NLD35 - The NLD Lives on!

Moderator: Palmtana

• Author

Semper Gumby

Re: NLD35 - LD on New Site! - Smokey is up

PostThu Apr 17, 2014 12:56 pm

Semper Gumby wrote:
Spider 67 wrote:I'm having a dilation of my esophagus on Friday morning and won't have computer access - or a functioning brain until I make it back home.

I had the same procedure three years ago. I couldn't barely swallow yogurt the day before my dilation. The quacks diagnosed me as been allergic to soy, gluten, peanuts and 99 other things. Fortunately, I never listen to the quacks and had a large bowl of chicken with peanuts on the way home. :lol:

Good luck with it.

Spider 67

PostThu Apr 17, 2014 1:22 pm

RATS!!! Juan Perez vs. Juan Perez - sometimes you deserve to pay for your mistakes!! This was more painful than screwing up Lorenzo for Matt Cain.

In the For What It's Worth category, Stoney and I are battling it out (so far unsuccessfully) in the PC Finals. We are both at the bottom of our respective divisions - but not out of the running - yet.

ArrylT

PostThu Apr 17, 2014 1:58 pm

Spider 67 wrote:Thanks for the offer to fix my Lorenzo Cain pick, but I don't think the league needed to make up for my own carelessness, so I had him up second in my proxy picks. If anyone wants Lorenzo Cain, I will swap him for another pick.

I haven't had the amount of experience with live draft platforms that many of your have had, but I'm pleased with how this one has progressed - compared with drafts on the board. I wish there were a way to specify the order of selection of tiers 1, 2 & 3, but have been able to work around that problem.

I will try to keep proxies in place for the next two days, but will be away from my computer from 5 PM EDT until around 9 PM Thursday, then will have an issue Friday until 2 PM or so - I'm having a dilation of my esophagus on Friday morning and won't have computer access - or a functioning brain until I make it back home.

Spider

Best of luck - hope it goes smoothly.

ArrylT

PostThu Apr 17, 2014 2:02 pm

joethejet wrote:Hey Guys,

I didn't pause the draft. That admin page is flaky. It put the times slices back on too and I took those off. Admins, when you make a change,go back and doublecheck everything because it seems to put "defaults" back on.

If no one is going to complain, I'll fix Spider's Cain/Cain swap.

Semper, there have been some surprising picks in this draft. In just this round I was surprised by AT taking another SS (actually, I was hoping to get Acides, but you took him well before I was ready to) and Chase taking Campana when he already has Choo and Marte. I guess he'll DH Campana. And, as always, there are always surprises left in the pool when all is said and done.

I'm driving into work now so I'll check in in 20 minutes. If no one complains, I'll switch Spider's picks then.

I wouldnt have taken Gregorius if I had not gotten Escobar first - but I am not 100% on him - I am going to wait and see how the post-draft FA pool plays out before I decide either way.

ArrylT

PostThu Apr 17, 2014 2:10 pm

joethejet wrote:Stoney,

Yeah, I'm hoping you can punt a position on offense! The way I figure it is that there is so little offense at SS for the money, why spend anything there? I also felt like I *had* to have a 1 at SS because I'm starting Scooter at 2b v RHP.

I went back and forth on Corbin and Gio, finally just decided that they were very, very close, that I like Gio a *tiny* bit better and that the extra .03 might come in handy. <shrug>

Semper, I'm not sure I have the pen figured out either. AT does a great job every time with a matchup pen. I'm too chicken to try it.

Spider took Matt Cain with his last pick so i guess there is no reason to swap the two.

AT is up so I'm guessing he ran out of proxies and we're in for a long delay today. :(

No, I am only unavailable 9am-9pm Mon, Tues, Wed. I didnt load any proxies because I wanted to see who Corky took before my picks - not that I am basing my team on his lol - rather sometimes his picks give me ideas on who I want to target in the next couple of rounds. Had the draft allowed his proxies to run last night I would have picked then and might have waited on my ball park - last night I was undecided which to take but this morning I felt it was time.

Anyways I will be around til about 5pm and then I will check back later tonight to load as many proxies as possible as my train leaves at 7:30am tomorrow.

ArrylT

Re: NLD35 - LD on New Site! - Corky is up

PostThu Apr 17, 2014 2:15 pm

Semper Gumby wrote:We're sounding awfully like the pampered ladies on "Housewives of Beverly Hills" :o

Draft process complaints: 200+ posts :x

Baseball banter: 5 :x

Raul Ibanez is great deal for a DH at $2.32M especially that he hits LHPs too. Raul's 8 BPHRs diamonds and ~7 natural HRs shall play well in this league.

I ranked Joe Nathan #4 among the top relievers (#3 being Kimbrel). Joe's been solid on the back-end of the bullpen in my F2F league.

Overall, I'm surprised at a few picks. Of course, it will be fun to see how several teams draft a few "shaping" piece players.

I expect the pres-season adjustments will be plenty by a few of you. :D :D

More baseball banter is always good. I just do not participate because I am not really the type. Since I no longer run any leagues or such I never need to take the lead or post anything and I enjoy reading everyone elses comments. Maybe I will post more smiley icons at times to at least show I was reading the thread, because I do.

ArrylT

Re: NLD35 - LD on New Site! - Corky is up

PostThu Apr 17, 2014 2:22 pm

Semper Gumby wrote:
    Conduct the draft in one day i.e., a Sunday. I just completed a 12 team 26 round bi-coastal draft in under three hours.

Conduct a 10 or 15 round draft

Let Joe pick our teams for us

There are others out there -- anyone Buehler?

It would be great if we could do a live draft in one day some time - I wish I did not tend to work so many weekends as few people want to do live drafts on a Sat or Sun night - but I think we can always try quickly before each draft to see if it is feasible for that draft.

I would be also up for a theme where everyone drafted a roster and then you got someone elses roster assigned to you randomly. However that really is not an NLD thing - but it would be fun to do. 8-)

superflymacdaddyjuice

PostThu Apr 17, 2014 2:32 pm

JTJ et all

I'm a firm believer that you can play one all glove guy in the middle and still win a 12 team league if you can hit well enough elsewhere. What I don't get is what the glove of your 2b has to do with it. The way I see it, gennet hit well enough to mitigate the 3 rating and some. But that math is completely independent of any other position player right? Ryan's glove (or Escobar's) cannot make up for the defecit in his own bat, much less contribute to off setting up the runners gennet will allow (again I stipulate that gennets bat makes up for the extra runners plus some) . Am I totally off base here? I'm a clearly no expert I simply played ftf as a kid and this online version since it started. My supposition is based on that experience only. I know some very smart ppl have applied math to topics like this but I am not well read on their results. I would love to hear thoughts on the matter if you guys don't mind talking a little shop with " the competition". This is an excellent collection of players.

superflymacdaddyjuice

PostThu Apr 17, 2014 2:33 pm

I would also love to do a one day draft. Would be willing to do at same time as our regular season as well. Great idea.

I echo the sentiments of the effectiveness of j quintana. Been money for me in my keeper lg.

I was looking at the gregorius Escobar platoon as well.

joethejet

PostThu Apr 17, 2014 2:39 pm

Wow, lots to comment on, but it'll have to wait till I get to lunch.

For now I'll say that Chase told me to skip him so I did. Made my pick. You guys taking all the LHDH/plattoony guys scared me into taking Konerko. Not sure if anyone else was interested in him, but I figured I'd better jump on the bandwagon! Course, everyone is probably done with those players now! ;)

We're up to Jeep. I don't see him on, but I doubt he's far way! 8-)

Be back to comment on the rest later.
PreviousNext

Return to Individual League Chat