NL Round-Robin :: Season 12

Moderator: Palmtana

• Author

Sknsfan

Re: NL Round-Robin

PostSun Dec 23, 2012 12:54 pm

Hey guys.

Just got caught up this second. Switching leagues now.

Clarification for me - is this right?

The Padres/Rockies and the Expos/Nats/Fla/Mia teams can now draft anyone who is NL carded to their perspective teams as well as any AL carded player who played for them at some point, provided they do not have a card that is eligible for any of the other NL teams.

Others may only draft NL carded players specifically from their respective card sets, (Players with cards for multiple teams are assigned for purposes of the draft to the team which they played the most games for - I'm assuming based on the number of games listed on their cards - or do we need to verify actual games played for teams?)

Post draft, any free agent player that has played for your team at some point in time is eligible to be on your team. (Second assumption - all teams besides the Pads/Rocks and Exp/Nat/Fla/Mia teams are restricted to the NL cards?)

Thanks

And in the immortal words of Admiral Farragut - "Damn the tor-Padres and full beers with head!"

tcochran

PostSun Dec 23, 2012 2:25 pm

Sknsfan wrote:(Players with cards for multiple teams are assigned for purposes of the draft to the team which they played the most games for - I'm assuming based on the number of games listed on their cards - or do we need to verify actual games played for teams?)"

All good, except for your parenthetical comments.

"The team for which they played the most games" -- in the NL -- means all games, not just the ones Strat has chosen to bless.

MEAT

PostSun Dec 23, 2012 3:29 pm

one more motion, which I guess we can see how season one plays out, but I think we might want to consider keeping expansions together in west in subsequent seasons. with the additions to the padres,,toughest part now is fitting under the cap and covering all positions. it also will help to have some cheaper options on cards instead of one size fits all too expensive or too cheap. did we decide if larry walker is an expo or rockie? certainly Im biased this season, but since rockies have a TOTAL of four players, including walker twice, I'd say them, but it also means either eating or trading gwynn (can't because he only played for the padres) or winfield...don't think he played for any other NL team that I can think of.

tcochran

PostSun Dec 23, 2012 3:52 pm

MEAT wrote:one more motion, which I guess we can see how season one plays out, but I think we might want to consider keeping expansions together in west in subsequent seasons. with the additions to the padres,,toughest part now is fitting under the cap and covering all positions. it also will help to have some cheaper options on cards instead of one size fits all too expensive or too cheap. did we decide if larry walker is an expo or rockie? certainly Im biased this season, but since rockies have a TOTAL of four players, including walker twice, I'd say them, but it also means either eating or trading gwynn (can't because he only played for the padres) or winfield...don't think he played for any other NL team that I can think of.

Larry Walker belongs to Colorado in the autodraft. If not taken, he can play for Montreal or St. Louis after that.

tcochran

PostMon Dec 24, 2012 10:39 am

After adding in a couple of AL-carded SPs, the Expos look like they might be a fun team. I'm glad we expanded the rules a bit!

Let's see if we can load all of the teams this week, okay?

League: NL ROUND ROBIN SEASON 1 (new)
Password: NL 1

FULL SET, NO DH, 100m, 5/10/20, Waivers

EAST
1. andycummings: Boston - Milwaukee - Atlanta Braves - IN
2. hawk: Brooklyn - Los Angeles Dodgers
3. lumbercompanysouth: Chicago Cubs
4. Sknsfan: Cincinnati Reds - IN

tcochran

Paging Hawk

PostWed Dec 26, 2012 10:40 am

EAST
1. andycummings: Boston - Milwaukee - Atlanta Braves - IN
2. hawk: Brooklyn - Los Angeles Dodgers
3. lumbercompanysouth: Chicago Cubs - IN
4. Sknsfan: Cincinnati Reds - IN

tcochran

PostWed Dec 26, 2012 9:33 pm

Sent email, PM, and other league mail to Hawk, with no response so far -- probably due to holiday travel...

bontomn

PostThu Dec 27, 2012 1:32 am

If he hasn't checked in by next week, maybe we should look for a replacement.

nythawk129921

PostThu Dec 27, 2012 11:47 am

sorry for the delay everyone.I was out of town but now my team is loaded and the central can begin loading

tcochran

PostThu Dec 27, 2012 1:14 pm

CENTRAL
5. jflatour99: New York - San Francisco Giants - IN
6. damien666: Philadelphia Phillies
7. bontomn: Pittsburgh Pirates
8. mike28298: St Louis Cardinals
PreviousNext