NLD35 - The NLD Lives on!

Moderator: Palmtana

• Author

Corky

Re: NLD35 - The NLD Lives on!

PostWed Jul 02, 2014 2:49 pm

I agree with Joe. Would really miss having Jeep with us. That said however, he is correct that the last couple of drafts have been brutal. Lets not sugarcoat it...we need somebody that can keep up.

joethejet

PostWed Jul 02, 2014 3:51 pm

Corky wrote:I agree with Joe. Would really miss having Jeep with us. That said however, he is correct that the last couple of drafts have been brutal. Lets not sugarcoat it...we need somebody that can keep up.

Oh I agree it can be done more efficiently, but in the end it's a short period versus the whole season. That said, if it ruins the whole season for you then I guess I get it. It would just be unfortunate to lose Jeeper.

BTW, I'll post the NLD History later tonight (I hope)

Semper Gumby

PostWed Jul 02, 2014 7:48 pm

Jeepdriver wrote:Sorry, You know I love you guys but I don't have fun anymore with our live drafts. Too many problems, slowness, etc. I'm sure you want have any trouble fining replacements in this fine league.

In moments like this .... I take a deep breath and it all gets better. :D

Whilst I'd enjoy a smoother draft, I recognize that life gets in the way of our league's protocols. That said, I'm reaffirming my membership for NLD36 and looking forward to repeating as the league champ. ;)

joethejet

PostThu Jul 03, 2014 2:18 am

Well, assuming Jeep doesn't change his mind (which I hope he does) we need two more players. Anyone have suggestions?

In the meantime, here is the NLD History link
http://angelfire.com/games5/joethejet/NLD_History.xls (You will have to copy and paste that to get it to work. )

Notes
- Semper's first champs in his second playoff appearance scattered over three different stints starting with NLD 6! :shock:
- Only the 6th champ for the fourth best record.
- Stoney's 100 wins continued the bad luck for 100 win teams. All three 100 win NLD teams have failed in the playoffs.
- Stoney's other best record team also failed to win it all. However his fourth best rec team *did* win it!
- Quite an accomplishment for Stoney's squad, only the third team to win 100. He fell 5 wins short of Jeep's record 105 wins. Abner also won 100 games way back in NLD 9.
- Stoney and Corky have both made the playoffs in the last two nlds. That hasn't happened often, but the record is three straight which Jeep and Silver (NLDs 13-15) and JTJ/WM and Silver (21-23) did.
- Korkie jumped over JTJ/WM for second place in winning pct, but the latter duo moved ahead of Shrink and Big M.
- AT is within one of the second most NLDs (Silver) and Jeep and Hawk, with 25, are tied for fourth with Niners.
- Korkie and Stoney are in a four-way tie for second in percent of playoff appearances (> 5 NLD appearances)
- With one more NLD appearance, GB will jump into second place whether he makes the playoffs or not.
- Jeep has faced his longest NLD playoff drought in the last four NLDs. Big A has a streak of three going.
- Assuming Chase doesn't change his mind, he'll be the only "one and done" NLD player since NLD 1! :shock:
- Semper's fourth best record win is the first since NLD 27 when Stoney won it. He snapped a two straight best record win
- Second best record still holds a narrow lead (11-10) over the best record.
- Only five teams finished over .500
- 31 wins separated first from last, one of the higher numbers
- STD Dev was a little above the norm, but not by much.

Draft order for NLD 36

East
ArrylT 69
nythawk129921 74
Jeepdriver 74
gbrookes 77

Central
superflymacdaddyjuice 77
BigAlric 78
chasenally 79
joethejet 84

West
Corky 90
Stoney18 100
Spider 67 86
Semper Gumby 84

Jeep won the season series with Hawk and likewise Smokey v GB.

Who are you taking AT????? :lol:

Semper Gumby

PostThu Jul 03, 2014 12:57 pm

AT did you need help picking a player?

I've some ideas :D

Corky

PostThu Jul 03, 2014 9:33 pm

I love that stuff Joe, thanks for keeping track!

Semper Gumby

PostFri Jul 04, 2014 11:59 am

- Semper's first champs in his second playoff appearance scattered over three different stints starting with NLD 6! :shock:

I wonder what the Vegas odds were on the Cleveland squad pulling it out. :shock:

- Stoney's 100 wins continued the bad luck for 100 win teams. All three 100 win NLD teams have failed in the playoffs.

Why I don't win more is truly rooted in the "100 wins" curse. It seems having a fourth seed win&loss record isn't a death-knell but getting 100 wins might be here.

- Stoney and Corky have both made the playoffs in the last two nlds. That hasn't happened often, but the record is three straight which Jeep and Silver (NLDs 13-15) and JTJ/WM and Silver (21-23) did.

What does that tell you? It's a tough group of owners right?

- Korkie jumped over JTJ/WM for second place in winning pct, but the latter duo moved ahead of Shrink and Big M.

Where is Shrink? :roll:

superflymacdaddyjuice

PostFri Jul 04, 2014 1:24 pm

Semper Gumby wrote:- Semper's first champs in his second playoff appearance scattered over three different stints starting with NLD 6! :shock:

I wonder what the Vegas odds were on the Cleveland squad pulling it out. :shock:

Why I don't win more is truly rooted in the "100 wins" curse. It seems having a fourth seed win&loss record isn't a death-knell but getting 100 wins might be here.

What does that tell you? It's a tough group of owners right?

Where is Shrink? :roll:

I am engaged in talks to bring the shrink out of retirement.

joethejet

PostFri Jul 04, 2014 2:17 pm

I am engaged in talks to bring the shrink out of retirement.

Smokey that would be awesome! I miss the grouchy old man. ;)

Semper Comments on your post:
- The odds were decent because your division was so balanced that anyone of you could have come out of there. Once you get to the "dance" anything can happen.

- 100 win "curse". I'll take my chances with that curse thank you. Remember there's a 4th best record every NLD, but only 3 100 win teams.

-Making the playoffs twice in a row. Well, yeah, the competition is tough, but also the way all the playoff teams end up in the West also makes it tough to do. At most 2 of the 4 teams can repeat.

Any other suggestions on players? GB you had a bunch of suggestions last time. I'd love to have Shrink come back and Jeep too, but in case they don't.....

Corky

PostFri Jul 04, 2014 4:26 pm

Lets keep in mind AT can't draft until after the 13th.

Of course championships are great but I think just once I'd rather 100 wins in this league than to win the championship. I know that's not the way to think in the real world but hey, this isn't. ;) As Joe said that's far more infrequent.

Btw same format next time around? Or do we go to $100 mil or use the unleashed guys? Or anything else for that matter?

BTW speaking of finding old players I wish Abner would come back. Not many classier than that man.
PreviousNext

Return to Individual League Chat