it may take.

OK, thanks Corky. I appreciate your comments back on this. :)

And it's certainly fair for you to say that this is moving a little too slowly for your liking.

Despite my ditziness (seriously), I really think I finally have the hang of this site now. :?

Arryl, I think it's great if you just load up as many proxies as you can, and we'll get as far as we can - thanks. Maybe we'll get through lots of rounds right about now. Onwards an upwards! 8-)

Semper Gumby

PostThu Apr 17, 2014 9:26 am

We're sounding awfully like the pampered ladies on "Housewives of Beverly Hills" :o

Draft process complaints: 200+ posts :x

Baseball banter: 5 :x

Raul Ibanez is great deal for a DH at $2.32M especially that he hits LHPs too. Raul's 8 BPHRs diamonds and ~7 natural HRs shall play well in this league.

I ranked Joe Nathan #4 among the top relievers (#3 being Kimbrel). Joe's been solid on the back-end of the bullpen in my F2F league.

Overall, I'm surprised at a few picks. Of course, it will be fun to see how several teams draft a few "shaping" piece players.

I expect the pres-season adjustments will be plenty by a few of you. :D :D

Corky

PostThu Apr 17, 2014 9:47 am

Semper all riled up after his Lucille Roberts stint last night! :lol:

Semper Gumby

PostThu Apr 17, 2014 10:06 am

Corky wrote:Semper all riled up after his Lucille Roberts stint last night! :lol:

Seriously, you didn't just drop the Lucille Roberts card on me?

And, this is coming from a team owner who drafted a Coco, a Homer, a Kole, and a Jordy. :lol:

I can't wait to find that "3" column on Neil's card ;)

Jeepdriver

PostThu Apr 17, 2014 10:18 am

Well I know I've been one of the complainers, but I'm also here checking the draft most of the day and it gets frustrating to see some of the things that's happened. No use to recap. I would also like to point out it's easy to assume the draft is running smoothly when you're never here checking in. ;)

I'm not going to say one more thing and I can guanantee you'll never here me complain again because all this back and forth stuff isn't worth it. I'll play this league but it's going to be my last one.

Corky

PostThu Apr 17, 2014 10:31 am

Semper Gumby wrote:
Corky wrote:Semper all riled up after his Lucille Roberts stint last night! :lol:

Seriously, you didn't just drop the Lucille Roberts card on me?

And, this is coming from a team owner who drafted a Coco, a Homer, a Kole, and a Jordy. :lol:

I can't wait to find that "3" column on Neil's card ;)

Even though Neil isn't as big a part of my offense on this squad as last, I think I'll bat him 4th against you just for kicks. In the meantime I'll enjoy watching you try to trade Pedroia to some desperate soul. :mrgreen:

Corky

PostThu Apr 17, 2014 10:35 am

Jeep,

Check your PM.

gbrookes

PostThu Apr 17, 2014 10:35 am

Jeep, I'd be really sad to see you depart!

Re spider , I don't have a problem with him fixing the pick.
PreviousNext

Return to Individual League Chat