FOWL Chat/Trades

Moderator: Palmtana

• Author

Palmtana

Re: FOWL Chat/Trades

PostMon Mar 28, 2022 9:34 pm

I'm helping my wife heal from a recent injury and don't have much time for Strat these days so I'm going to leave it to the league to decide Rick's compensation. Thanks all. I'm fine with whatever is decided.

NMILSTEIN

PostMon Mar 28, 2022 10:05 pm

Palmtana wrote:I'm helping my wife heal from a recent injury and don't have much time for Strat these days so I'm going to leave it to the league to decide Rick's compensation. Thanks all. I'm fine with whatever is decided.

Bob, sorry to hear about your wife and I hope she gets well soon. Take care of her and don't worry about this, it's just not that important.

seanreflex

PostMon Mar 28, 2022 10:17 pm

Clearly Rick got hurt in this situation, and there’s nobody at fault here.

My proposal would be, in addition to the pick Rick just made in good faith of Paul Sewald to keep things moving, I think Rick should get the # 1 overall FA pick next year as well, regardless of where his team finishes, and then he should also get his appropriate 1st round pick based on where he finishes in the league this year.

So effectively it would be a 13 player 1st round next year - Rick gets 1st pick, then the regular draft commences with the order of finish determining draft position.

Thoughts?

mlbphan

PostMon Mar 28, 2022 10:24 pm

Mon Mar 28, 2022 9:17 pm

My proposal would be, in addition to the pick Rick just made in good faith of Paul Sewald to keep things moving, I think Rick should get the # 1 overall FA pick next year as well, regardless of where his team finishes, and then he should also get his appropriate 1st round pick based on where he finishes in the league this year.

So effectively it would be a 13 player 1st round next year - Rick gets 1st pick, then the regular draft commences with the order of finish determining draft position.

Thoughts?

I like your idea Sean but I don’t think the rest of the league will. Very well thought out though for sure.

thank you
Rick
mlbphan

MFL536

PostMon Mar 28, 2022 10:25 pm

Thoughts?

I don't have a problem with this solution

the ghost of roger maris

PostMon Mar 28, 2022 10:58 pm

another thought

let Rick keep Glasnow and offer a comp pick to the owner who didn't check his roster....
vivan Correcaminos! Andale! Andale!

mlbphan

PostMon Mar 28, 2022 11:23 pm

Unread postMon Mar 28, 2022 9:58 pm

another thought

let Rick keep Glasnow and offer a comp pick to the owner who didn't check his roster....

another well thought out idea. I’d also be ok with this solution as well.

thank you Ghost (Richard)

Rick
mlbphan

seanreflex

PostTue Mar 29, 2022 9:51 am

Hey Ghost, that's a little unfair to say that Bob "didn't check his roster" ... I know I'm a rookie in this league, but it seems like this league was ready to fold if Bob hadn't stepped up to take the reins.

I had to build / rebuild a google sheet from an inherited league, and there's nothing about it that's easy. It was an honest mistake / oversight for a guy who is putting in a lot of effort so the rest of us can enjoy the league.

I commend mlbphan's patience and understanding in the situation - no rants and gripes, no demands.

All that said, Bob asked us as a league to come up with a solution while he's helping his wife recover from an injury.

So, we had a few in favor of granting the # 1 overall pick to mlbphan in 2023 as compensation. This is in addition to his normal 1st Rd pick next year based on his finish this year.

I propose we take a vote on this, and put this behind us & move forward.

Just my 2 cents. Thanks.

klx22

PostTue Mar 29, 2022 10:14 am

I’m fine with the first overall pick next year and a 13 pick first round.

bigmahon

PostTue Mar 29, 2022 10:49 am

I'm also fine with the current proposal.
PreviousNext

Return to Individual League Chat