NLD35 - The NLD Lives on!

Moderator: Palmtana

• Author

joethejet

Re: NLD35 - LD on New Site! - Smokey is up

PostThu Apr 17, 2014 11:26 am

Hey Guys,

I didn't pause the draft. That admin page is flaky. It put the times slices back on too and I took those off. Admins, when you make a change,go back and doublecheck everything because it seems to put "defaults" back on.

If no one is going to complain, I'll fix Spider's Cain/Cain swap.

Semper, there have been some surprising picks in this draft. In just this round I was surprised by AT taking another SS (actually, I was hoping to get Acides, but you took him well before I was ready to) and Chase taking Campana when he already has Choo and Marte. I guess he'll DH Campana. And, as always, there are always surprises left in the pool when all is said and done.

I'm driving into work now so I'll check in in 20 minutes. If no one complains, I'll switch Spider's picks then.

Semper Gumby

PostThu Apr 17, 2014 11:32 am

joethejet wrote:Hey Guys,

I didn't pause the draft. That admin page is flaky. It put the times slices back on too and I took those off. Admins, when you make a change,go back and doublecheck everything because it seems to put "defaults" back on.

I accessed the admin screen last night when the system stalled on Corky's pick(s) at 21:30 Chicago time. The program logic seemed puzzled by the late evening window time limit.

In the past, I've been able to reset and restart the clock without issue.

Stoney18

PostThu Apr 17, 2014 11:49 am

Semper, we've have a few changes in the setup as we've learned more about the draft.

Originally is was set for 3 hour slices but with a start/end time. That's what was confusing about resetting the clock. Taking that setting off did resolve that issue and set the draft deadline as 3 hours from the last pick made but within the start/stop times we have set. We should not need to reset the clock anymore.

For example, when I restarted the draft this morning it took Corky's proxies which is ok since we allow drafting in "off" hours but the next deadline was 12pm (3 hours from the start time of 9am) not 3 hours from the last pick.

I think this is where we want it to be. Joe had a question yesterday about where to set the start/stop times since we're dealing with multiple time zones. I'll let him cover that.

Semper Gumby

Re: NLD35 - LD on New Site! - Corky is up

PostThu Apr 17, 2014 11:51 am

Jeepdriver wrote:I'm not going to say one more thing and I can guanantee you'll never here me complain again because all this back and forth stuff isn't worth it. I'll play this league but it's going to be my last one.

Hey - we're all great at complaining. It's a skill we've honed and mastered to perfection. My wife says I should teach a graduate level class titled "You're wrong, I'm right"

Life gets in the way of drafting -- we get that challenge and adjust accordingly (weekend no time limits). When patience runs short, we've skipped slow drafting owners only to backtrack when that owner threatened to quit the draft.

If we talked more baseball and critiqued the picks more, I could care less how long the draft ran. I enjoy the draftsmanship over the speed - 100 times from Sunday.

Where we can all use a little improvement is offering up solutions.

Conduct the draft in one day i.e., a Sunday. I just completed a 12 team 26 round bi-coastal draft in under three hours.

Conduct a 10 or 15 round draft

Let Joe pick our teams for us

There are others out there -- anyone Buehler?
Last edited by Semper Gumby on Thu Apr 17, 2014 12:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Stoney18

PostThu Apr 17, 2014 12:01 pm

Draft talk.

Wanted to get Gio & Clippard but both went before early. Settle for lesser SP in Corbin and used the extra $$ for Jansen so that worked out. Hopefully with 3 S(7)'s I won't need much more bullpen.

It will be interesting to see how the two low power teams in the West, me and Nythawk, fare against the two power teams.

I was also looking at Alcides Escobar but decided to go with a little more offense with Ramirez. Can you win in a 12 team format by punting offense at a position? Does the SS1 make up for the that?

Semper Gumby

PostThu Apr 17, 2014 12:11 pm

Stoney18 wrote:Draft talk.

Wanted to get Gio & Clippard but both went before early. Settle for lesser SP in Corbin and used the extra $$ for Jansen so that worked out. Hopefully with 3 S(7)'s I won't need much more bullpen.

It will be interesting to see how the two low power teams in the West, me and Nythawk, fare against the two power teams.

I was also looking at Alcides Escobar but decided to go with a little more offense with Ramirez. Can you win in a 12 team format by punting offense at a position? Does the SS1 make up for the that?

I eyed Corbin but eventually went with Jose Quintana in Round 7. Jose's card holds a few more GbAs on it which will come in handy. Otherwise, I liked Corbin's card too.

I've yet to figure out the online SOM relief corps magic. I've gone for the big $$ R(1)C(6) and failed -- not enough innings for the investment. On the flipside, I've gone for the Walmart "value" middle relief R(2)s and failed just as bad too.

In the F2F and netplay leagues, I've done well managing my pen. Unfortunately, I've not solved that puzzle here.

joethejet

PostThu Apr 17, 2014 12:17 pm

Stoney,

Yeah, I'm hoping you can punt a position on offense! The way I figure it is that there is so little offense at SS for the money, why spend anything there? I also felt like I *had* to have a 1 at SS because I'm starting Scooter at 2b v RHP.

I went back and forth on Corbin and Gio, finally just decided that they were very, very close, that I like Gio a *tiny* bit better and that the extra .03 might come in handy. <shrug>

Semper, I'm not sure I have the pen figured out either. AT does a great job every time with a matchup pen. I'm too chicken to try it.

Spider took Matt Cain with his last pick so i guess there is no reason to swap the two.

AT is up so I'm guessing he ran out of proxies and we're in for a long delay today. :(

Semper Gumby

PostThu Apr 17, 2014 12:18 pm

Brian Boesch come on down! :D :D :D

Spider 67

PostThu Apr 17, 2014 12:49 pm

Thanks for the offer to fix my Lorenzo Cain pick, but I don't think the league needed to make up for my own carelessness, so I had him up second in my proxy picks. If anyone wants Lorenzo Cain, I will swap him for another pick.

I haven't had the amount of experience with live draft platforms that many of your have had, but I'm pleased with how this one has progressed - compared with drafts on the board. I wish there were a way to specify the order of selection of tiers 1, 2 & 3, but have been able to work around that problem.

I will try to keep proxies in place for the next two days, but will be away from my computer from 5 PM EDT until around 9 PM Thursday, then will have an issue Friday until 2 PM or so - I'm having a dilation of my esophagus on Friday morning and won't have computer access - or a functioning brain until I make it back home.

Spider

Semper Gumby

PostThu Apr 17, 2014 12:55 pm

Spider 67 wrote:I'm having a dilation of my esophagus on Friday morning and won't have computer access - or a functioning brain until I make it back home.

I had the same procedure three years ago. I couldn't barely swallow yogurt the day before dilation. The quacks diagnosed me as been allergic to soy, gluten, peanuts and 99 other things. Fortunately, I never listen to the quacks and had a large bowl of chicken with peanuts on the way home. :lol:

Good luck with it.
PreviousNext

Return to Individual League Chat