NLD 60 - Best Birth Year Ever!

Moderator: Palmtana

• Author

Spider 67

Re: NLD 60 - Best Birth Year Ever!

PostWed Jul 13, 2022 3:40 pm

Semper Gumby wrote:I missed out a few injury cards that I thought would be there :shock:

Joe use IcyHot the stuff is the bomb.

"Specially on groin pulls. :shock:

Semper Gumby

PostWed Jul 13, 2022 10:34 pm

Spider 67 wrote:

Should I ask if you need Joe to show you how to apply? :lol: :lol: :oops: :lol:

joethejet

PostThu Jul 14, 2022 5:07 pm

Semper Gumby wrote:
Spider 67 wrote:

Should I ask if you need Joe to show you how to apply? :lol: :lol: :oops: :lol:

The groin is fine thank you ;)

Did manage to get lucky against Jeep by winning 2. I have to say I'm suprised, but it *is* a dice game so anything can happen.

RandyW64

PostThu Jul 14, 2022 7:15 pm

Didn't like the direction the team was heading, so fired McQueen as the manager and named former midwest scout, from Radiator Springs, Sally Carrera as new manager.

In the initial press conference, she was asked "will you apply icy hot to the groins of all the players?", to which she replied "no, I am still under contract to do that for the Steel City Yinzers, and I want to make sure I can fulfill my obligations there - as soon as someone tells me what a 'Yinzer' is."

So watch out!

joethejet

PostThu Jul 14, 2022 8:17 pm

randal64 wrote:Didn't like the direction the team was heading, so fired McQueen as the manager and named former midwest scout, from Radiator Springs, Sally Carrera as new manager.

In the initial press conference, she was asked "will you apply icy hot to the groins of all the players?", to which she replied "no, I am still under contract to do that for the Steel City Yinzers, and I want to make sure I can fulfill my obligations there - as soon as someone tells me what a 'Yinzer' is."

So watch out!

I think we'll have to let Sally out of her contract, we can't have another team's manager rub our player's groins! :lol: ;) 8-)

What's a Yinzer? Sheesh. https://yinzershop.com/blogs/fun-facts- ... s-a-yinzer

Our very own city of Pittsburgh undoubtedly fits into this category. And, so does our unique, blue-collared culture.

Most certainly, the peculiar and much-celebrated word to define the whole of this wonderful land would be “Yinzer!”.

"Yinzer" (or "Yunzer") was historically used to identify the typical blue-collar people from the Pittsburgh region who often spoke with a heavy Pittsburghese accent. The term stems from the word yinz (or yunz), a second-person plural pronoun brought to the area by early Scottish-Irish immigrants. Over time, yinzer has been used by many Pittsburgh residents to self-identify, even if they don't speak with a thick accent.

As the city gained note as a desirable place to live, more outsiders have moved or returned to the Pittsburgh metropolitan area. The term has taken on a connotation to identify someone who, for better or worse, is either a lifelong Pittsburgher, or says a phrase or commits an act that could be identified as something a stereotypical Pittsburgher might do.

milleram

PostThu Jul 14, 2022 8:28 pm

Y'all don't no noth'in.

joethejet

PostFri Jul 15, 2022 1:27 am

milleram wrote:Y'all don't no noth'in.

:) :lol:

Semper Gumby

PostFri Jul 15, 2022 9:05 am

randal64 wrote:Didn't like the direction the team was heading, so fired McQueen as the manager and named former midwest scout, from Radiator Springs, Sally Carrera as new manager.

So watch out!

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

League is investigating the Yinzer’s - we suspect icyhot was used on the baseballs last night. The Underachievers will turn over the evidence later today. :D

joethejet

PostSat Jul 16, 2022 2:37 am

LOL :lol: too funny

Jeepdriver

PostSat Jul 16, 2022 11:12 am

It's easy to figure out the cause of my 4-8 start.

My Starters ERA is 9.20 :o :shock: :evil:
PreviousNext

Return to Individual League Chat