NLD35 - The NLD Lives on!

Moderator: Palmtana

• Author

joethejet

Re: NLD35 - The NLD Lives on!

PostMon Apr 28, 2014 12:20 pm

No, sir, I won't start a 3 in CF. But yes, I do not intend to be offfensive ...

LOL

So, Are you starting Barnes in CF v RHP?

Cant find away to change the name

I don't see the link any more either. Weird.

The moves continue and I know AT will wait to the last minute to change his team and Hawk is sitting on a bunch of cap. There are still some dominos to fall.

Semper, I don't think I'm changing my team significantly. I looked some, but didn't find an obvious way to get better w/o bascially starting over. I *think* this team is OK, but maybe I should be concerned? What's your take on my squad?

Spider 67

PostMon Apr 28, 2014 12:55 pm

Joe, I think your last moves bringing Barney on board helped strengthen your squad. With such a heavy LHP league, it improved your OF and 2B defense against LHP - I thought your OF defense was a weak spot. I've only rated my team against others in our division and my guys will have a tough time against the Bank-ers - they'll kill me at Wrigley. I really need to keep you away from Wilson.

Jeepdriver

PostMon Apr 28, 2014 1:50 pm

Not a big piece, but I had wanted Altuve so I snapped him up quickly.

I think I'm moved out now. Present squad should be squad I play with tonight.

Semper Gumby

PostMon Apr 28, 2014 2:46 pm

joethejet wrote:Semper, I don't think I'm changing my team significantly. I looked some, but didn't find an obvious way to get better w/o bascially starting over.

Hardly, you're still at the blackjack table with $210K looking for a card or two.

joethejet wrote:What's your take on my squad?

Your starting pitching strategy to neutralize the LH bats is sound. On paper, the two backwards SPs are nice adds to the rotation. The relief corps is fine with Parnell anchoring the closer role. Kintzler could give way for a LH reliever as Parnell is a lock for the 8th & 9th innings. Lacking another LHSP, Shaw feels like a spare piece here. I like Brothers here - I suspect HAL will get Alex in the mix more than expected. Are you running Wolf and Ortiz for mopup?

For hitting, you've got a few different wrinkles here. You're "going big or going home" with a multiple platoon approach. Gutsy call! I've not studied your divisional foes so we'll see how that plays out.

Otherwise, I'm betting you don't punt on SS with $.76m Brendan Ryan!

joethejet

PostMon Apr 28, 2014 2:49 pm

Spider 67 wrote:Joe, I think your last moves bringing Barney on board helped strengthen your squad. With such a heavy LHP league, it improved your OF and 2B defense against LHP - I thought your OF defense was a weak spot. I've only rated my team against others in our division and my guys will have a tough time against the Bank-ers - they'll kill me at Wrigley. I really need to keep you away from Wilson.

Thanks for the thoughts Spider. yeah, I don't like playing 3's on both corners even with a 1 in CF. I really didn't want to play Hamilton v LHP, but had to figure out how to create some cap room. Pena isn't as good as the other guy, but it's close enough to make the tradeoff I think.

Jeep, this has been a lot of moves for you. I don't remember you making so many in the past.

joethejet

PostMon Apr 28, 2014 2:54 pm

Semper Gumby wrote:
joethejet wrote:Semper, I don't think I'm changing my team significantly. I looked some, but didn't find an obvious way to get better w/o bascially starting over.

Hardly, you're still at the blackjack table with $210K looking for a card or two.

joethejet wrote:What's your take on my squad?

Your starting pitching strategy to neutralize the LH bats is sound. On paper, the two backwards SPs are nice adds to the rotation. The relief corps is fine with Parnell anchoring the closer role. Kintzler could give way for a LH reliever as Parnell is a lock for the 8th & 9th innings. Lacking another LHSP, Shaw feels like a spare piece here. I like Brothers here - I suspect HAL will get Alex in the mix more than expected. Are you running Wolf and Ortiz for mopup?

For hitting, you've got a few different wrinkles here. You're "going big or going home" with a multiple platoon approach. Gutsy call! I've not studied your divisional foes so we'll see how that plays out.

Otherwise, I'm betting you don't punt on SS with $.76m Brendan Ryan!

I may do something with that $.21 I looked last night and didn't really see a place that made much of a difference.

Not every team is LH dominated so Shaw is for those teams. I thought about adding another backward RHRP, but not sure that's the best idea.

yeah, probably will use wolf and ortiz in mopup. Might even throw Shaw in there depending on how it works out.

yeah, way too many platoons, but I'm sort of committed to it at this point. I've toyed with a couple of other possibilties, but haven't see the tradeoff being worth it....yet. ;)

Are you saying that you still think I'm going away from Ryan or that you believe I'm sticking with him? Remember I have Romine too! ;)

Hawk finally used most of his cap, but he's still got a couple of moves up his sleeve I believe.

Corky

PostMon Apr 28, 2014 3:11 pm

I thought about adding another backward RHRP, but not sure that's the best idea.

This dilemma has puzzled me for quite some time. Playing in a face to face game its a no brainer to have reverse guys handy, but I just don't have any faith in HAL doing the right thing with them in the online game.

Kind of relates to reverse SP too. The reverse lineup feature isn't great IMO because it uses it with reverse guys that are 1R or 1L....not enough in my opinion to use that lineup but we have no control over that.

joethejet

PostMon Apr 28, 2014 3:50 pm

Yeah, and having both Shaw and Kintlzer *I* know when I want to use them, but will Hal?

Jeepdriver

PostMon Apr 28, 2014 5:23 pm

Jeep, this has been a lot of moves for you. I don't remember you making so many in the past.

Joe that's very true. Just the way things shook out. I made a few mistakes and never really got a grasp of the team I wanted to put out there.

joethejet

PostMon Apr 28, 2014 6:21 pm

Hey, I thought of you two NC guys the other day. I guess there were some tornados that hit your area. Was everything OK with you?
PreviousNext

Return to Individual League Chat