5DKL draft (muck on clock Round 3)

Moderator: Palmtana

• Author

unctarheel

5DKL draft (muck on clock Round 3)

PostThu Feb 16, 2023 11:32 pm

to get in on the ground floor of a 12-member keeper league.

No salary cap, standard card set, 40-man and prospect rosters built up over first two years (details via link)

Take a look at the free-agent and prospect draft descriptions to see how they are subtly different from those in many other keeper leagues. With more players involved and continuous opportunity for roster upgrades, this league should offer you something different than you are used to when playing in your other leagues.

If interested, signup below. Everyone still has the opportunity to offer feedback and propose tweaks before the league is up and running.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... sp=sharing

(1) unctarheel
(2)
(3)
(4)
(5)
(6)
(7)
(8)
(9)
(10)
(11)
(12)
Last edited by unctarheel on Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:42 pm, edited 133 times in total.

fredpaii

Re: Progressive Draft Baseball League (NEW)

PostThu Feb 16, 2023 11:44 pm

I want to thank you for starting a new league and being a Keeper league Commissioner. We need that! I won't be able to join due to adding a couple leagues recently but I'm happy to see you doing this.

Enjoy!

P.S. - If you start feeling overwhelmed and irritable - as I did - as Commissioner I would suggest a step back. Throwing that out there. I didn't have the detachment for the job. :(

Palmtana

PostFri Feb 17, 2023 12:07 am

I'm interested. A couple of questions.

.....active and prospect rosters built up over first two years.....

First year is a 25 man FA draft. So we play with just those 25 the first year? I'm not one of them, but some managers like to call up players from their roster during the season if they have an injury. Long term, it sounds like 40 on the roster is a maximum, not a requirement. True?

Can Supplemental draft picks be traded?

Each team is allowed 40-man active roster (40% of whom must be pitchers);......

Is the 40% a hard number or a minimum? Do 40 man rosters need to have exactly 16 pitchers?

unctarheel

PostFri Feb 17, 2023 12:47 am

We can discuss modifying the particulars. I threw in the 40% threshold as a guard rail provision intended to promote stability since I have seen some managers who have employed a scorched-earth policy to obtain short-term gains that left behind a wreck of a franchise that takes a new manager some time to rebuild. As written, the supplemental picks are free-agent drafts and would therefore be tradeable commodities. I'm not adamantly opposed to allowing the trade of prospect picks, but again I proposed that restriction to moderate overly speculative behavior. My main objectives are to try to build something that will endure and to spread the experience out more evenly over time so that there aren't long periods of inactivity. I did not want a 40-round death march of a draft right out of the gate. The first two seasons will be a bit more restrictive than some leagues, but everyone will have a 40-man active roster to begin Year 2.

paul j kiggins

PostFri Feb 17, 2023 12:59 am

wud make a nice 24 team league!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

unctarheel

PostFri Feb 17, 2023 1:06 am

Agreed, but is it not difficult to find that many managers?

paul j kiggins

PostFri Feb 17, 2023 1:14 am

pm sent unctarheel

lakeviewdave

PostFri Feb 17, 2023 7:08 am

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... edit#gid=0

Synopsis: 12-member keeper league, no salary cap, active and prospect rosters built up over first two years (details via link)

Main Objective: Disperse league activity throughout the calendar year (more frequent and varied drafts of shorter duration)

(1) unctarheel
(2) lakeviewdave
(3)
(4)
(5)
(6)
(7)
(8)
(9)
(10)
(11)
(12)

Perhaps instead of 40% pitcher, could be say minimum 25% pitchers and 25% hitters, gives more flexibility for team and prospects. Interesting concept with prospects as well, but overall rules seems doable with or without some tweeks.

unctarheel

PostFri Feb 17, 2023 10:06 am

Once we have 12 managers, we will take input from everyone and tweak the rules. I am not Bud Selig :-)

Jerlins

PostFri Feb 17, 2023 12:42 pm

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... edit#gid=0

Synopsis: 12-member keeper league, no salary cap, active and prospect rosters built up over first two years (details via link)

Main Objective: Disperse league activity throughout the calendar year (more frequent and varied drafts of shorter duration)

(1) unctarheel
(2) lakeviewdave
(3) Jerlins
(4)
(5)
(6)
(7)
(8)
(9)
(10)
(11)
(12)

Perhaps instead of 40% pitcher, could be say minimum 25% pitchers and 25% hitters, gives more flexibility for team and prospects. Interesting concept with prospects as well, but overall rules seems doable with or without some tweeks.
Next

Return to Individual League Chat