D2D trash talk and draft comments thread

Moderator: Palmtana

• Author

calbatross

Re: D2D trash talk and draft comments thread

PostFri Mar 04, 2016 4:25 pm

the ghost of roger maris wrote:the people have spoken
we should not have problems having 4 pure relievers and 2 catchers

some folks may have to make a post draft trade but so be it it's part of the game
I will be taking a 4th pure reliever soon....

So... what is the ruling exactly? "Rosters must conform to draft requirements (11 P, 14 H)," or "Rosters do not have to conform to draft requirements as long as they conform to in-season roster requirements?"

Also, regarding the new Super-Advanced injury rules, I suggest we take a vote as soon as possible on whether or not to incorporate them in our league and when. It could conceivably impact the Supplemental Draft and trades over the course of this year.

My opinion is that I like idea of the new injury rules, but would not feel it appropriate to implement until next year since in our draft, player values were judged for our 2016 seasons based upon the continuation of existing injury rules.

I would be in favor of enabling them beginning with the 2016 season's card set, next year.

the ghost of roger maris

PostFri Mar 04, 2016 4:28 pm

calbatross wrote:
the ghost of roger maris wrote:the people have spoken
we should not have problems having 4 pure relievers and 2 catchers

some folks may have to make a post draft trade but so be it it's part of the game
I will be taking a 4th pure reliever soon....

So... what is the ruling exactly? "Rosters must conform to draft requirements (11 P, 14 H)," or "Rosters do not have to conform to draft requirements as long as they conform to in-season roster requirements?"

Also, regarding the new Super-Advanced injury rules, I suggest we take a vote as soon as possible on whether or not to incorporate them in our league and when. It could conceivably impact the Supplemental Draft and trades over the course of this year.

My opinion is that I like idea of the new injury rules, but would not feel it appropriate to implement until next year since in our draft, player values were judged for our 2016 seasons based upon the continuation of existing injury rules.

I would be in favor of enabling them beginning with the 2016 season's card set, next year.

you need to be able to meet the drafting requirements
after that the strato rules are in force
13 to 17 Hitters
10 to 12 Pitchers
28 total max
vivan Correcaminos! Andale! Andale!

calbatross

PostFri Mar 04, 2016 4:30 pm

So you will need to have drafted 11 carded pitchers to your 30-man roster so that you can legally draft a team?

the ghost of roger maris

PostFri Mar 04, 2016 4:50 pm

calbatross wrote:So you will need to have drafted 11 carded pitchers to your 30-man roster so that you can legally draft a team?

yup and that 11 has to include 4 pure relievers

Paul_Long71

PostFri Mar 04, 2016 5:23 pm

again, regarding injury rule....I'd like to see us wait a year on this so that STRAT can get it working right. I don't think they are going to like the frequency with which some of their relievers are going to be injured....and/or starters. A 5-rated starter now has 45 times more likely to get injured. every batter instead of every 9th batter and on the 6-6 roll instead of the 6-12 roll....for example. and the injury length could be much longer. want to make sure those kinks have been ironed out and then, if so, use it next year.

the ghost of roger maris

PostFri Mar 04, 2016 5:31 pm

I am not in favor of the new injury rule
it may well be all fowled up....

calbatross

PostFri Mar 04, 2016 7:11 pm

I would have to think they have tested it fully. However, I am totally cool with skipping it for a year or even with never using the new injury rules. I guess I just wanted to throw out there that if we were going to consider it, I think it would be important to give a year's warning so that it can be planned for.

fredpaii

PostFri Mar 04, 2016 7:41 pm

Can someone either text me or call me when I'm up?

Thank you

760-844-6828

gbrookes

PostFri Mar 04, 2016 8:25 pm

Agree that we should wait at least one year before adopting the new injury rule

Paul_Long71

PostSat Mar 05, 2016 8:54 pm

bump back to page 1
PreviousNext

Return to Individual League Chat