D2D trash talk and draft comments thread

Moderator: Palmtana

• Author

piloneus382

Re: D2D trash talk and draft comments thread

PostThu Mar 03, 2016 8:15 pm

I ask because theres a difference between the draft requirements and the actual game requirements and the rules don't specify which we follow

lev.cohen

PostThu Mar 03, 2016 8:18 pm

piloneus382 wrote:I ask because theres a difference between the draft requirements and the actual game requirements and the rules don't specify which we follow

Yeah it's totally a fair question if it isn't in our rules.

the ghost of roger maris

PostThu Mar 03, 2016 8:20 pm

lev.cohen wrote:
piloneus382 wrote:I ask because theres a difference between the draft requirements and the actual game requirements and the rules don't specify which we follow

Yeah it's totally a fair question if it isn't in our rules.

it's not in the rules
I kind of like pileneus's idea
draft a placeholder
but lets hear from others
vivan Correcaminos! Andale! Andale!

hveed

PostThu Mar 03, 2016 8:24 pm

Agree, placeholders have to be used since the Strat roster requirements and draft requirements are not aligned. But we just need to make sure they are cut after the draft.

calbatross

PostThu Mar 03, 2016 8:40 pm

The Turtle wrote:
bigmahon wrote:I'm only in a thousand keeper leagues, but in all of those you are required to draft a squad that will conform to SOM online roster requirements (as per the helpful reminder previously provided by our commish). And in the rare league where there is variation, agreement is normally secured well in advance of the 23rd round. Are we really negotiating this now? :?

I agree, you must have 14 hitters, 11 pitchers and 2 catchers.

My opinion is in agreement with these fellows.

FALCON29

PostThu Mar 03, 2016 8:55 pm

the ghost of roger maris wrote:
piloneus382 wrote:what happens when I only draft 10 carded pitchers but need 11 to get through the draft?

I assume I can use an undrafted player as a placeholder to get me through

Let's discuss this
I like that idea but let's see what others say....

I think this is a reasonable approach given that most of the draft was conducted before the cards were out and players you may have thought would get cards and were counting on, didn't. It's pretty late in the draft to try to recover from that, plus have to draft an extra pitcher that you don't want.

edwardneal63

PostThu Mar 03, 2016 9:04 pm

My understanding is we were choosing players that would meet Strat's drafting requirements and also meet the post draft roster requirements. The only exceptions being the "paper" roster of 30 could exceed the 28 man limit/17 hitters/12 pitchers limits and the "paper" roster could include uncarded MLB players.

Since we have 5 more roster spaces (30) than the 25 person draft requirement, I think it's reasonable to have the required 11 pitchers and 14 hitters even if you only plan to use 10/13. If you have an extra pitcher/hitter you do not want to carry on your roster, trading would be a possible option.

After we are done FA drafting, I think owners that do not meet the draft requirements should be allowed to replace carded player(s) (permanently not just as place holders) with another carded player prior to the Strat draft taking place.

That being said, if the consensus or commissioner's decision is to use draft placeholders, I think the placeholder(s) should be selected after the FA draft, be clearly designated as such, and required to be dropped before opening day.
Last edited by edwardneal63 on Thu Mar 03, 2016 9:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

fredpaii

PostThu Mar 03, 2016 9:06 pm

hveed wrote:I vote we do use the injury rules. Injuries are part of baseball.

But we started our draft WITHOUT the added rule in effect so adding it now seems silly and ridiculous. Plus this is a 24-team league with 30 players - not 40 as in 12-team leagues.

boblues41

PostThu Mar 03, 2016 9:25 pm

if the rules were to meet SOM roster requirements i don't see why you wouldn't have 11 pitchers (min.)....it isn't like a new thing that you need 11 pitchers to draft a team per their requirements

hveed

PostThu Mar 03, 2016 10:34 pm

fredpaii wrote:
hveed wrote:I vote we do use the injury rules. Injuries are part of baseball.

But we started our draft WITHOUT the added rule in effect so adding it now seems silly and ridiculous. Plus this is a 24-team league with 30 players - not 40 as in 12-team leagues.

We didn't know either way if these rules were in or not, so I'm not sure we are adding anything or how roster size effects it. We are going to have injuries either way. Now we have a choice and personally I like the way the new rules can regulate player value with respect to their true life value, especially since we are using the unleashed cards.
PreviousNext

Return to Individual League Chat