FOWL Chat/Trades

Moderator: Palmtana

• Author

chasenally

Re: FOWL Chat/Trades

PostThu Jun 13, 2024 11:55 pm

I have a 2nd RD (this year) Supp pick which I think is the 8th pick received from DC Irish if anyone is looking to move up in the Supplemental draft at the end of season 1. I can't use the pick because I already have 3 picks before that. Come one come all this bird is ready to fly!

Mike

It is worth almost nothing or less to me. Looking for a player that has no vowels in his name but will also accept one that does. He must be over 5 feet tall and weigh more than 125lbs, also has to have at least 2 arms but not 3 or more. If you have a player on your roster that meets these criteria, and you want to trade let's talk. I realize I am asking too much for the pick, but I am a cheap SOB. :mrgreen:
The msaegse is waht mttares msot!

chasenally

PostFri Jun 14, 2024 12:16 am

Roster Error

Justin Slaten also appears on Terry's roster as a Prospect Pick. I went back and looked at the draft last year and Terry never drafted him. Me knowing me and most of you knowing me I would not take my word for it, but I am absolutely 5% sure that Justin only belongs on my roster.

the ghost of roger maris

PostFri Jun 14, 2024 12:29 am

On the blocks"

Josh Outman
Gabriel Arias
Orlando Arcia
Oswaldo Cabrera
Christian Javier
Dauri Moreta
Domingo German
Adbert Alzolay

Looking to move up in draft...
player and pick for a higher round pick....
or prospects
etc
vivan Correcaminos! Andale! Andale!

Palmtana

PostFri Jun 14, 2024 1:54 am

chasenally wrote:Roster Error

Justin Slaten also appears on Terry's roster as a Prospect Pick. I went back and looked at the draft last year and Terry never drafted him. Me knowing me and most of you knowing me I would not take my word for it, but I am absolutely 5% sure that Justin only belongs on my roster.

Mike, Terry chose Slater with pick 4.10 in our most recent Prospect draft. He was, mistakenly, added to your group of Prospects. I've removed him from your squad. Let me know if you disagree.

chasenally wrote:I have a 2nd RD (this year) Supp pick which I think is the 8th pick received from DC Irish if anyone is looking to move up in the Supplemental draft at the end of season 1. I can't use the pick because I already have 3 picks before that. Come one come all this bird is ready to fly!

Mike

It is worth almost nothing or less to me. Looking for a player that has no vowels in his name but will also accept one that does. He must be over 5 feet tall and weigh more than 125lbs, also has to have at least 2 arms but not 3 or more. If you have a player on your roster that meets these criteria, and you want to trade let's talk. I realize I am asking too much for the pick, but I am a cheap SOB. :mrgreen:

I believe the Fowldawg Corollary has arisen. In it's namesake league no less. As I remember it, a manager can't trade a pick that he can't make himself. Which makes sense. I think Ninersphan plugged this loophole back in the day. I'll ask him to post here to see if I remember correctly.

Mike, there is only one player that I know of that meets your criteria. Twn Ng. Welsh/Chinese ancestry. 5' 4". 140 lbs. He's fully limbed. He currently resides in Zzyzx, CA. Your lack of $ is not an issue for him. He just wants to experience a life in which he can do more than mumble.

Ninersphan

PostFri Jun 14, 2024 9:17 am

Fowldog corollary states that "you can't trade picks you do not own". Easiest example to explain it:

Going into a draft Team A has acquired an extra 2nd round pick and has traded away their 10th round pick. In order to reach the 10th round pick they will need to cut 11 players.

Cut 1= 1st rd
Cut 2 = 2nd rd (their own)
Cut 3 = 2nd rd (the acquired pick)
Cut 4 = 3rd rd
Cut 5 = 4th rd
Cut 6 = 5th rd
Cut 7 = 6th rd
Cut 8 = 7th rd
Cut 9 = 8th rd
Cut 10 = 9th rd
Cut 11 = 10th rd (traded away)

This was enforced in leagues sandlotshrink used to run.

As for "plugging the loophole", the one thing FC neglects is the fact that, the team that traded the 2nd rd. pick to Team A, has made a cut to account for the traded pick, so team A only need to cut 10 to account for their picks not 11 to account for all the picks they will be making.

Palmtana

PostFri Jun 14, 2024 5:28 pm

Thanks for the explanation Bill. Mike, as it turns out, your roster is currently at 37. "Up to 3" drops can be made in the Supp. draft so drop 1 player and then you can use all 4 of your picks.

chasenally

PostFri Jun 14, 2024 10:03 pm

Mike, Terry chose Slater with pick 4.10 in our most recent Prospect draft. He was, mistakenly, added to your group of Prospects. I've removed him from your squad. Let me know if you disagree.

I drafted him in the second-round pick 12 acquired from seanreflex. I was done picking after that so didn't follow the rest of the draft

And from my understanding I can't give away the draft picks. Fine with me. I am going to scout this Ng guy as he intrigues me.

Mike

chasenally

PostMon Jun 17, 2024 12:16 am

chasenally wrote:Mike, Terry chose Slater with pick 4.10 in our most recent Prospect draft. He was, mistakenly, added to your group of Prospects. I've removed him from your squad. Let me know if you disagree.

I drafted him in the second-round pick 12 acquired from seanreflex. I was done picking after that so didn't follow the rest of the draft

And from my understanding I can't give away the draft picks. Fine with me. I am going to scout this Ng guy as he intrigues me.

Mike

Palmtana

PostMon Jun 17, 2024 12:49 am

Got it. He's on your squad now.
Previous

Return to Individual League Chat