NLD35 - The NLD Lives on!

Moderator: Palmtana

• Author

joethejet

Re: NLD35 - The NLD Lives on!

PostThu May 08, 2014 1:04 pm

Jeepdriver wrote:Geez, Stoney smacked me around last night like an agitator in a washing machine. Which makes me agitated. :evil:

:lol:

Not laughing at you jeep, laughing with you. Never fun to get smacked around for sure. At least you made a funny joke. :)

Spider 67

PostThu May 08, 2014 5:01 pm

Jeepdriver wrote:Geez, Stoney smacked me around last night like an agitator in a washing machine. Which makes me agitated. :evil:

What year model is that washing machine? Must be pretty old. ;) Also bet most of us remember one.

gbrookes

PostThu May 08, 2014 6:11 pm

Spider 67 wrote:

What year model is that washing machine? Must be pretty old. ;) Also bet most of us remember one.

Not sure if it's the same idea, but when I was young, the washing machine at the cottage was upright, with an open top, and a post in the middle that spun back and forth to stir the soapy water with the clothes in it. Then, when the load was done, you fed the wet clothes through 2 rollers to strain the water out of them, before hanging them on the clothesline.

Ahh, the good old days.... as a boy who didn't do the laundry, anyway.... :)

Semper Gumby

PostSun May 11, 2014 8:30 pm

Just returned from Munich and Milan where I pulled out a 30-day turnover process in 8 days - very spotty internet access in Milan killed me :cry:

I finish my Chicago based job this Monday and then my wife and I are heading to Naples Florida to live. It will be a nice change from the Wind City :D

I debated pulling the trigger on Chris Davis but he isn't seeing enough RHPs to make life happy for the roster. Pulled a few roster moves to shore up my bats against LHSP and likely killed my JtJ ratings in doing so.

Corky

PostMon May 12, 2014 3:46 am

Good luck with the move Semper, home you enjoy your new digs!

Have to say I'm impressed with what Stoney has done so far being that he has played 27 road games vs only 15 home games! :shock:

Semper Gumby

PostMon May 12, 2014 10:18 am

[quote="Corky"]Good luck with the move Semper, home you enjoy your new digs![quote]

Thanks Corky

After six years in the Wind City, it's time to enjoy the sun and beaches. It will be odd to be one of the youngest families in the Naples area.

Stoney18

PostMon May 12, 2014 10:41 am

Have to say I'm impressed with what Stoney has done so far being that he has played 27 road games vs only 15 home games! :shock:

Having much more success on the road than at home as well. Wouldn't have expected that.

joethejet

PostMon May 12, 2014 5:40 pm

Hey Guys,

Sorry to have been MIA the last week or so. Found out last Thursday that my Mom has lung cancer and will be leaving us soon. Any and all postive thoughts and prayers are greatly appreciated. I'll be back to commenting more as soon as I can get caught up on a few things. It was a hectic week for me and my family.

Jeepdriver

PostMon May 12, 2014 6:46 pm

So sorry to hear that Joe. Your family will be in my thoughts and prayers.

Semper Gumby

PostMon May 12, 2014 7:01 pm

joethejet wrote:Hey Guys,

Sorry to have been MIA the last week or so. Found out last Thursday that my Mom has lung cancer and will be leaving us soon. Any and all postive thoughts and prayers are greatly appreciated. I'll be back to commenting more as soon as I can get caught up on a few things. It was a hectic week for me and my family.

Joe,

Our prayers are with you and your family.

John
PreviousNext

Return to Individual League Chat