• Author

the splinter

Re: 24 Let's Play Two League - Chat

PostTue Apr 11, 2023 12:20 pm

I’m looking to trade supplemental picks for an upcoming prospect pick

The Turtle

PostTue Apr 11, 2023 6:03 pm

Anyone want my first round prospect pick in 2024 and second round prospect pick this year? If my guy is still there. I would make the deal. Just DM me

TVF33

PostTue Apr 11, 2023 7:28 pm

I am offering my 2024 1st round prospect pick for an early 2023 2nd round prospect pick.
Please message me if interested.

I am on a flight but can confirm around 3 am.

Thanks,
TVF

ed1447

PostWed Apr 12, 2023 1:40 pm

Just four more to enter before we can get started with season 1. Please enter your teams.

ed1447

PostThu Apr 13, 2023 4:03 pm

Waiting for the following to enter:

jsull
masroc
turtle
fightingquakers

Please get your teams in when you can. And don't forget to mark "ready to draft".

DLosier

PostThu Apr 13, 2023 5:38 pm

I am dropping Austin Hedges C from my 30 man roster and promoting prospect Shea Langeliers.

Dlosier

ed1447

PostThu Apr 13, 2023 5:44 pm

DLosier wrote:I am dropping Austin Hedges C from my 30 man roster and promoting prospect Shea Langeliers.

Dlosier

Dave talked to me about this and I ok'ed it. Per the rules all drops were to occur pre-free agent/prospect draft. However, Muck promoted a prospect in lieu of his last free agent pick and I didn't catch it. I should have reminded people about this prior to the draft so there was no confusion. So ... I'm going to allow Dave to make this move. In the future, I will try to give people reminders pre-season.

So just to be clear. You cannot drop players on your 30-man roster unless you make a trade that puts you with more than 30 (in which case you have to drop). You cannot promote a prospect during the season unless you make a trade which puts you under the 30-man limit.

calbatross

PostThu Apr 13, 2023 7:59 pm

ed1447 wrote:
DLosier wrote:I am dropping Austin Hedges C from my 30 man roster and promoting prospect Shea Langeliers.

Dlosier

Dave talked to me about this and I ok'ed it. Per the rules all drops were to occur pre-free agent/prospect draft. However, Muck promoted a prospect in lieu of his last free agent pick and I didn't catch it. I should have reminded people about this prior to the draft so there was no confusion. So ... I'm going to allow Dave to make this move. In the future, I will try to give people reminders pre-season.

So just to be clear. You cannot drop players on your 30-man roster unless you make a trade that puts you with more than 30 (in which case you have to drop). You cannot promote a prospect during the season unless you make a trade which puts you under the 30-man limit.

To be fair about it, he should have to drop one of the 20 players he reserved before the draft, not a player he just drafted (unless he had fewer than 20 players rostered at the start of the FA draft). Otherwise, he essentially got 21 keepers while the rest of us got 10.

Or resolve it through the loophole by negotiating an unbalanced trade that leaves him with a roster spot to make the promotion legally.

DLosier

PostFri Apr 14, 2023 8:09 am

I'm happy to do whatever is fair. Not looking for any advantage for my mediocre club. Just looking for direction. Dave

ed1447

PostFri Apr 14, 2023 8:18 am

calbatross wrote:
ed1447 wrote:

Dlosier

To be fair about it, he should have to drop one of the 20 players he reserved before the draft, not a player he just drafted (unless he had fewer than 20 players rostered at the start of the FA draft). Otherwise, he essentially got 21 keepers while the rest of us got 10.

Or resolve it through the loophole by negotiating an unbalanced trade that leaves him with a roster spot to make the promotion legally.

Good point and Dave has agreed to do so.
PreviousNext

Return to Individual League Chat